AnyoneInCherno?

Clothing Ideas

Chaps

mvrr8095cut.jpg

Goddammit guys, can no-one tell me, how i can make a "spoiler", where you click on it, and it opens..?! ^^

• Like 2

A large amount of user submitted ideas have been added. Some i didnt agree should be in game, or were too general(white tee) and some went a bit too far( Motocross racing gear). Hope to see some more ideas!

i add something to your threat.^^

1128_0.jpgbuese-motorradanzug-11-gc420000-nhhx_m.j

dont forget the full motorcycle stuff ;D

how can i make spoilers?

Elza Walker approves this

Some TTSKO without the Russian naval shirt under it, and maybe some flak jackets or a carrier rig (like the ones in Vietnam). Also, we need helmet covers, in TTSKO and all the other camo patterns we see in the game.

I'd like to look something like these guys:

dnnRHnt.jpg

Y'know the military zombies? These guys, before they got zombified. Chernarussian Defense forces. We've got the beret, we've got the camo. NOW ADD MORE CDF GEAR!!!!

Also, more Eastern stuff. I'm really pissed off that pretty much everything added into the game is straight Western gear. The fuck, Bohemia?

Edited by Cap'n
  • Like 1

Eastern stuff could possibly be regional member nations deployed to counter the zombies in Chernarus. Be it with CTSO or simply heading over borders to preempt a defense.

Such camouflages like Armenian digital:

armenia-special-army-forces.jpg

Azerbaijan wears woodland and tricolor desert:

soldiers_military_combat_field_dress_pat

soldiers_military_combat_field_dress_pat

Georgia wears MARPAT, woodland, and Multicam:

georgi15.jpg

Soldier_Army_Georgia_news_28062007_001.j

450x300_q75.jpg

And that's Caucasian states. Potentially Iran and Turkey might have had some osmosis as well, with wandering soldiers and whatnot. And that's not counting the uniforms that the UN (already ingame) would have brought.

I would like:

- Pasties

- Banana Hammock

that is all.

BUT THINK OF THE CHILDREN

BUT THINK OF THE CHILDREN

Children should not be playing mature games. If they decide to do so, then they must receive the wrath of my pasties/banana hammock to teach them the lesson of not playing games they are too young to play!

• Like 1

Good post, great ideas and a really big YES to the GP5 Gasmask.

I'm not sure whether this exists already, but what about the color of your cloths give you a certain camo value. For instance a bright orange rain coat gives you a very bad value and a camo jacket gives you a very good value. The camo value could be used for the distance that zombies can spot a player. The surroundings could influence the value too in urban regions a grey jacket has better camo values than a green jacket and in the forest vise versa.

This list is great but it needs more civilian clothing:

jumpers: Woollen, polo neck.

Shirts: polo, business, short sleeved.

Coats: Sheepskin, parka.

Jackets: Bomber, hunter, suit. 

Edited by YorkMorgan

I'm not sure whether this exists already, but what about the color of your cloths give you a certain camo value. For instance a bright orange rain coat gives you a very bad value and a camo jacket gives you a very good value. The camo value could be used for the distance that zombies can spot a player. The surroundings could influence the value too in urban regions a grey jacket has better camo values than a green jacket and in the forest vise versa.

This is not a bad idea, keep it simple though, fixed camo values that do not depend on surroundings would be very straight forward to code, having to assign camo values dependent on location would be rather a lot more work to implement (although it would be awesome, as it was in MGS 3), but we can hope, they said they are rewriting the zombie AI with an emphasis on stealth so you might get your wish.

i want leg holster 

CT391_ONVEST.jpg

I'm a russian and to tell you the truth, the gasmasks which are in the game are really rare in the real life and only are used by troops. The type of the mask which is common is GP-5 (it was suggested to add by the author of the topic). It can be found in schools, hospitals, etc.

P.S. The gas mask which is already added is literally called as a 'hamster' by russians.

Edited by Vityuk

I'm a russian and to tell you the truth, the gasmasks which are in the game are really rare in the real life and only are used by troops. The type of the mask which is common is GP-5 (it was suggested to add by the author of the topic). It can be found in schools, hospitals, etc.

P.S. The gas mask which is already added is literally called as a 'hamster' by russians.

thank you for the input!

Rustic self made clothes made from animal skin would be cool.

• Like 2

A serious and well made topic.

You have my beans! :beans: :beans:

A serious and well made topic.

You have my beans! :beans: :beans:

Why thank you!

IN OTHER NEWS:

Either tonight or very,very soon, an update with user submitted(and maybe a few of my own) ideas will be added! Stay tuned m8's!

Get me a 

• Black Beanie - in game
  • White T-Shirt - in game
  • Black Hoodie - in game
  • Tan Jacket - tan tac. shirt in game
  • Camouflage Cargo Jeans - TTsKO pants in game
  • Leather Tread Boots - Not sure
  • Finger-less Gloves - Would be cool
  • One-Strap Bag - Courier bag in game

I'll be sooooo happy.

You only need 2 of those! lol

Some ideas I had or found around here. Incorporates some of my suggestions/ideas about game mechanics and is not limited to single pieces of clothing. But instead of making yet another topic here it is:

Clothing properties

Besides adding inventory space and different appearance (that translates into identification and camouflage) cloth should have some additional properties:

- weight (more weight -> less speed or higher stamina cost)

- fire resistance

- protection (against cold, reduces temperature loss but also increases temperature gain)

- soaking (the amount of water clothes can soak up increasing their weight and ithe time to become dry)

- swimming (not wearing topwear, trousers etc. should give you a bonus depending on underwear,...)

- resistance (against attacks, making the wearer more durable)

- access speed (access to clothing that is worn under other clothing should be much slower)

In general short clothes should provide less protection (can be good if its hot though) and resistance but soak up less water, make you swim more effectively (stamina drain, speed etc.) and weight less. Usually they should also have less storage space. Wearing multiple layers of clothing should increase the benefits (like more storage space and protection) but also the downsides (like high weight and making you sweat) as well as redcing the access speed to the lower layers.

Modification:

Make it possible to modify or even craft clothing. Shirts, Skirts and Trousers might be shortened to decrease their weight at the cost of less protection. Slit long skirts or even jackets to increase access speed for clothing that is worn under them - also at the cost of some protection.

Female Only Clothes:
Those can come in different shapes (mostly dresses) and are supposed to make up for the customization disadvantage female characters got for not being able to grow a beard. If a male character tries to put them on he will receive a message that the clothes do not fit. However, most clothing (even skirts) should be wearable for both sexes, especially the higher utility versions.

Underwear:
Underwear can only be exchanged, never completely taken off (for censorship reasons :P ). Its specific to a certain gender (e.g. bikinis only for females, shorts only for males) and is far less common than other clothes. Cannot be used for anything else.

Long Underwear: (long undershirt+underpants/bodysuits)
- good protection against cold
- takes very long to become dry
- almost no bonus to swimming
- quite rare
Modest Underwear: (short undershirt+underpants/bodysuits)
- some protection against cold
- takes some time to become dry
- minor bonus to swimming
- can be spawned with
Short Underwear: (boxer shirts, briefs, bra+panties etc.)
- minor protection against cold
- takes a short time to become dry
- some bonus to swimming
- can be spawed with
Swimwear: (swim briefs, trunks, bikini, tankini)
- no protection against cold
- becomes dry swiftly
- good bonus to swimming
- common at coastal areas, rare elsewhere
Swimsuits: (competitive)
- no protection against cold
- takes a short time to become dry
- very good bonus to swimming
- rare, almost exclusively at coastal areas

More varienty for existing clothes:
- Sleeveless Shirts/Tops (like T-Shirts with less protection)
- Short Pants (less protection and storage but often lighter)
- Leggins/Tights (pants without storage that can be torn into rags)
- Business Suits
- Sportswear
- Civilian Vests (Warning Vests etc.)

- fur/hide topwear

A better differentiation of topwear

by providing a shirt, a vest and a jacket slot or at least a shirt and a vest/jacket slot. Of course if you are wearing a jacket above your shirt accessing the shirts inventory would be much slower.

"Hip"-Slot:
Can be worn above pants but only one at a time. Skirts are mainly cosmetic and fairly common while belts are more rare but usually offer more practical value.

Skirts:
- protection slightly worse than pants of equal length
- low if any storage space
- some (especially longer versions) might be torn into rags or shortened/slitted (use bladed tools)
- longer versions might increase time to access items stored in trousers (not if slitted)
- some might hinder movement if not shortened/slitted

- can be made from fur/leather

Belts:
- no protection
- might come with some specific storage place (e.g. small melee weapons/tools only)
- attachable items (magazine pouches, pistol holster etc.)

"Neck"-Slot:
You can wear items around your neck for quick access or just for show. Most need some kind of strap.

Multi-slot Clothing:
There clothes occupy more than one slot but might come with increased utility or decreased weight to compensate for lower flexibility and (usually) less inventory space.

Overalls:
- uses T-Shirt and Pants slots
- high utility (working clothes, protective clothing)
- low utility (sleeping, sports, fashionable overalls)

Wetsuits/Dry suits
- uses T-Shirt and Pants slots
- no storage capacity
- allows for longer and more effective swimming
- Wetsuits provide protection against cold but not wetness (combine with swimwear)
- Dry suits provide protection against cold and wetness (only wearer and underwear)
- both become dry fairly quickly

Dresses:
- uses "Hip" and T-Shirt slots
- usually low utility and female only
- usually can be torn into rags
- might be able to be shortened/slitted
- usually lightweight

Ghillie Suits:
- uses Vest/Jacket and "Hip" slot
- highly camouflaged if built from the right material
- high protection against cold (but also heats you up quickly)
- flammable
- quite heavy

All clothes should fall into three main categories:

- military/working clothes (high utility, quite rare)

- civilian clothes (the kind people would usually wear in public, common)

- costumes (rare, just for fun)

In general I think there should be no or only very few "fanservice" clothes - the kind you are wearing mainly/exclusively for getting the attention of the opposite sex. Simply because 99% of the opposite sex is zombified  and you really don't want their attention at all. Also this kind of clothing is usually less than practical and thus uncommon even in real life. In the end clothes should not only provide plenty of cosmetic options but also some practical ones (e.g. long underwear allows for traveling light while still keeping warm but combined with other long clothes you might overheat or stay wet for a very long time).

• Like 1