Samuri_Bake_Pie

Why do we KoS?

Don't get me wrong, when I killed that guy at the well I felt terrible, and again a few kills later when I killed some 8 year old kid who started telling me he was new after I killed him. (He sounded 8) From my personal experience, I get killed when I don't either avoid people entirely, or kill them first. That is how I like to play. Sure I've spared a few people and  taken them with me, but 1/4 that I took with me and saved killed me when he had the chance. Sure it may be taking the easy way out, but It lets me live longer. Also, to clarify I don't go around server hopping at airfields killing people, it's just when I see people when I'm going around actually playing DayZ, not CoD.

• Like 1

There's nothing to do in alpha besides KoS, I can kill a few guys in Elektro and have the best gear in the game.

at the moment because i left my mic at home, and typing will get me killed. 

In real life you're never going to be struggling just to find food on a daily basis after have witnessed your entire family torn apart by zombies years before and everyone is killing each other .... if you did you would be killing people in cold blood without even thinking twice.

You have no way of knowing what anyone would do or wouldn't do in that situation. In fact no one does. You might go around killing people or you might piss and shit yourself while hiding in a corner. Any speculation about what you would do or not do is just empty talk.

• Like 1

You have no way of knowing what anyone would do or wouldn't do in that situation. In fact no one does. You might go around killing people or you might piss and shit yourself while hiding in a corner. Any speculation about what you would do or not do is just empty talk.

This is years after the infection spread if you were a person who would be pissing and shitting in a corner you would have been dead for years already.

And yeah people killing other people for food or even no reason at all in un-policed survival situations never happens at all ...

Edited by Weedz

at the end of the day you have a choice "la grand narrative" hero or bandit? all just depends on the individuals commitment,  wear the mask be an agent not of chaos but KOS! & then marvel at the pages and pages that try to "understand" it  The wise man fears the payday masks in Dayz.

Tell yourself what ever you need to if it helps you sleep at night

I guess you know this one: "Throw a stone in a herd of sheeps. The one that blokes is the one you've hit."

I hear you bloking, guess it hurts to realize the truth. But no worries, kid, one day you will grow up and be a woman. :p

I think the main reason for KoS is that there is very little reason not to. Here are the pros and cons of KoS:

Pros:

1) Much safer, a dead player can't shoot you.

2) You get their gear, well, what isn't ruined anyway.

3) Shooting people in game is fun, thats why FPS games are so popular.

4) You don't have to compete with them for loot in the area.

Cons:

1) You could have a chat. (though 9/10 people do their talking with bullets, so huge risk)

2) The other person might be able to help you, saline etc.. (only relevant if you need help).

So, the reasons for shooting someone greatly outweigh the reasons for not shooting them.

Unbelievable that people actually think they need to KOS everything to survive in this game or that it would have any significant place in an apocalypse.

I can hardly even stand anymore to read people's reasoning for KOS'ing people having been KOS'ed so many times while just trying to hunt murderers. It pains me to think that me looking ultra cautious and sneaky, taking my gun out in high traffic areas so i don't get blitzed without any chance of taking the "cautious fellow" (read: scared dumbass) with me - is equal to me deserving the death penalty.

Unbelievable that people actually think they need to KOS everything to survive in this game or that it would have any significant place in an apocalypse.

I can hardly even stand anymore to read people's reasoning for KOS'ing people having been KOS'ed so many times while just trying to hunt murderers. It pains me to think that me looking ultra cautious and sneaky, taking my gun out in high traffic areas so i don't get blitzed without any chance of taking the "cautious fellow" (read: scared dumbass) with me - is equal to me deserving the death penalty.

And how fun would the game be if no one ever shot at you?

And how fun would the game be if no one ever shot at you?

I want more PVP actually. The problem is that little of it aligns with reality, i want it to make more sense. Sure, tension and stress would be higher in an apocalypse, but people would be banding together where possible. Children and elderly survivors would need to be taken care of, groups would form around that need. When someone KOS'ed, they be potentially killing a father or sole caretaker children/adults. People are so shortsighted on these forums about what constitutes justifiable homicide, that I think they've begun to believe this game is super realistic playing as a KOS,er.

Edited by Thane

Truth is, KoS is easy.  It is easier to kill than it is to train your gun on someone while trying to keep situational awareness so you don't get shot in the back.  I will admit, trust is usually low among fellow survivors when they meet.  But I will say that observation can help you.  If you take the time, watch buildings, watch people move around towns, and watch for numbers, you can...oh, wait, KoS would still be easier.  Yeah, people do it because it is easier than having to communicate and sneak around.  

That being said, until more content is available, unless you want to go on Nature Hikes, there isn't a terribly large amount to do unless you want to go to the coast and give bread and fish to the freshies, and wash their feet before kissing them on the cheek and sending them on their way.  Which is just awful.  The truth is, I kill, but not on first sight.  I observe, from a tree branch, outside your bedroom window.  Oh, your wife/gf just ogt out of the shower.  That tattoo on her ass cheeks is hot!  I can see everything with an LRS in my left hand (I'm right handed)...

Anyways, No need to rehash old issues.  Might as well say that KoSers are as low as people that use 3PP to exploit the game, or that combat loggers are ruining my life and career.  These are just some of the other fights that can't be won.  

I will say that the excuse of "I KoS so I don't GET KoS'd" sounds like those great college relationships with those girls with daddy issues "I only cheated on you because I knew you were going to cheat on me."  The logic is implied, but never actually seen.  I did kos that bitch.

I don't udnerstand all this KoS talk. I haven't met a SINGLE person who has KOS'ed me. I think I have gotten killed twice by being shot in the back, once in a fair firefight, and once because I really needed to commit suicide, but never have I met and talked to a person who then has raised a gun on me and killed me. Never.

Because i want you to die.

and i you, but how to find you. Can you tattoo "ignorant dipshit" on your avatars head?

DISCLAIMER: POSTS FROM 3:15AM PST TILL WHO KNOWS HAVE TAKEN PLACE WHILE DRUNK.

Edited by Thane

My new policy is to kill all military,try and help all civilians.

Im your target then Jezza93, a civilian in a military uniform and someone who exclusively hunts murderers, up high in Cherno with a sniper rifle protecting other survivors or stalking slowly through Zelenogorsk. Zombie eye sight = human eye sight, therefore camo or blending clothes are good to use....plus, theres a lot of KOS'ers out there to hide from.

Edited by Thane
  • Like 1

I don't understand this. the way other try to interact with people. You mean people interact with people? All I saw was KoS after KoS and that's what I do now, as do the vast majority of people. 

The typical sheep. Follow.

Argue away peaceful noobs. 

Being peaceful doesn't make someone a noob

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior