Nex (DayZ)

Which vehicles would you want to see in DayZ?

Which vehicles (either ported and adapted to DayZ from either Arma 2 or 3 or models made from scratch) would you like to see available on DayZ?

I'll start:

Versions (Military/Civilian, Top or without,etc.) of the 1st gen, and only 1st gen, Kamaz trucks.

Kamaz%28Open%29.jpg

gallery_8_4_100552.jpg

kamaz_5320_2394339_orig.jpg

And a UAZ-452 minibus:

3554049950_839ff22b6a_o.jpg

Edited by Nex
  • Like 2

Firetruck.

Cop car with working siren.

Volkswagen Type 1 or similar.

• Like 1

A motorcycle with a side car would be great.

Edited by AsHawkins
  • Like 1

Im with AsHawkins!

Civilian vehicles with scrap metal and chainlink fence welded to the windows and such for pretection. Beat up looking transportation, weathered and damaged.

Very post apoc, and adds the bleakness of the situation.

Edited by Rudette
  • Like 2

pls rocket

A shuttle? I have no words for this post. I thought and thought for something respectful to say... And I have nothing..

"pls rocket"

Oh my god, a US flag on the shuttle, breaking immersion much.

Edited by kingrex

Im with AsHawkins!

Civilian vehicles with scrap metal and chainlink fence welded to the windows and such for pretection. Beat up looking transportation, weathered and damaged.

Very post apoc, and adds the bleakness of the situation.

Count me in for that one. To much military vehicles destroy the mood IMHO.

Here is a cross-post from my forum post: Heavy Metal Deathtraps of Tomorrow - 

• Armored Buses (Group transport, town to town - heavy on gas, but convenient for protection, and more.)
  • Off Road bikes (Quick on dirt and asphalt, vulnerability is high sitting on a bike, but point A to point B is quick, and light on gas. Lone Wolf Machine.)
  • Dune Buggies (3 seated vehicle, possibility of machine gun attachment. Mediate on gas, but steady on dirt, great for woodland crossing and steep climbs.)
  • Sedans (Armored or bare, great for transport of 4. Mediate on gas, nice trunk space. Great on asphalt, little traction on dirt at medium+ speeds.)
  • Trucks (Armored or bare, little or big, good for transport of 2-4, heavy on gas, but convenient for heavy items - Engines, Full bags, Offroad Bikes, etc.)
  • Choppers - Hogs - Street bikes (Armored or bare, great for transport of 2, light on gas, great on asphalt, no traction on dirt at medium+ speeds.)
  • Helicopters (Large or small, armored or bare, great for transport of 1-6, mediate on gas, fast from point A to point B, possibility of machine gun attachment. Convenient for heavy items.)

armadillo_armored_passenger_bus.jpg800px-HW1-white-armoured-1.jpg

Husaberg-FE390-Enduro-Carefully-Consider

dbuggy3.jpg

xmas_2012_004.jpg

pirhayati20110922183722077.jpg

dirty-love-profile-1.jpg114092.jpg

B4655_Mi-171_China_RussianHelicopters.jpgb2.jpg

• Like 1

Funeral hurse, ice cream truck, anything with sirens. A couple of really fast, really nice vehicles, with extremely rare (random) spawns. Some heavy vehicles that can plough through props and other garbage on the road, possibly also into (but not through) houses, causing them to collapse.

Not completely on topic, but I would love for people to be able to spray-paint a 'tag' (think L4D-style tagging, where you upload your own picture as the image file) onto their vehicles, located either on the doors, bonnet, or roof. 

While I absolutely love helicopters in the mod, I think they should stay there - bases are far too easy to find with them, and flying vehicles mean that eventually you're going to have a 90:10 ratio skewed toward underground bases if they're implemented, with little or nothing visible above the ground.

Edited by Wolfguarde

That's true wolf that's why I think ultralight aircraft would fit better, they fly slow and can't carry 20 people at once. I also think flying should be dangerous, like there is a chance of engine failure if the parts are not pristine or you run out of oil.

Pick-ups in which you can attach turrets on. Now im not saying make a call of duty but it would be nice being able to have "a little advantage" when you get ambush in your vehicle