Sign in to follow this  
Grimey Rick

Will Preventing Server-Hopping Increase Kos?

The five minute penalty should come with a screen that tells you:

"THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU DID."

is great idea :thumbsup:  :D  :beans:

but server hopper don't have ability for think ;)

when i spawn, i want a weapon. i can have a weapon in 40 minutes (after a 30 min run from kammy)- i dont want to immerse myself in the game of survival and run around weaponless. why? because people are dicks and they will kill you sight. last type of game i want to play in my life is one gathering shit for 3 hours, all to die from someone with a weapon, and then they take the last 3 hours of hard work from me. so yea, i hopped. so f'in what. ill do it as long as im allowed.

That's what will happen in a survival zombie game centered around scarcity of resources. You might very well be playing the totally wrong game according to your own taste.

but back to the subject at hand- if its hard for me to find a weapon, is that going to increase KOS? for me, 1000%. if i need something and you have it, yes, im going to do whatever i can to get it and if i am weaponless, i have nothing to lose by trying. im not sure the developers think of that side of the equation- "if a player has nothing to lose"- that formula plays a big factor in game play. Who is going to take more risks- a geared player or one with nothing to lose?

1000%...

On SH'ing- to me, thats the most fun of the game. I usually do it at the NEAF- run from 1 jail, to ATC to hangars to last jail- its probably the most fun you can have- I might have a handgun- see someone, blast them- maybe get their stuff, hear more footsteps, etc...insanely fun. i hope that doesnt go away.

I hope devs never listen to you, you want CS with 'godmode'.

I rest my case.

The five minute penalty should come with a screen that tells you:

"THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU DID."

when the server detects hoping instead of a black screen you should see this:

05d_zps41c7ae40.jpg

• Like 3

I rest my case.

with this mentality:

"Number of characters killed: 0

Number of times intended to kill character: 0

Number of times KoS'ed: 3"

maybe the Sims 4 is a good game for you?

Its the zombie apocalypse and we're on the couch talking, sharing beans and laughing! What a fun day!

The-Sims-4.jpg

Not at all, it's just that I can actually live with the thought that someone else shot me to death and stole the gear I spend hours gathering.

Without crying like a baby...

• Like 1

Kill on sight does not exploit the game to get his ends. I guarantee you that getting killed by hoppers in the back from a building you just checked is way more infuriating than KoS. And anyway while the game gets harder KoS will go down IMO.

So this change is awesome.

This.  Not to mention in the next patch ruined items are useless and killing a player sets almost all of their items to Ruined.  So enjoy KOS when you can't use anything off of the player you killed.

• Like 3

I meet quite a lot of people who dont KOS, but many of them give me the impression if they had a gun or the chance to sneak up on me with an axe, theyd do it. 

Its the zombie apocalypse and we're on the couch talking, sharing beans and laughing! What a fun day!

Since when is server hopping in the same area for multiple loot, avoiding others and killing them from behind from an area they just checked before turning their back, any more hardcore?

You are circumventing the very essence of the game dude.

No server hopping + way less ammo guns = a less KOS mentality

To put it in Dean's words "If you have three bullets, will you really use one of them to kill someone if you have other ways of dealing with a situation'. (paraphrase)

No server hopping + way less ammo guns = a less KOS mentality

To put it in Dean's words "If you have three bullets, will you really use one of them to kill someone if you have other ways of dealing with a situation'. (paraphrase)

Rubbish. Almost every bambi I run in to tries to punch me in the face, you could take every bullet out of the game and people will kill each other with shovels and axes.

• Like 1

i think they should add "no logout" areas aswell.

logout should be something like pulling out your sleepingbag and rest, no one should be doing this in a frequently visited site like an military base.its just damn frustrating to get shot in the back by someone who just logged on behind you...

happend to me one or two times, scouted the ne airstrip, its dark. went it to grab loot and got shot in the back while leaving the building i just turned inside out...

i know the new patch will reduce this a lot but it can still happen.

I'm only concerned because of how hard it is to find people who don't KOS as it is. My prediction is post-patch it's just going to explode.

/cry

Not at all what would make you think that.

Thousands and thousands of people like myself would love to hold people up and not kill them, the problem is that because they can log out instantly with no signs that theyre doing it, its too hard to take a well equipped player hostage in case you lose him all together.

With this new timer we will know if someone is trying to log out and we can kill them but it means we can hold them up now without fear of them logging out so we do not have to shoot on sight to guarantee the kill.

It will reduce KOS massively simply because people cant get away if they get held up and if it is a close quarter battle.

I have never heard of anyone killing someone just for the equipment because when you are at that point in the game where you are hunting other players then you shoul really have what you need anyway.

My two cents.

Kos is already damn near 100% of the people i run into, how can it possibly increase??

I feel like this too. It's slowly dragged my mentality from; try to help, or at least be friendly, and let people pass, down to screw everyone, if I have a bullet they're going to meet one.

Edited by DoctorWhy

when the server detects hoping instead of a black screen you should see this:

05d_zps41c7ae40.jpg

Thanks I just spit my coffee out on my desk.

I needed this and I vote up, the game needs this too! 

People really need to stop putting KOS players and server hoppers / loggers in the same bucket.

KOS is not an exploit or a flaw in game design, however much you choose to cry about it.

• Like 4

This. Not to mention in the next patch ruined items are useless and killing a player sets almost all of their items to Ruined. So enjoy KOS when you can't use anything off of the player you killed.

When I KOS someone on the airfield or in a city, I don't do it to get their gear. If I get their gear it's a bonus, but the reason I do it is threat removal.

When guns become super scarce, and when I get one, I'm not going to want to lose it. If people are still going to bambi hunt and stories of people getting blasted nonstop continue, you better believe I'll KOS anyone with a gun. Why? So I don't have to worry about him shooting me in the back an hour later.

Not every KOS' er is a CoD kid looking for the thrill of PvP. Sometimes we do it to adapt and survive because of our constant experience of how others act on the servers we play. So far I've only had two instances of ambushing someone who had a gun, sticking them up and after talking to them let them go unharmed with their loot and didn't have them circle back and try to kill me.

yes it will.

also because we dont have bloody loot spawn timers...which go hand in hand with server hop timer...damn you rock-i-t

People really need to stop putting KOS players and server hoppers / loggers in the same bucket.

KOS is not an exploit or a flaw in game design, however much you choose to cry about it.

No but many KOS players unfairly server hop to get their gear up.

I guess people hope that if all players have to fairly loot, maybe the ease to KOS is reduced. 

I don't mind getting KOS if their doing it for a reason (get loot),

but many KOS will camp up with a long range mosin, and take out new spawners.

Which I can't understand why?

engage, force feed rotten food ,tied up, interact, communicate YES!

Just use a bit of imagination, not just kill. So many people don't even say anything, at least amuse me while u kill me!

When I KOS someone on the airfield or in a city, I don't do it to get their gear. If I get their gear it's a bonus, but the reason I do it is threat removal.

When guns become super scarce, and when I get one, I'm not going to want to lose it. If people are still going to bambi hunt and stories of people getting blasted nonstop continue, you better believe I'll KOS anyone with a gun. Why? So I don't have to worry about him shooting me in the back an hour later.

Not every KOS' er is a CoD kid looking for the thrill of PvP. Sometimes we do it to adapt and survive because of our constant experience of how others act on the servers we play. So far I've only had two instances of ambushing someone who had a gun, sticking them up and after talking to them let them go unharmed with their loot and didn't have them circle back and try to kill me.

See I'm different I love the tense interaction, of finding out if the player is dangerous or not. And having to trust them, incase they turn on you any min.

So I die, and loose 2-4h loot time. You have to get used loss in this game. Its the Player meet Player which is what makes this game different.

You might as well play on an empty server, grow some balls.

I don't KoS but you can have my beans.

So what happens when you are killed and you try to re-spawn and you cannot, so you have to leave server and re-join, will you have to wait out the time before being able to do this?  I can see a penalty if you are switching servers but going back into same one should be allowed right away.

Edited by snipe05

See I'm different I love the tense interaction, of finding out if the player is dangerous or not. And having to trust them, incase they turn on you any min.

So I die, and loose 2-4h loot time. You have to get used loss in this game. Its the Player meet Player which is what makes this game different.

You might as well play on an empty server, grow some balls.

"Grow some balls"? Wow, quite the emotional response over how I play a video game. Come talk to me again when you decide to talk like an adult.

I even mentioned I do have tense interactions, but I guess you got your panties in such a twist you stopped reading halfway to then insult me.

I don't like posting on game forums because so many people this stuff far too seriously and always resort to personal attacks and rage fits, it's crazy.

Given the hardcore hoppers will spend more time chasing loot...in 1 server... loot that other players carry... players that need to die... or volunteer to give them the stuff...

It will become more difficult for them, more intense for everyone, more fun and tense situations.

There is no problem with KoS. Real problem exists with hopping and combat logging.

Edited by Hethwill_Khan

Well maybe some loggers will not know about the delay in loggin out of server and that will get them killed anyways and lose all their stuff. KoS is part of game, ya it sucks but it happens.