Vixoran

KOS, because you play too much Simcity

I try to be a pretty friendly player. At first I would even approach people that had weapons to help them. What makes this game intense and fun for me is the human interaction in it. One of the most rewarding instances in the game for me was when I came across a lone player who was fleeing the coast to survive but only had a hacksaw but nothing else. He was starving to death and I had cans of food but nothing to open it with. I traded him an open can of beans for his hacksaw and we went different ways. Yet even though this occurred on a server that was advertised as no KOS, the next town over I witness a guy running around with an M4 murdering everyone he saw. I avoided the town and went to the next. He followed me and killed me while I was looting some beans.

How I wanted to play this game is to find weapons and help bambis find their own gear and weapons to protect themselves, however, it seems there aren't really any people I want to help out any more.

So what ruins the experience for me, is when you have some asshat that runs around fully armed killing people on sight without warning, just because he can without penalty.

This game has quickly devolved into the free for all fuck fest that I was really hoping that it wouldn't be and as of right now I'm really disapointed that I put $30 into it.

This is pretty much how gameplay in Day Z goes; Respawn, drink from a well, try to avoid people while finding gear, get weapons, fuckfest, respawn.

I thought this game was supposed to be a zombie survival game, not a sociopath circle jerk.

So yeah, as of now, fuck this game and the people in it.

• Like 7

yeah ok, its not for everyone, bye.

edit: I think you title may be misleading though, unless you can read minds or some crazy thing.

Edited by Skyline-GTR
  • Like 4

KOS, because you play too much Call of Duty

Ah, another daily KoS thread. I haven't played a CoD since Call of Duty 2: Big Red One when I was a little kid... I suppose that game promoted KoS too but the Germans in that tended to be less friendly than the Germans I've met in DayZ.

• Like 5

Alpha... I guess you know what that means? 

Too bad that you have buyers remorse on an alpha product.

There was a time when alpha state meant barely playable

I bought this game to donate to Bohemia for the development and expected a barely playable game in return.

...I was surprised.

Edited by YassirX
  • Like 7

People that complain about KoS have no idea on how to survive or how to play the game so heres some tips!

1) CoD and KoS have nothing to do with each other.

2) Stop waving to everyone like an idiot, no wonder they kill you.

3) if you're getting KoS'd you're not a very good survivor; you need to take control of every situation.

3a) if you want to help someone you need to get the drop on them first (take control) see how they interact, if they seem dodgy they are dodgy = kill them.

4) now KoS will not happen to you, welcome to actually being a decent survivor in the game; here's your club card.

Theres some tips on how to win the game, now be on your way!

• Like 3

Alpha... I guess you know what that means? 

Too bad that you have buyers remorse on an alpha product.

There was a time when alpha state meant barely playable

I bought this game to donate to Bohemia for the development and expected a barely playable game in return.

...I was surprised.

I wholeheartedly agree.  I've been enough enough alpha tests that were completely unplayable lag fests or game breaking bugs that this alpha feels almost like a beta.  Heck, some beta tests I've done were more like alpha's lol

I understood what I was getting into when I bought an alpha game. I was actually really impressed with how far along it was.

I bought this game because it was a zombie survival sandbox game, but unfortunately, it's more of a get shot by other players for only their enjoyment game.

Maybe when zombies become an actual part of the game it'll become more like what I thought it was going to be.

I have never played any CoD game and I shoot on sight. Because if I dont, you will. Your argument is invalid.

• Like 1

Look.

I / we get it. But as much as your subjective negative experience might annoy you right now, so do threads like these annoy the community. Rage / emotional posts complaining about something in that manner mostly do not help. Some could still provide room for discussion, but that doesn't mean it starts off nicely.

You have two options now. Stop playing or not. Temporary or permanently. Try it again later once the game is more developed.

Otherwise, try changing something. Strength in numbers, pal. I roll in a big friendly group and wouldn't want to miss that experience. DayZ can still 'exhaust' you sometimes, but I get through any, excuse the language, "KOS fuckfest" (just to get the point across) nicely or more or less nicely, while helping people.

Also proves a point that pure, simple KOS (shooting at anything no matter what) is stupid and gets people killed. We recently had a guy take pot shots at us (15 total á 5 people per squad). Why someone would attack a big squad on his / her own is beyond me, but obviously they all died or combat logged (pussies). My point is: Stop playing or change something about how you play if you keep having negative experiences. And you can still be friendly without being at a severe disadvantage. Also because "KOS" is NOT the secret recipe on how to survive. In many situations, THAT can / will get you killed.

Play something else or try again! But please no "Dun liek it, fukk 'dis n' all, I go kthxbye"-Threads (again: or anything likewise) please. Or anything similar. Too much forum cluttering.

Edited by Combine
  • Like 3

COD BF and pretty much every other first person shooter trains you to KOS sure some people play that way because of this some people play that way because it is dayz and they know the death really hurts lol its there right to play as they wish they paid 30$ to ....

You can still play friendly just not stupid assume the person you see is hostile stalk them get into an advantagous position then declare yourself go from there. When moving around assume hostiles and be  a little stealthy ....

PS there is no such thing as pve only or no KOS server its pretty clear in the current server rules that you cant dictate play styles (and these servers will only attract bandits seeking easy prey dont make yourself easy.....

People that complain about KoS have no idea on how to survive or how to play the game so heres some tips!

1) CoD and KoS have nothing to do with each other.

2) Stop waving to everyone like an idiot, no wonder they kill you.

3) if you're getting KoS'd you're not a very good survivor; you need to take control of every situation.

3a) if you want to help someone you need to get the drop on them first (take control) see how they interact, if they seem dodgy they are dodgy = kill them.

4) now KoS will not happen to you, welcome to actually being a decent survivor in the game; here's your club card.

Theres some tips on how to win the game, now be on your way!

Thanks for the tips, I'll keep them in mind if I start it back up. It's just frustrating that everyone is dodgey and better armed than me. 9/10 I get shot randomly on my way to a military base to get weapons to defend myself.

• Like 1

Were you the guy I just gunned down in the firestation in the NW airfield? If thats the case its because I watched you try to gun down my brother earlier who was unarmed and barley got out alive, I tried to engage you from the fire tower earlier but fell through the wall and died. If you are him and you know who you are then karma is a b*ch.

The blanket assumption made by your thread title immediately discounts your opinion. Why stereotype based on a game?

Anyway, as has been said above, it's an alpha product and you were made fully aware of that before your purchase. My experience in the game has been practically the opposite of what you've described. Both solo and when in groups, I've found a mix of characters who'll KoS, and some who are more than happy to see another friendly to talk to.

Sounds like you're not too hot at surviving, so maybe this survival game isn't for you.

Look.

I / we get it. But as much as your subjective negative experience might annoy you right now, so do threads like these annoy the community. Rage / emotional posts complaining about something in that manner mostly do not help. Some could still provide room for discussion, but that doesn't mean it starts off nicely.

You have two options now. Stop playing or not. Temporary or permanently. Try it again later once the game is more developed.

Otherwise, try changing something. Strength in numbers, pal. I roll in a big friendly group and wouldn't want to miss that experience. DayZ can still 'exhaust' you sometimes, but I get through any, excuse the language, "KOS fuckfest" (just to get the point across) nicely or more or less nicely, while helping people.

Also proves a point that pure, simple KOS (shooting at anything no matter what) is stupid and gets people killed. We recently had a guy take pot shots at us (15 total á 5 people per squad). Why someone would attack a big squad on his / her own is beyond me, but obviously they all died or combat logged (pussies). My point is: Stop playing or change something about how you play if you keep having negative experiences. And you can still be friendly without being at a severe disadvantage. Also because "KOS" is NOT the secret recipe on how to survive. In many situations, THAT can / will get you killed.

Play something else or try again! But please no "Dun liek it, fukk 'dis n' all, I go kthxbye"-Threads (again: or anything likewise) please. Or anything similar. Too much forum cluttering.

Yeah sorry about that, I had something a lot more constructive in mind when I started but I was still really agitated when I started writing.

• Like 1

Alright guys, thanks for the constructive feedback, and I apologize for coming off uncouth in my original post.

• Like 1

I kOS cause i'm a deranged psycho, have the mask 'n' all to prove it and people sill ask me "Friendly??" I like it better when I can get the ol' handcuffs on and then pop on the mask, that's best.. I find..

• Like 1

I made the mistake of thinking a guy was friendly last night. My bud and I were heading to the NEAF from the north. Naturally we scoped it first. Saw some guys leaving, no more movement. I covered my buddy while he moved in. He took position and began to cover me, when he tells me someone is behind me! So I beelined for my buddy. Sure enough there was a guy behind me. He had the drop on me but didn't kill me. So we watch him for a bit, he came out of the bushes in full view but we didn't shoot, because that's not how we play. So I wave a few times. Nothing from him tho. So my bud decides he'll walk out to make contact while I cover him. While my bud makes his way down we come under fire. Turns out this guy wasn't alone and we were careless and got flanked and died.

So in cconclusion: Most people I've seen are only looking out for themselves. I've met some decent people. But like it was mentioned, unless you have complete control of the situation, hightail it when you see someone.

How I wanted to play this game is to find weapons and help bambis find their own gear and weapons to protect themselves, however, it seems there aren't really any people I want to help out any more.

So what ruins the experience for me, is when you have some asshat that runs around fully armed killing people on sight without warning, just because he can without penalty.

So yeah, as of now, fuck this game and the people in it.

If your main goal of this game is to "help bambis...protect themselves" what are you protecting them from if there are no KoS bandits, and everyone else lives in your idea of some-kind-of-a happy-go-lucky Chernarus society?

Also, if you haven't noticed, the main survival aspect in a zombie survival game, the zombies, hasn't even been implemented yet. With how early this is in the development the zombies just aren't there. You see maybe 2 or 3 in a city if you're lucky. Once the devs get rolling with more optimization and zombie spawning, larger numbers, hordes, etc.a lot of KoS will stop as people will need to rely on other's to team up and take down loot spawns that are overrun by zombies. 

• Like 1

If your main goal of this game is to "help bambis...protect themselves" what are you protecting them from if there are no KoS bandits, and everyone else lives in your idea of some-kind-of-a happy-go-lucky Chernarus society?

Also, if you haven't noticed, the main survival aspect in a zombie survival game, the zombies, hasn't even been implemented yet. With how early this is in the development the zombies just aren't there. You see maybe 2 or 3 in a city if you're lucky. Once the devs get rolling with more optimization and zombie spawning, larger numbers, hordes, etc.a lot of KoS will stop as people will need to rely on other's to team up and take down loot spawns that are overrun by zombies.

This

Once there is a bbigger threat, kos should go down.

I dunno man, I've ran through Prigorodki to Dubky all the way to Novoselky and in the end had about 40 zombies chasing me.  They are there it's just most people are running straight to the airfields and are avoiding them.