Samuri_Bake_Pie

Why do we KoS?

It's simple. We don't want to die. I'll let you in on a little story of how I became a hated "KoSer" I had watched some youtubers play the mod, but never bought it until standalone came out. The very day it came out, I bought it and had a vague idea of what player interaction was like. I felt like I had enough information to play by myself and went out and looted up. Eventually I encountered my first zombie, and I felt like I could kill it. It hit me twice, but I got the pathing down pretty quickly and ran circles around it beating it to death after a minute or so of shovel hits. I didn't have bandages and remember seeing a tear into rags feature earlier from looting and took of my shirt and figured out how to bandage. By this time my screen was pretty grey and I got up, and was looking around some town for a water fountain. Eventually I found one with a player kneeling by it. I started typing cause I didn't know how to use voip, and he just turned around and beat me to death with his crowbar and then fists. I fell unconscious and googled how to become conscious again, which led me to a string of issues involving it and I decided to respawn. From that life on, no one I don't know comes near me alive. The very next life (2nd life mind you) I found some poor sap at a drinking fountain and noting he had an axe, I bashed his head in with my new shovel. In that moment,m I realized I had potentially saved my life by killing that poor sap. Now, here I am 300 hours later and I kill anyone that has a gun on sight, and anyone that comes too close to me with a melee weapon. If they don't see me and I'm too close, I will kill them. Simple as that. We KoS to survive. And that's what DayZ is about. Argue away peaceful noobs. 

• Like 3

The very day it came out, I bought it and had a vague idea of what player interaction was like. 

I'm sure you don't understand this if you're trying to imitate the way other try to interact with people

• Like 2

I'm sure you don't understand this if you're trying to imitate the way other try to interact with people

I don't understand this. the way other try to interact with people. You mean people interact with people? All I saw was KoS after KoS and that's what I do now, as do the vast majority of people. 

I don't understand this. the way other try to interact with people. You mean people interact with people? All I saw was KoS after KoS and that's what I do now, as do the vast majority of people. 

I missed an 's' on 'other'.

Yes, my point was that this game is about making your own choices and decisions about play-style.  You chose to imitate other peoples play style and fine but I just think you missed the point of this sandbox.  (Yes, I know most people KOS for many different reasons) 

• Like 2

People?! Sheeple....

I missed an 's' on 'other'.

Yes, my point was that this game is about making your own choices and decisions about play-style.  You chose to imitate other peoples play style and fine but I just think you missed the point of this sandbox.  (Yes, I know most people KOS for many different reasons) 

I see what you are saying now. I just don't want to die we all have our own way of playing. I know in real life I couldn't kill people in cold blood, but its a video game so I will if it lets me live longer. 

because i enjoy making carebears rage

This and only this. Making the kids who think this is supposed to be a hand-holding skipping down the road simulator stay up at night crying into their pillow gives me happy in pants.

• Like 1

I see what you are saying now. I just don't want to die we all have our own way of playing. I know in real life I couldn't kill people in cold blood, but its a video game so I will if it lets me live longer. 

Of course, and I totally understand that.  You are certainly not the only one, I'm sure we all have KOS'd someone I know I have.

My point was that you don't have to follow what everyone else does in this game.  It is a sandbox type game that allows you to make your own rules as to how you want to play.

edit: exhibit one: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/170113-my-new-play-style-and-rules-of-engagement/

Edited by ChiefMasterKush
  • Like 1

So...OP got butthurt once and now takes the easy way out. There are a hundred other threads like this.

• Like 1

In real life you're never going to be struggling just to find food on a daily basis after have witnessed your entire family torn apart by zombies years before and everyone is killing each other .... if you did you would be killing people in cold blood without even thinking twice.

Edited by Weedz

In real life you're never going to be struggling just to find food on a daily basis after have witnessed your entire family torn apart by zombies years before ....

Which is what makes this a Zombie Survival Game

We KoS to survive. And that's what DayZ is about. Argue away peaceful noobs.

Lame excuse to be an asshole. And no, this is not what DayZ is about but it is the way the game actually plays like. Actually there is no reason not to KoS except being a man and try the more risky way but for this you would need a pair of "you know what". Sadly those can't be found in loot spots.

Those KoS people always tend to make fun of "Carebears" but they completely fail that those Carebears actually are the braver people than the KoS'er. Actually, playing as KoS'er is for pussies, if you man up you may take the more dangerous route and play as Carebear. But this requires balls of steel and is not for everybody.

Mostly it's fear, someone shits the pants, adrenaline running away with them, next thing bullets are flying and corpses are everywhere being picked over by any survivours who live to tell the tale..  Thats why when I get a quiet moment I enjoy the cool refreshing taste of Pipsi, quench my thirst and takes my mind off the bedlam, available on most corpses..

• Like 2

It's simple. We don't want to die. I'll let you in on a little story of how I became a hated "KoSer" I had watched some youtubers play the mod, but never bought it until standalone came out. The very day it came out, I bought it and had a vague idea of what player interaction was like. I felt like I had enough information to play by myself and went out and looted up. Eventually I encountered my first zombie, and I felt like I could kill it. It hit me twice, but I got the pathing down pretty quickly and ran circles around it beating it to death after a minute or so of shovel hits. I didn't have bandages and remember seeing a tear into rags feature earlier from looting and took of my shirt and figured out how to bandage. By this time my screen was pretty grey and I got up, and was looking around some town for a water fountain. Eventually I found one with a player kneeling by it. I started typing cause I didn't know how to use voip, and he just turned around and beat me to death with his crowbar and then fists. I fell unconscious and googled how to become conscious again, which led me to a string of issues involving it and I decided to respawn. From that life on, no one I don't know comes near me alive. The very next life (2nd life mind you) I found some poor sap at a drinking fountain and noting he had an axe, I bashed his head in with my new shovel. In that moment,m I realized I had potentially saved my life by killing that poor sap. Now, here I am 300 hours later and I kill anyone that has a gun on sight, and anyone that comes too close to me with a melee weapon. If they don't see me and I'm too close, I will kill them. Simple as that. We KoS to survive. And that's what DayZ is about. Argue away peaceful noobs. 

So many quotables...I'll start with you sir.  "Peaceful noobs."  I almost spit out my drink...

This and only this. Making the kids who think this is supposed to be a hand-holding skipping down the road simulator stay up at night crying into their pillow gives me happy in pants.

I LOL'ed...

Mostly it's fear, someone shits the pants, adrenaline running away with them, next thing bullets are flying and corpses are everywhere being picked over by any survivours who live to tell the tale..  Thats why when I get a quiet moment I enjoy the cool refreshing taste of Pipsi, quench my thirst and takes my mind off the bedlam, available on most corpses..

I spit out me drink and LOL'ed

Not to sound like a prick, but this is the thousandth thread about this.

• Like 2

Just got shot up at Svetlo on experimental, had nearly completed my fireman and helicopter outfit so i was quite annoyed..all i needed was some green pants for the heli pilot and some reddish,yellow or orangey ones for the fireman. Anyway..i spied this dude running down the street, waited for him to go in a building then stood in full view in the middle of the town square..he comes out and looks at me, he has an SKS, i have a shottie and axe on my back, hands down. I give him a high five..we are like ten metres apart. I see him raise the gun so prepare to high tail it behind the monument in the square but no, this guy pops me.

Back at Sol i look for my next unique interaction.

I consider myself KoSer even though i don't KoS to what level most do (probably only got 30-50 KoS's under my belt), instead i watch and observe and then decide, i don't shoot everyone with a gun but after watching how they play and what they're doing if then i decide that they are a threat i'll take them out without saying a word to them or if i'm deciding they're friendly i get the jump on them let them know im friendly and they can have all the loots (it also lets them know that there are friendly players out there as well) and move on before they turn on me haha; not a single person i've got the jump on has turned on me though probably because i don't wait around to find out (everyone is friendly when you get the jump on them :P).

KoSing every gunned player imo is a little silly as it only contributes to the problem; you being a perfect example you didn't KoS until you got KoS'd but don't mistake me i love KoS, KoS is a great thing so carry on!

Lame excuse to be an asshole. And no, this is not what DayZ is about but it is the way the game actually plays like. Actually there is no reason not to KoS except being a man and try the more risky way but for this you would need a pair of "you know what". Sadly those can't be found in loot spots.

Those KoS people always tend to make fun of "Carebears" but they completely fail that those Carebears actually are the braver people than the KoS'er. Actually, playing as KoS'er is for pussies, if you man up you may take the more dangerous route and play as Carebear. But this requires balls of steel and is not for everybody.

Tell yourself what ever you need to if it helps you sleep at night

you mean the dumb masses ?

Indeed. If everyone else is KoSing, I'm not KoSing BECAUSE everyone else is exactly. I'm doing it so that they don't KoS me, and THAT is surviving. It's not peer pressure and I'm just Kosing to KoS, I want those who are complaining to understand that.

Indeed. If everyone else is KoSing, I'm not KoSing BECAUSE everyone else is exactly. I'm doing it so that they don't KoS me, and THAT is surviving. It's not peer pressure and I'm just Kosing to KoS, I want those who are complaining to understand that.

So you know there are other ways to survive.  Some people can't "live" with themselves if they kill people so they don't.