airtonix (DayZ)

The current implementation of the logout timer is trollish.

At the end of t he day the entire global hive system sucks.

We need private hives.

The only thing i would like tweeked is when i exit i can wait the 30 seconds with the character in game or force exit and leave him there unguarded. 

They just need to make it like 20seconds, and it should be like WoW where it shows you the timer as you log out, so if something starts to happen you can cancel the logut and defend yourself

Exactly that's what they should do, but also they should implement something that let's other players understand that you are disconnecting.

Edited by Joker83

So... the current implementation of this logout timer system is broken... there's a bug report already and I've confirmed it with a screenshot example. http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=7958

Basically, if you think simply finding a safe spot to logout will work, think again as the servers don't seem to put you in the same spot you logged out from... not cool if you end up respawning out in the open (where you were 20-30 seconds before logging out).

DAYZ%20ALPHA%20SCREWY%20SPAWN%20POINT%20

I dont think thats an issue?

2. is where you logged out.

2. is where you character sat down for 30 sec.

3. is the spot you returned to the game. You would only be visible when you pop back in, in which case you can just start running to your next location.

I dont think thats an issue?

2. is where you logged out.

2. is where you character sat down for 30 sec.

3. is the spot you returned to the game. You would only be visible when you pop back in, in which case you can just start running to your next location.

It certainly is an issue if you logged out in a building and logged in somewhere on the streets or some other inopportune place (i.e. next to zombies or other players, or right out in the open as in my example).  This will become even more of an issue when more zombies are added, since "safe" wont' apply if you respawn somewhere you never intended to. 

If there is a 30 second lag (or more) from BEFORE you log out, this could also affect other things, like inventory items you picked up before logging out. 

Think of logging out like your character sleeping. A bandit could be stalking you through the woods for the perfect opportunity to take your possessions, and what easier way than to wait for you to shut your eyes for the night? A quick slice across the throat and all your gear is now his.

ye. more knifes.

Herp derp, don't log in the open and find a nice safe spot away from the cities.  Not difficult

The average player shouldn't be inconvenienced because of anti-combat logging efforts... some of us with kids, pets, spouses just need to be able to log off quickly and not be punished for it or spend 10 minutes finding a safe country-side location... 

The average player shouldn't be inconvenienced because of anti-combat logging efforts... some of us with kids, pets, spouses just need to be able to log off quickly and not be punished for it or spend 10 minutes finding a safe country-side location... 

Plan ahead??  Oh gee, I only have so much time to play, well did what I had to do now it's time to find a safe spot to log.  Again, not difficult.

What if you could only logout in deer stands and they put one every 1000m?

those ladders would kill too many people!

So... the current implementation of this logout timer system is broken... there's a bug report already and I've confirmed it with a screenshot example. http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=7958

Basically, if you think simply finding a safe spot to logout will work, think again as the servers don't seem to put you in the same spot you logged out from... not cool if you end up respawning out in the open (where you were 20-30 seconds before logging out).

DAYZ%20ALPHA%20SCREWY%20SPAWN%20POINT%20

did u immediately log out after getting there ?  or did u sit down and looked around a bit for a while. maybe the server cant update your position to the hive this fast?

so far i liked everything they brought with the patches! this log out timer adds new tension! I LIKE!

real men log out infront of school in elektro with nothing but their trusty magnum!

Edited by brumey

Plan ahead??  Oh gee, I only have so much time to play, well did what I had to do now it's time to find a safe spot to log.  Again, not difficult.

I assume you don't have kids/pets/partner... you can't plan with a house full of people .  I play when I can and when I'm interrupted, I should be able to log out of the game without being penalized.  That's not too much too ask - especially when a character with only one life is at stake. 

did u immediately log out after getting there ?  or did u sit down and looked around a bit for a while. maybe the server cant update your position to the hive this fast?

I always look around, full 360 and make sure things are safe.  In this case, I spent quite a bit of time (over 30 seconds) checking out the mountain in front of the spot I chose.  If they can force the hive to save your exact location when the player logs out, then there's no problem.  Currently, several users have noticed this inconsistent log out/log in location issue.

I assume you don't have kids/pets/partner... you can't plan with a house full of people .  I play when I can and when I'm interrupted, I should be able to log out of the game without being penalized.  That's not too much too ask - especially when a character with only one life is at stake. 

I've got an 8 year old daughter.  I know how to utilize my time between friends, family and obligations.  If you need to log off immediately that sucks but that's the price you're going to have to pay.  Also, I'll lose everything as well if I have to log immediately,  I don't care because I enjoy the hunt of finding new stuff.

Edited by Caboose187

I've got an 8 year old daughter.  I know how to utilize my time between friends, family and obligations.  If you need to log off immediately that sucks but that's the price you're going to have to pay.  Also, I'll lose everything as well if I have to log immediately,  I don't care because I enjoy the hunt of finding new stuff.

You may accept that, but don't expect the vast number of players to be ok with being penalized for having to tend to life outside of the game.  I do want a system to combat server hopping and combat logging, but that system shouldn't affect legitimate log outs.  Fortunately, they have over a year to figure out a system that works.