Igglas Cage

What will make you play the alpha again?

Funny how many people here on these forums have all of this vast video game developing experience to back up their stark criticisms of what should and shouldnt be fixed lol

xD

And your problem with my opinion is?

The OP asked a question - I answered it to the best of my ability.

You don't like my answer - deal with it.

You think your opinion is more valid/important/better informed than mine? *bing* Wrong answer.

You think I think my opinion is more valid/important/better informed than anyone else's? *bing* Also wrong answer.

You think your opinion is more important/valid/better informed than any one else's? *bing* Wait... you couldn't be arsed to answer the OP in your rush to denigrate my post could you? Just goes to show what a sad little troll you are.

Edited by pa_foster

I haven't stopped playing yet. I think having two character slots really freshened things up, but I'm really waiting for tents and vehicles.

I hvn't stopped playing, but if i do it will be because i'm waiting on these 3 game changing things.

1- zombies pathing correctly

2- audio fix for random noises

3- adding the ability to build lasting shelters (basically giving the game an end game and allowing you to live off the land,have a home, ect., to make actually surviving worth while)

Those 3 things will change the game. Once they add a reason to continue living, people will immediately begin playing a lot smarter and safer.

Still playing, though lightly. I'm waiting for item storage of some sort, thats the big kicker for me. I really prefer the loot as is tbh, i really like the feeling of coming into a town and it being completely picked through except that rotten fruit....decisions, decisions. Also i am keeping my fingers crossed for what their final product for base building will be.

I still play, but there are several things that would make my playtime much more enjoyable:

-vehicles, at least a damn bike. I think one of the reasons players stick to the coasts is the fact that it takes FOREVER to run inland. 

-long term item storage. I would like to be able to bury a protective case somewhere, and be able to come back to it a week later, supplies intact. Other people could find it, of course, but it should be relatively difficult.

-fixing the goddamn ambient zombie noises. I hate how paranoid I get when a rabbit uses a zombie growl when I walk by.

Well 93 hours played, and just got KoS after helping a bambi then he lured me to his friends, so im pretty bitter right now.

Less Assholes

Less KoSing

Better Spawning

Zombie to be feared instead of every single player

Less KoSing

Less KoSing

uhh...

Less Kosing

Oh and less DOUCHEBAGS

Well 93 hours played, and just got KoS after helping a bambi then he lured me to his friends, so im pretty bitter right now.

Less Assholes

Less KoSing

Better Spawning

Zombie to be feared instead of every single player

Less KoSing

Less KoSing

uhh...

Less Kosing

Oh and less DOUCHEBAGS

Sorry, KoS aint going anywhere. 

The game is perfect right now! Although if they keep adding these kiddie backpacks it will turn into hello kitty island...

I will keep playing the alpha until the beta and through release but I will tell you the order which I think major features are going to be added.

bikes

animals/hunting

vehicles

camping/fortification/loot storage for server restart

zombies AI fixed

More Zombies/random hoards/towns taken over

Random Events/Plane crashes

Graphics optimized

Aren't they supposed to release a roadmap for development soon?

Roaming zombie hoardes, it seems to find any you need to be in the places where the towns or bases are. Too many times I have been taken out by KOSers in the middle of nowhere, what we need is a constant threat to everyone, everywhere.

The game at the mo feels a little boxed in as far as the zombies are concerned. They are a limited threat with little effort to lose or smite.

Play Alpha? Na, rather wait for the full game. Jk. But seriously, do you guys think this game will be dead by its finished?

Play Alpha? Na, rather wait for the full game. Jk. But seriously, do you guys think this game will be dead by its finished?

I don't know and I'm not sure a care.

When I started playing the mod, it was far from finished and when I stopped playing it, there were helicopters and vehicles everywhere you looked. I'm going to follow the development and take breaks between updates, I see it as a more dynamic experience, than simply focusing on the end goal. 

I remember playing the free demo for Mount & Blade and then buying it.I played it a lot and then I stopped. Years later, I realized much had changed and for the fun of it, I tried to recover my game code and much to my surprise, it was as easy as recovering a password.

I personally love this game already, bought it today and have over 2 hours of playtime. So far, though, what I would most like to see fixed is zombies clipping through walls, I already knew that happened so it didn't kill me (I watched a lot of vids and reviews so I knew it would happen), but other newer players might get killed by it. I don't want that to happen. Here are things that I'd like to see so far.

1. More loot, I searched for nearly 1 hour and found a shovel, and jeans... After that in another life I found a first aid kit, an axe, and a backpack, yet I still would like to see some more loot, and some more foods that don't require a can opener.

2. Less "jerky" movement, this isn't a huge problem but can get annoying at times. I recognize that this is Alpha, so it doesn't bother me much, but it would be an awesome thing to have fixed.

3. Audio glitches. You hear noises and you search, but nothing is really there. I also don't like how when you melee hit a wall, it sounds like a gunshot, it is really annoying with gaming headphones on, because it is soooo loud.

Other then these reasons the game is awesome, especially for an alpha-state. I will continue to play this game until it loses all it's community, this truly is an awesome game.

Edited by Crazy_Spider
  • Like 1

I'm done playing for the minute. Will start playing again when the new patch hits stable. Played it a little bit and it's great but the experimental servers aren't restarted often enough for the game to be playable.

• Like 1

But seriously, do you guys think this game will be dead by its finished?

I certainly hope not - it has heaps of potential to be an engrosing and enjoyable horror/survival game. Despite what the hardcore players and those who've been playing the mod think, the game does need to be made more accessible: i am concerned that the current player base will obfusticate the game to the point where anyone who's not played since Alpha won't be able to get into the game at all.

Inevitably there will, out of the million plus current players, be those that drop out before the game actually goes gold. It remains to be seen if the final, polished version can draw them back in.

Ironically, the one big problem I do see is the actual early release of the Alpha version and the wildly unexpected take up of what is - to all intents and purposes - a completely unfinished game. There exists the possibility that Dayz may have "shot its bolt" and everyone who is interested in buying the game has already brought it. Yeah, a million plus times £19.99 is nice to have in the bank and will pay for a heck of a lot of development but, if no-one buys the game at final release... Not good.

But seriously, do you guys think this game will be dead by its finished?

I predict the "rocket hater" will buy the game in a few months. The only competition for DayZ is the DayZ Mod and the Mods of the Mod.

The standalone will beat the Mod in all points (including all Arma III Mods). A masterpiece will not die.

Back to topic.

I play every day. :P

Edited by NoCheats

Vehicles. I put my foot down and will not play the SA what so ever until Vehicles are added.