airtonix (DayZ)

The current implementation of the logout timer is trollish.

Than i dont see how putting a timer in period would even matter if thats the situation? Its just a game right? I mean who cares it ppl combat log or like to server hop because all in all it is just a game.

And if your trying to counter well ppl shouldnt be able to do that and exploit the game i could just say "its just a game It dosnt effect you in reallity in anyway, shape or form" lol

have fun I'm outta here. This makes no sense.

Edited by Ochn0e

Holy shit you're an idiot.

No but now im just trolling your ass lol

You can disagree all you want it has worked in Eve-Online for almost a decade and it will work for SA as well.

You are always at risk whether you are logging off or not, that is not an excuse to not have the 30 second timer. It is up to you to minimize or eliminate that risk by making sure nobody has spotted you.

Besides, the system will be improved upon, how I am not sure (I am guessing it'll have to do with "camping" and barricading buildings) but giving someone the option to cancel the logout and give them a chance to weigh the situation is not an improvement in my opinion.

In EvE there is a combat state checked aganst, and you have full control of your character until the timer runs out, at which point you then can instantly log out.

I would love EvEs system of a 5-minute combat timer here, but i honestly doubt that the current combination of technology (engine) and ressources (devteam) allow for that..

• Like 1

I like random location if you switching server more than one time in example 30 minute :beans:

this stop hopping and ghosting dead :D

example you switch server to flank?

you have now 30 minute to wait or you having new random location :thumbsup:  ;)

take that exploit bitches :P

I like random location if you switching server more than one time in example 30 minute :beans:

this stop hopping and ghosting dead :D

example you switch server to flank?

you have now 30 minute to wait or you having new random location :thumbsup:  ;)

take that exploit bitches :P

Im ok with that part as long as i can remember key locations iv been to before.

Hi.

The thing I find funny about the majority of people thinking the log out method is perfect, is that they seem to assume everyone who needs to get out of the game is combat logging. Really? Trolling or just brain dead?

Or maybe just 15 year old kids with 0 responsibilities in life?

There's no way of winning an argument against that type of mentality. Like mah grandpappy told me when I was young "Never argue with an idiot son, first they will take you down to their level, then they will beat you with experience".

:D

Regards.

• Like 1

In EvE there is a combat state checked aganst, and you have full control of your character until the timer runs out, at which point you then can instantly log out.

I would love EvEs system of a 5-minute combat timer here, but i honestly doubt that the current combination of technology (engine) and ressources (devteam) allow for that..

Hi.

This is somewhat similar to what I suggested. When a player uses his weapon, him and his target get a 15 minute combat flag, which would refresh each time they use weapon again. Log out isn't possible during timer and if they lose connection or crash game the character is stuck there until the timer runs out.

There's no logical reason for a player who isn't actually in combat to have a combat log out timer.

Regards.

• Like 1

Hi.

The thing I find funny about the majority of people thinking the log out method is perfect, is that they seem to assume everyone who needs to get out of the game is combat logging. Really? Trolling or just brain dead?

Or maybe just 15 year old kids with 0 responsibilities in life?

There's no way of winning an argument against that type of mentality. Like mah grandpappy told me when I was young "Never argue with an idiot son, first they will take you down to their level, then they will beat you with experience".

:D

Regards.

i never play DayZ if i dont have at least 2 hours time. thats usually after all my work is done and my wife went to bed. I am convinced it is not a game you should be able to just casually jump in and have the possibility to casually jump out anytime within seconds. hence why i advocate a 5-minute logout timer during which you are in control of your character, but during which any offensive action would reset the timer.

edit:

There's no logical reason for a player who isn't actually in combat to have a combat log out timer.

Regards.

except maybe the inability to code a proper combat state solution with the means at hand...

Edited by e47

Combat logging is fixed in the experimental, had enough situations that proofed it yet.

Server hopping is not fixed with it. Died twice yesterday because of some guys spawning in houses everywhere on the map, you can check a spot as long as you want, it will not get any safer.

As we have a log out timer we need a log in timer. Maybe the body is for 30-45 secs on the map before you can actually move it.

dont get me wrong,

i think the current logout timer on the exp build is a tremendous improvement, and i love it. its better than nothing. i am just convinced that there is room for improvement, and i hope the dev team does look at ways to improve it.

dont get me wrong,

i think the current logout timer on the exp build is a tremendous improvement, and i love it. its better than nothing. i am just convinced that there is room for improvement, and i hope the dev team does look at ways to improve it.

Time needs to be devoted to core content over this anyways to be honest. This would be stuff ppl should be worrying about in beta or close to release anyways.

But the good thing about this is all it would need is some touchups over actually putting everything latter when there on a tight schedule for a release.

Im ok with that part as long as i can remember key locations iv been to before.

random spawn after multiple server change in short time only have effect player who abuse hopper/ghosting bitches  :D

you playing and friend say 'hey come this server'

no problem for you, switch server no punish same place continue game like before :thumbsup:  :)

now maybe you decide to change again for honest reason

well 15/20/30 minute etc is not long time in dayz spend time to get where you want then change server

maybe when you hit escape key is say warning if you try change too soon ;)

it punish only server hopper and ghosting bitches who NEED FAST SERVER SWITCH TO SAME PLACE more than one time >:(

combat logging is more tricky because how is possible define combat?

guy shoot close to you? maybe he shoot zed don't see you :huh:

So much combat loggers tears already.

Just wait when the patch gets on stable servers, whole page one of general discussion will be crying about anti combat log.

• Like 1

i wouldnt even mind if switching servers would put you on the coast again every time..

One thing I don't like is that our groups resident bandit is now talking about stalking people and killing when they log with no risk lol. I think he just found a glaring bug with this system. If we could have both it would be good, so you can sit and wait if you want, being able to break the count. But if you DC or alt f4 even mid way through the count, your guy stays in place for the rest. Just a normal DC would mean your guy sits and starts the count, log back in within 30s and regain control :)

combat logging is more tricky because how is possible define combat?

guy shoot close to you? maybe he shoot zed don't see you :huh:

my idea was:

if you can hear a shot: combat flagged.

if you can see (means it is within your FOV) someone using a weapon (fists, melee, improvised gas bomb, gun, whatever): combat flagged.

if you use a weapon (see above): combat flagged.

• Like 2

So much combat loggers tears already.

Just wait when the patch gets on stable servers, whole page one of general discussion will be crying about anti combat log.

lol :facepalm:

The only tears I've actually seen regarding this subject were before the timer was added. You know, when everyone was here crying about how people logged out before they could kill them :D

I guess it might bother me if people combat logged on me too, but so far nobody I shot at actually had the chance to log out, cause well you know, they were dead :D

Regards.

You can disagree all you want it has worked in Eve-Online for almost a decade and it will work for SA as well.

The logoff timer in EVE is a recent addition (a year? Maybe a bit longer), until then, you logged off blind as it will be in DayZ.

You can argue that the 1 minute timer (without aggro) in EVE was much safer than 30 seconds in DayZ, and I might agree. You have better safe spots, and can be reasonably sure nobody will get to you in that minute. Plus, before the timer, your ship despawned after a minute no matter what, so most of the time you could be almost 100% nobody could find and kill you within 60 seconds.

DayZ is a bit riskier, but 30 seconds is still not that long,

The logoff timer in EVE is a recent addition (a year? Maybe a bit longer), until then, you logged off blind as it will be in DayZ.

You can argue that the 1 minute timer (without aggro) in EVE was much safer than 30 seconds in DayZ, and I might agree. You have better safe spots, and can be reasonably sure nobody will get to you in that minute. Plus, before the timer, your ship despawned after a minute no matter what, so most of the time you could be almost 100% nobody could find and kill you within 60 seconds.

DayZ is a bit riskier, but 30 seconds is still not that long,

Yes but once those promised number of mobs come in and the roaming ones i can see it being tricky. But for right now yeah its not so much of an issue.

lol :facepalm:

The only tears I've actually seen regarding this subject were before the timer was added. You know, when everyone was here crying about how people logged out before they could kill them :D

I guess it might bother me if people combat logged on me too, but so far nobody I shot at actually had the chance to log out, cause well you know, they were dead :D

Regards.

I'm not gonna lie, I combat logged the other day and am a terrible person because of it. It was just like, my brain got so confused from what was going on my immediate reaction was just "GAH EXIT EXIT EXIT EXIIIT FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" (I won't explain what happened as no one cares and it'd take too long)

It sucks because i'm desperately trying to get rid of this "omg i have good stuff CANT DIE OR LIFE OVER" mindset every other game has given me and play this game for what it is but DAMN it's hard to break the mold. I mean seriously, there is so much more to this game than the stuff you accumulate at the end of your military base runs. I mean so much of the fun i've had in this game has had nothing to do with my gear.

it's weird too because I have never combat logged any other time...but then again I have never had 2 pristine long range scopes lol...it's kind of sad, really. Hopefully I think on my toes and take my death or resulting survival like a man in the future xD

one guy I see running out from NEAF to north so I follow keep distance ;)

after 5 minute he crouch in bush and stay like this for one minute

maybe do last moment inventory tetris eat something then he logging out

with new system I have 30 second to make free kill :D

this guy don't do combat log or nothing wrong he play fair but game punish :huh:

I am not asshole so I never kill afk player but maybe 75% of playerbase rubbing together the hands in this situation and have easy kill free loots

I hate combat log bastards >:(

and I love fact rocket take serious this and try something for fix :thumbsup:  :)

but is not perfect solution and many innocent guys will die with this timer system :|

• Like 7

this guy don't do combat log or nothing wrong he play fair but game punish :huh:

I am not asshole so I never kill afk player but maybe 75% of playerbase rubbing together the hands in this situation and have easy kill free loots

I hate combat log bastards > :(

and I love fact rocket take serious this and try something for fix :thumbsup:  :)

but is not perfect solution and many innocent guys will die with this timer system :|

it's what happens when you're not aware of your surroundings :)

it's quite a bit more fair in hardcore though, as people can't hide behind stuff and wait to see you logging out

• Like 1

I hate combat log bastards > :(

If you managed to follow him for 5 minutes (that would be throught about 2 kilometers) and he didyn't noticed you then you deserve your kill.

Specially if this was like for exemple from airfield, one of the most hot zones on the entire 225km^2 map, one of not many places that you can expect to have tail when you leave it.

Edited by Frosti
  • Like 3