Sign in to follow this  
Private Evans

The Coast Road

I am wondering if the coast road (highway) will get more love in future map updates. I want to see wrecked evac convoys, military checkpoints..and a lot more car wrecks and stuff all the way from Svet to Kamenka....with groups of zeds wandering on it  :) ...would go well with the amazing coast map updates like the swamps..

thoughts ?

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 12

This.

I'm a snobby film major so I'm all about establishment of setting and overall tone xD

This.

I'm a snobby film major so I'm all about establishment of setting and overall tone xD

The only big establishment I see is that plane crash building.

+beans

i love the new hospital in Svetlojarsk and the "piano buildings", cool athmosphere

Edited by okami

Yes im sure theyre will be a lot of stuff like this added later on like it was in the mod with different cars in the middle of the road.  Im sure this will come with time.  Just have to be patient.

The only big establishment I see is that plane crash building.

Yeah when I first saw that I was really excited to see what else was in the game

The only other one I've found is the ruined bus with the half buried bodies around it (which is totally creepy btw)

• Like 1

Ah just reading rockets interview seems there was only 1 map artist before and one part time one now it seems they have 3 more as they are working on some major changes..

Ah just reading rockets interview seems there was only 1 map artist before and one part time one now it seems they have 3 more as they are working on some major changes..

Yap credits to Senchi who did an awesome job so far only supported by Ivan Buchta ( as far as I know). But  with the new north which is nearly a third of the complete map, Utes and maybe another island ( for the prison?) they defenetely need more manpower to add all this needed little details and to improve some of the older parts like the coast road or Skalista island ( we need an old asylum on this btw !)

Edited by Private Evans

I am wondering if the coast road (highway) will get more love in future map updates. I want to see wrecked evac convoys, military checkpoints..and a lot more car wrecks and stuff all the way from Svet to Kamenka....with groups of zeds wandering on it  :) ...would go well with the amazing coast map updates like the swamps..

thoughts ?

Spooky to see some roads with rows of knackered cars pointing away from the town they were used to escape from

• Like 1

This is an excellent idea. I would love to see a kilometer long traffic jam of ruined and abandoned vehicles. I would also like to see more houses and towns in the far north. They've added a train station and some industrial buildings which is a step in the right direction but we need more. 

??

I'm curious as to why you specifically mentioned the coast highway, would it not be better to add more towns, etc. in the North to entice players to actually get away from the coast? While I agree it could use some more interesting set pieces, I think they should work on the large areas on the map that have roads, but no villages/towns.

coast road? everything is just off the coast. 3 major cities, now 4 actually...two airstrip and an island that sure will be updated one day. inland and up north sucks. NWAF is a fun, but unnecessary destination.

Way up north...looks like they'll be buffing, so in time, the map will become geographically balanced with cities and loot.

Micro details like props just aren't priority right now.

I'm curious as to why you specifically mentioned the coast highway, would it not be better to add more towns, etc. in the North to entice players to actually get away from the coast? While I agree it could use some more interesting set pieces, I think they should work on the large areas on the map that have roads, but no villages/towns.

if you travel the north of the map you will notice that the layout for a lot of new cities etc is already there. Beside that it was confirmed some time ago that there will be new structures and even entire new cities in the north. So no need to worry about that. The coast region has been revamped already ( swamps, Balota camp, stranded cargo ship, new city etc) but the main road of Chernarus leding from the very north to the south through all major towns and even the capital  is still very boring and empty....no sign of people trying to escape out of the cities..or check points  etc etc...

• Like 2

if you travel the north of the map you will notice that the layout for a lot of new cities etc is already there. Beside that it was confirmed some time ago that there will be new structures and even entire new cities in the north. So no need to worry about that. The coast region has been revamped already ( swamps, Balota camp, stranded cargo ship, new city etc) but the main road of Chernarus leding from the very north to the south through all major towns and even the capital  is still very boring and empty....no sign of people trying to escape out of the cities..or check points  etc etc...

Well put.

they have the blueprints to make this game visually awesome- i really hope they do.

crash sites, buildings about to collapse and/or do collapse if too many people in a bad floor, ruined cars/jets/, fallen buildings. maybe even big pile of burnt bodies (the charred smoke/ash effects your player)- so much potential.

I like the evac wrecks and smashed up cars and general "filling", but loads of roaving zombies might not be a good idea; new spawns have enough trouble in the cities and towns.

Also the northern highway has some really nice layouts for future cities. I generally hang out up there.

Edited by Hells High
  • Like 1

Couple days ago I was travelling in north and I find civilian airfield well not  passanger airfield just airfield also I finded big railway station with no reason to be there.

• Like 1

This would be fantastic!

Take the "chaos evidence" atmosphere of L4D2, with all its destruction and creepiness, and throw it on the Chernarus map!

Edited by sacrdandprofne

I like the evac wrecks and smashed up cars and general "filling", but loads of roaving zombies might not be a good idea; new spawns have enough trouble in the cities and towns.

Maybe counter that with a higher spawn rate for lower-grade melee weapons? Just for a quick jumpstart of defense.