- Karma -

Master List of Equipable Items the Community Wants in the Game

Powered paraglider, motor replaces your backpack, take glider in hands lay it down behind you and take off. 

It seems they are popular in Europe and the Czech Republic.

I'm not sure if the Devs could swing this, but man would that be wild lol!

• Like 2

Yeah, it would take some work. Though they are going to add the parachute so just use the animation for opening and closing for take offs and landings, possibly tweak it abit and it should work. I mean there is a mod for it in arma 2.

Something from Chris Torchia concerning weapons lately:

I've been thinking about Steyr and SIG a lot lately, not to mention Heckler & Koch but AK MUST come first :)

Source:

https://twitter.com/ctorchia/statuses/431144017183522816

And also to the ruger:

https://twitter.com/ctorchia/status/430813085620649984

And .22 pistols:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1x0p7x/a_new_picture_of_the_ruger/cf7mm7h?context=1

• Like 1

Thanks LaughingJack, I'll update the list when I get home from work - it'll have to be a little vague since Chris doesn't mention specifics for all of them but I think we can use our imaginations :)

Ammo & Attachments

7.62x39mm (rumored, commonly for AK-47)

This has already been put into the game.

• Like 2

more zombies :-DD

yeah, we need more zombies.

• Like 2

cowboy hat is on the way

Clicketty click on the spoilaaaa

Biker-Chaps/leather-pants:

uenuogfk4nsn.jpgqbiynpdp851t.jpg

Leg-holster for pistols and sawn-off-shotgun:

peqdwiiq2652.jpg

Leather-jacket(s):

Jacket01.jpgpremium-leather-mens-biker-jacket.jpgJacket03.jpg

Dusters, once the engine is ready/better:

1wayiudnw26.jpg

Poncho:

good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-clint-eastwood

poncho.jpg

500full.jpg

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1

Updated - added the weapons mentioned in Laughing Jack's post above; added the Cowbot Hat to confirmed, did not add the video of irishroy doing the "happy dance" upon finding out :) ; added the polaroid camera - great suggestion Byrgesen!

@ Shadow134 - edited, see post below; removed 7.62x39mm rounds, they are already in the game; thanks for pointing this out.

Thanks everyone!

Edited by - Karma -
  • Like 1

Belts, the perfect place to store magazines, pistols and medkits (or small storage packs). And you can show everyone your style

adidas-Bottle-Belt-3BT-G70840.jpg

Noosa-Nomad%20Belt%20-%20Noosa%20Festiva

soldiers_belt.jpg

• Like 1

^^^

Yup.

Surprised and feeling foolish I didn't have those added, seen people asking for it.

UPDATED: added belts, Swiss Army Knfie/Multitool, MRE's (military rations)

Maybe also add leg-holster for pistols and sawn off?

And chaps?

Raincoats, Ponchos?

(The new down-jackets will keep players warm. I think "soon" they'll implement the hot/warm-system...

And we already have rain.. ;)

So a raincoat/poncho would be another logic way to go.

• Like 1

Updated - ugh, so obviously work kicked my ass this week so much that I missed the new Experimental Build go out.  Change main post to reflect new items.

@Shadow134 - my bad, didn't realize the SKS was using AK ammo (but I should have, I know better)

@irishroy - raincoats are in the game, but more the fisherman style; you mean poncho style or else honest to good poncho's?  Also, have an entry for more holsters :)

Edited by - Karma -

i meant the poncho-like raincoats

like these ones from google:

4340-yves-saint-laurent-ysl-snakeskin-pr201101031200409039_130348705.jpg

EDIT:

j27cjngaz1fm.jpg

is that proof enough? ;)

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 3

A ghilli suit (you can do winter/summer/spring/autum versions), perhaps a "home made" craftable one, and a "proffesional" found one.

Also.. how about a "pistol Crossbow" that you can quietly shoot zombies with.. without drawing in every other zombie in the area like the guns do.... ?

My other thought was, that if you cut down the Shotgun into a "sawn off" (i was playing with one of these the other day , they are great fun) how about making the "sawn off" go into the pistol slot, after all its technically a "pistol". considering this is one of the first guns you find, might it be useful to have say .. a sawn off pistol and 9130 or a 22 ruger combo?

• Like 1

We could use some overalls/dungarees. Fits in with the hardhat and wrench. (Don't know if they are still used in factories but I'm sure that farmers wear them.)

WomanFactory1940s.jpg

factory-worker.jpg17626357-happy-young-gardener-in-dungare

• Like 1

I was going to put it on the list....then I was like "Is that an equipped item?  If so, does that make it a fake beard?  If it is fake, does that then mean that those of us who really have beards don't get the special powers that comes along with them?".  Too many questions, not enough answers.  Had to leave it out :P

But yes, please give us the option for beards Devs.

We could have beard hats? It's a (fake) beard, and it's a hat! Win(sorta)\Win

barbarian-beard-hat.jpg

• Like 2

@ basinox - pretty sure I got overalls on the main list.

@ irishroy - yeah that poncho looks great, I thought you meant the cheesy kind from spaghetti westerns; don't get me wrong, I love me some Man With No Name movies, but those ponchos..ewww

Updated - removed the experimental build items since it looks like they went live with the emergency patch.  Added Poncho and More Femine Specifc Clothing.

Edit - I'm a liar, Overalls weren't on the list - they are now, should be.  Also missed the post about the Ghillie Suit - I've heard a lot people saying it's coming, so will put it in Rumored until get more information.  Not sure if I agree with it, should be incredibly rare if it is put in, but this thread isn't only about my opinion :)

Edited by - Karma -

actually...

i.. meant.. the.. cheesy spaghetti-thingies, too ;P

i mean, when we already have leather-slippers, cowboy-hats, 2-barrel-rifles, these canvas-chiller-pants.. why no old fashioned ponchos? ;)

• Like 1

Check this thread out:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/172276-suggested-weapons-for-dayz-standalone/

A very well put together thread suggesting weapons for Day Z, complete with very good reasoning and explanations.  Good debates going on here.  I've also adding the link to the main post.

They just added alcohol tincture to disinfect wounds, which may become an issue. I would like to suggest we add nature remedies so we don't have to just rely on alcohol tincture.

Lye is a natural substance found in hard woods. If we collect ash from after a bonfire from firewood we can add water to our cooking pots, boil it down, and use it as a poultice on clothes to cover wounds.

Pine sap also can be used to cover, close and disinfect wounds as well. If we hack a pine tree, it's sap can be used as a natural disinfecting bandage. Actually, chewing pine needles is a way to get some vitamin C as a side note.

Boiling water is another way to disinfect it. So taking water from ponds and streams and putting it into our cooking pot over fire is an excellent way to disinfect it also.

Since we have a gun cleaning kit, we need to add something like steel wool. it can be used to clean up our cooking pots/repair, plus if you attach for a second a 9v battery you can use it to create fire too but it slightly damages the steel wool.

Going along with the berries they added, Mushrooms are a natural source of minerals and vitamins in the woods, but many are deadly, while some are perfectly edible.

Edited by discipled
  • Like 1

^^^

@ KennyKyle - what exactly would you call that?  I was going to use scarf, but I thought that would convey the wrong message.  Neck wrap?  Hood wrap?

@ Discipled - I think Natural Remedies is a great idea, I'd like to see what some more users think.  Maybe start a thread on it and include a poll?  Link the thread here if you don't mind, and if you don't I'll keep an eye out for it.