The Batman

People Suck.

So. Let me paint the picture.

I know a guy but we run two separate groups of players (not exactly friends, more acquaintances). We joined his server when he was in a group of three, as a group of four. We tracked them down and engaged for what should've been a pretty fun firefight. We lost a man, then we killed one of them. They then combat logged. While we waited for our guy to come back, they ghosted us. One of the two remaining guys began sniping at us from a hill 300m away, whilst the other hid nearby. We then all died, bar one who managed to kill the sniper with a 1km flank but then died. Respawning, I was the only one that spawned near. All three of them were back in the area by this point, to which I sneaked up on them, looted the M4 off of my body and killed all three of them. They logged out, so we all got our gear back and despite winning, still felt cheated having died at all especially when this was a firefight between friends. What made it worse, is until we proved it, they denied it all.

Fast forward to today. It was mentioned to them that we were near the NEAF. Unfortunately, we hadn't seen this video from earlier in the day:

http://www.twitch.tv/mayinaze/c/3631909

This is him and his group.

My group (minus me) then got to the NEAF and went into the hangar you see in the video. Surprise surprise, he and his group were in the server. My group was then killed while inside the hangar from what was described as "point blank" but never saw anyone. It was then I found that video. When asked, he then stated that he was on the hill overlooking the hangars. Being the only one left and cba'ing to walk back to the coast, I recorded me looking for them on the hill and not finding them. I then stood in the middle of the open outside the hangar, but slightly defiladed from it so as not to be seen from inside it. Still they denied being under the hangar and saying that we were scrubs and got outplayed. So, I walked into the hangar and went right on top of where they are in the video and guess what happened? I got shot, at point blank range and killed instantly. He then bragged about killing all of us from his hill.

I then explained that I'd recorded the whole thing and that I knew it was bullshit and he confessed to being under there with the excuse "dat alpha though".

I mean come on? It's also worth mentioning he has complained about combat loggers before and how they suck. I really wish there was a way to report players like this because honestly they are currently 99% of what is wrong with the community. I've always believed in fair play and if it was a fair play that killed us, that's fine. But it wasn't and I hate being cheated.

Anyway, this thread mostly exists to warn those that do not know about the glitch in the video to avoid the NEAF until they fix this because you might fall victim to it too. I'll submit a bug report but don't want others unfairly losing their gear. Just wanted you to understand how much of a douche this guy is.

tl;dr People are douchebags, stay away from NEAF because ground shark people can ice you.

Edited by The Batman
  • Like 20

wtf did i just read

People are using a glitch where they are "under" the hangar (invisible), but are still able to shoot people through walls/floor. 

• Like 1

wtf did i just read

The English language. Learn it, embrace it, love it.

• Like 5

Plenty of douche bags around, dump 'em and move on :)

• Like 2

Totally agree and solid advice there friend. Just wanted people to be aware of this bug so as not to die unfairly.

Totally agree and solid advice there friend. Just wanted people to be aware of this bug so as not to die unfairly.

Any visual clues when people are doing this? 

Any visual clues when people are doing this?

None. As you can see in the video, the players have no idea they are there and in the video I have recorded, I cannot see them at all. The only clue I have to them being there is the shot at point blank range that kills me, which I can post if you like.

None. As you can see in the video, the players have no idea they are there and in the video I have recorded, I cannot see them at all. The only clue I have to them being there is the shot at point blank range that kills me, which I can post if you like.

No need, thanks man. 

Interesting... just an hour ago I was shot in an hangar, I've spotted the surroundings and wondered where the shots came from.

Only my pants... as weird as it sounds, got damaged from the shot... which means the shot most likely came from the ground.

Damn... those exploits are really getting on my nerves. 

Edited by YassirX
  • Like 2

Thank you for this sir, will stay away there from now.

Edited by deewd22

Interesting... just an hour ago I was shot in an hangar, I've spotted the surroundings and wondered where the shots came from.

Only my pants... as weird as it sounds, got damaged from the shot... which means the shot most likely came from the ground.

Tank you for this sir, will stay away there from now.

No worries, hopefully this gets fixed quickly as it's pretty gamebreaking.

Don't an hero hanger on us. 

Edited by Solopopo

Like he said, the world is full of douchebags and liars.  You just have to realize as soon as possible and remove those people.

Only time I can think of being shot through a wall or a floor might in the stairwell of the traffic control tower. I figured it was a hacker but it most likely would be this glitch in some form or ghosting. Take my beans please!

I found a bambi about 2 weeks ago and gave him my M4 because I found a Mosin. (I'd been traveling town to town with this guy from Berezino to Gorka). When I dropped him my 60 round clip he shot and killed me. Unlucky for him, there was a bandit right up the road who rightfully popped him but still - I gave him food, water and an M4 with ammo. Moral of the story: don't be a cockgobbler and don't trust ANYONE.

If you don't ever trust someone in this game who isn't a person you know irl then you are missing out on other aspects of the game. Instead of just KoSing and have a pretty dull story about the 5 second fire fights you have in game, maybe you should turn the other cheek, offer the stranger some beans, kill some zombies together then he stabs you in the back or maybe you stab him in the back because you're so paranoid. Try it sometime people.

Great, now 50 more douchbags that didn't know about that glitch will now use it.

I thought that shit had been fixed. It's been around since release.

• Like 3

It's a tough decision to come forward with this information for several reasons, however, this glitch is serious and needs to be corrected even before beta. It would probably have been better to post this in the bug tracker, and for all I know it has been, but warning us was noble nonetheless. Still Test_Subject_83 is correct in that things could and will get much worse before they get better. The glitch in itself is not surprising and many similar issues will be discovered before this game is ready for release.

I've dealt with similar situations in various games over the years and the best thing to do is learn the lesson and move on. For those of you considering using this exploit to grief players, think again, because I will make it my personal mission to find a position to riddle you dead and ruin your gear. I hope others will join me in policing those hangars until this gets fixed!

• Like 3

Btw, you can go to the back (outside) of the hanger on the east side and look under and see people there. I've killed several people trying to exploit this glitch.

• Like 2