- Karma -

Master List of Equipable Items the Community Wants in the Game

From my understanding, Dean wants to move away from having an abundance of military grade weapons in the game.  Personally, I would love having improvised weapons, weapons that a person could make at home, or one that just looks like parts from a kitchen were used to make the weapon.  Its not too hard to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipg17yX-nok

and this plz! lol

I hope so.  Too much military hardware and I think the point of this game, which should be survival, gets lost in translation - everyone will be too busy playing army.  I dig shooters, I really do - but that's not why I'm playing this game.  Now fending off my watering hole using a makeshift spear while trying not to spill my last can of beans...that is glorious.

Also, if I ever see someone with that gun you linked I'll...I'll fall to my knees in worship of the sheer awesomeness lol.

- snipped pic -

Ruger MK2 Confirmed!

Fantastic, thanks for the tip. Adding it to the main list.

• Like 1

So some new gear has been added into experimental build:

Wool Coat - various colours

Flat Caps - various colours

Rabbit Leg, Boar Steak, and Chicken Breast

Long Wooden Ash Stick (can someone confirm if this is a melee weapon or a tool?)

Sporter 22 (what we were calling the Ruger 10/22)

CR75 (what we were calling the CZ75)

.22 Amphibia S (what we were calling the Ruger MK2)

1911 (what we were calling the Colt M1911)

Should keep people occupied and busy finding new toys once goes live :)

Very strange that suppressed Ruger will be added in game.  :( It's a very rare gun IRL, especially in post-Soviet countries.

Very strange that suppressed Ruger will be added in game.  :( It's a very rare gun IRL, especially in post-Soviet countrie

No doubting that it is more of a rare gun - then again if the Dev's had any rhyme or reason to putting gear in the game beyond "because they want to" I can't find it :)  From the perspective of it being one of the more suitable choices in sharing the .22LR round that was already going in, it fits.  Plus I don't believe it is "suppressed" so much so that the rounds fired are subsonic.

From the perspective of it being one of the more suitable choices in sharing the .22LR round that was already going in, it fits.

Soviet Margolin MCM pistol would be more suitable. It's quite common in Eastern Europe.
  • Like 1

Hey, you should add winchester on the list, don't think i saw it.

and utility belts, police and construction, they would fill the same slot as vests

Edited by srgnt.pepper

-snip -

XDD :P

If only, right? Lol.

Hey, you should add winchester on the list, don't think i saw it.

and utility belts, police and construction, they would fill the same slot as vests

I've found the Winchester to be a very polarizing gun, about 50/50 in terms of people wanting it.  I think it's neat, but I don't know that it fits.  I've fired one in real life many times, my old man's kind of a western nut - so believe me when I say I know the gun.  Again, does it fit?

For the belts and that, they're on the list already - in a way.  I'd love to see more emergency worker and factory worker gear - it's likely coming.

B)

- snip -

I don't even...so at first it looks like Welding Mask - that view is probably coloured by my job.  Then I think, no, it's a riot mask.  Then I think, no, it's the precursor Iron Man mask.  And if Tony Stark can build a mother*cking "Iron Man" in a cave in Afghanistan, our best minds can build one in Day Z.  It needs to be in ;)

Edited by - Karma -

Sorry was late on this update, thought I had posted it earlier this week when the tweet came out.  Dev's have confirmed that they are working on the AK-74, AKM, and SVD - the work on the AK-74 is going slowly though.  They also confirmed work on Bows and Crossbows.

Updated main post to reflect more accurate information on which weapons in the AK family are coming, as well as confirmed the SVD Dragunov sniper rifle.

Will wait to see if we start getting word of which, if any, of the many AK family attachments might make the game.

I also added the Molot Belkas M and the TOZ-194, two very similar pump action shotguns used for hunting, home defense, and combat action.  They are both Russian manufactured and popular in Europe.  These were the clear winners from Alexei's latest poll (find the link to the thread at the top of the original post on main page).  The poll definitely indicates that the player base wants to see more shotguns.  Not sure if either will fill a dedicated roll if a Remington 870 version is making it in the game (supposed to have been confirmed, incredibly similar shotgun).

Okay so the big update came out this morning, and it has some new goodies as well as most of the stuff we were expecting it looks like.  Here's a list of everything gear wise that went in:

Food: Sambucus berry item added

• Food: Canina berry item added
  • Gear: added black and UN ballistic helmet variants
  • Gear: Sickle added into loot spawns
  • Gear: 1911 engraved version configure added to loot spawns
  • Gear: Can opener can be used as melee weapon
  • Gear: Box of 10 bucks shots added configured and added to loot spawns
  • Gear: Wool Coat red/black/brown/blue/green/grey/check variants added
  • Gear: Green and black variant of SKS
  • Gear: Green and black variant of firefighter axe added
  • Gear: Flat Cap red/black/brown/blue/green/grey/check variants added
  • Gear: Rabbit leg, boar steak and chicken breasts added
  • Gear: Fresh and rotten tomato configured and spawning on the server
  • Gear: Fresh and rotten potato configured and spawning on the server
  • Gear: Fresh and rotten Green Bell Pepper configured and spawning on the server
  • Gear: Canned Peaches configured and spawning on the server
  • Gear: Tactical bacon configured and spawning on the server
  • Gear: Hard headgear (ballistic, moto, construction and pilot helmets) cannot be wear together with masks
  • Gear: Sporter 22, CR75, Amphibia S, 1911 and respective magazines and ammo (22LR and 9mm) added to spawns
  • Gear: Wool Coats and Flat Caps added to spawns
  • Gear: Farming hoe configured and spawns
  • Gear: Long wooden ash stick

There are some unexpected things on that lists, such as some of the vegetables and the sickle.  Enjoy everyone!

The main post was updated to reflect the changes.

^^^^

Egadz!  How did I miss the inclusion of "Tactical Bacon" before?!  Faaaaaaaannnntastic. :)

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but the ability to use scopes(e.g. the long range scope) on the player's hand, as a monocular. 

opplanet-armasight-prime-d-5x-digital-ni

Edited by sykoCrazy

The List

Weapons

SVD (also known as SV-98 Dragunov, the standard Soviet Military sniper rifle for years)

Im sure you've already been corrected, but the SV98 and the SVD are two completely different weapons, both should worm their way into the game

Custom Patches or random ones like Russian Flag, Police Patch etc. to stick on to your shoulder or vest, backpack etc.

in the unlikely event that i ever find a tent it would great to be able to set up tripwire booby traps around it

i.e. fishing line + sawn off / grenade  or flashbang

in the unlikely event that i ever find a tent it would great to be able to set up tripwire booby traps around it

i.e. fishing line + sawn off / grenade  or flashbang

or even my own personal minefield

it would be great to have waist gear like fannypacks, alternative holsters to keep weapons out of your backpack: drop-thigh holster,ankle holster, hip holster, holsters with magaznie pockets, stand-alone magazine pouches for hip and thigh containing pistol/ rifle magazines and 3-point slings or lanyards for larger weapons.

Something to remember when making suggestions is to take into account Loot Table Dilution - the more items you put in, the worse the loot tables get.  Before making a suggestion, ask yourself - does something else in the game already do that?  If so, would this really add to the game enough to make it worth the Devs while?

More items make the loot tables worse? Are you fucking serious?

No, more items make the loot tables better. Why? The loot tables become more diverse. You see different weapons and items every time you play. Just because you can't get your dream gun as easy as you'd like to doesn't make that a wide variety of items is a bad thing.

They should be aiming to add every gun and ammunition HUMANLY POSSIBLE. Not this 7.62x51 for mosin bullshit. 7.62x54R and 7.62x51 are two entirely different rounds. Why isn't one in the game?

If there is a weapon that isn't in the game that can be added, add it. Don't give a shit about the loot tables - More items only makes it better, more diverse. As long as they make most guns with magazines have a chance of spawning with one, there will be literally no issues. So, add all they want!

I don't understand your logic here. I will suggest literally every single gun humanly possible until there is so many in the game I'm not wondering why there isn't one in the game.

I don't know if this has been listed, don't really have time to look for it. Craft-able 3-point weapon sling so that you can have 2-primary weapons and a secondary on your hip. If u have a bow and a Rifle with a sling u have 2 primary's, craft 2-slings to attach to 2-rifles you have 2-primary's etc....