Zjasuu

Clothes That Say: I'm The Good Guy.

I think if people would put there weapons away, before walking up to one another, it may help the trust issue. 

Let me explain what a an approachable person could be.

• Un-armed.
  • Un-masked.
  • Dressed comfortably. 
  • Says he is friendly. (keep an eye on everyone anyway.)
  • Big backpack. (probably has some extra supplies.)

Of course there are many more points, but these 5 here are what help me trust. But just because he is un-armed doesn't mean he isn't packing heat, I just mean it's not in his hands and he can't cap you in a second. 

It's a KoS world out there, and it's because people can't trust. Put your hands up, walk slowly, and ask for supplies, if a weapon is drawn.

GTFOut of there, and zig-zag to.

if youre a good guy don't wear a clown mask or helmet, if you do you're an idiot. there are many people in this game who will kill you on sight and who wouldn't have if you didn't wear it. there is lore in this game developed over years -  it's easy to find the attire of a hero, just there is no guarantee those you meet wearing it are actual  hero's - welcome to dayz..

Edited by Calibre

I might be friendly, but that outfit is a crime against humanity and I will KOS on sight. 

Seriously, lose those clown pants. 

awwww geee boyyz am juz oaf to sow ma field!

You have no taste.. i love this outfit! :)

• Like 1

OK my idea wasn't the best, but I'd like to know what you all think a friendly player looks like.

• Like 1

I was jogging along the villages north of Cherno the other day, wearing my all military camo clothing, ballistic helmet and gasmask, also packing an M4 with all attachments that matter, lowered but in my hands. I was just minding my own business, seeing if I could find a mosin for my pal when suddenly a dude with a motorcycle helmet and otherwise plain clothes came running around the corner of an appartment building. I saw him, he saw me; and he made a 90 degree turn and started sprinting for his life.

I guess clothes make the man?

• Like 1

OK my idea wasn't the best, but I'd like to know what you all think a friendly player looks like.

there's only one certainity, people in Bandit mask / biker helmets are either Bandits or idiots.. everything else is 50/50 figure it out yourself..

I think actions speak louder than words or appearance. 

People, who lower their weapon/fists or even carry their weapons on their shoulders, people keeping their distance is a good indication. But you can never know for sure, so even if you're approached in a non-threatening manner, you still have to watch out. I think that's the main reason, why friendly encounters in DayZ are so profound, because you have to place your trust in someone else's hands and despite that, there will always be a hint of paranoia in the back for your head.

Having said that, I like people using civilian clothing, because good taste and a little effort goes a long way at the end of the world.

Edited by Dallas

Military gear definitely has draw backs.  The survivor in me wants to be able to keep a low profile when I'm travelling, but like this other guy, I've had more people run up and say hello when I'm not kitted out.  The friendliest treatment I've ever gotten recently was when I was wearing a beanie, red checked shirt and a purple backpack.  Earlier today (same character) I got shot by a random sniper (though I survived) after upgrading to a brown hoodie and realtree pants. Granted I have an M4 now... which makes me wonder if an M4 is just a bandit-badge... 

I think its silly to think that bandits spend any length of time in these forums hunting down intelligence for what to wear to capture unsuspecting victims. The name of the game is that body language and appearance is going to be MOSTLY accurate.  Chance are if you encounter someone wearing bright clothes on the street two things are true, (1) they didn't put much thought into disappearing and (2) if they were any good [and wanted to kill you] you'd probably never even see them.  Almost every time I've been killed by a KoS asshole it was from somewhere I couldn't see.

My biggest problem, and maybe for a few others, will be putting away my realtree and ballistic helmet in favor of conspicuous, brightly colored 'friendly' garb. Invisibility is like a warm blanket in the wastelands...

Blue is a friendly colour. Red is aggressive. 

hmmm... interesting....

Bandit checklist        

[x] 1 jar of bambi blood

[x] beans for bait

[x] M4

[x] 5 mags of pure KoS-caliber rounds

[ ] friendly clothing (blue)

• Like 1

so what is the ultimate goal by doing this?

a.) to avoid kos?

b.) so people dont get killed by unfriendly players?

if i was a game developer on this game, i would laugh at your idea. laugh. big bellowed Jabba laughs.

so what is the ultimate goal by doing this?

a.) to avoid kos?

b.) so people dont get killed by unfriendly players?

if i was a game developer on this game, i would laugh at your idea. laugh. big bellowed Jabba laughs.

The goal is to give heros and bandits "some" type of equal gameplay chance.

Right now bandit KOS is super easy mode.  See someone, kill them, repeat.

Heros have to do all the stupid stuff.......watch a player for an hour......wear bright clothes........NOT have a weapon out (really???).......wave your flashlight around......try to give random people a weapon only to have them try to kill you in return with the weapon you gave them.  Seems pretty KOS Bandit favored right??

BTW whoever posted that picture made me laugh my ass off.  I want to be a hero but I would DEFINITELY take the humanity hit and murder your mess of a character.  Not take anything, just hide the body so humanity could forget what a disaster you are.

that's your opinion m8, there are plenty of genuine hero's in game who rock the hero outfit. Is it easy? no.  All there is, is uncertainty it's all 50/50 and that ain't going to change.. deal with it..

And the bandits would start using that skin to KOS players instantly.

Wouldn't work.  It's not humanity based.  Anyone can wear it.

If you want to see what would fix it, see my signature below.

I like your idea from your sig post, I really do, but I think the final problem with the humanity system at all is that bandits, due to the general player mentality, will simply say something to the effect of "a hacker gave it to me." And unless the game is SO secure that nothing could ever, ever have done this, it could really happen to someone.

I think the only thing that would work is a humanity system like the mod, but sort of hidden, the only thing it did was determine if you were allowed to use the friendly marker. but that would be overly elaborate i think.

Suit makes the man and man makes the suit.

My answer? Check shirts, jeans, leather shoes and a hats/caps. Face un-covered and sense of style.

Edited by Ansssi
  • Like 1

Orange raincoats ! :D

Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaa no.

Orange raincoats say "IM OVER HERE! SHOT HERE IF YOU A BANDIT, BORED PLAYER, I SURPRISED YOU, ETC.!"  "NO, NO, IM OVER HERE, YA, I CHANGED POSITIONS, SHOOT HERE FROM NOW ON, TILL I MOVE AGAIN!!"  "BUT DON'T WORRY, IF I MOVE AGAIN ILL UPDATE YOU WITH MY EYE BLINDING ORANGE RAINCOAT...!"

Edited by Thane

First and foremost, actions should determine the response, not only clothing. KoS (the player) already gave good suggestions.

I still believe certain clothing would not be used by bandits ... err ... KOSers much.

Why? Simple. You stand out with certain clothing. Disadvantage if you plan on shooting everything for no f'in reason or because you are too attached to your gear. (Blue) Berets = no significant head protection compared to helmet.

On the other hand, not everyone wearing full military gear is a bandit by default. And likewise, people that might seem nice could be bandits / KOSers that are just gearing up and didn't find anything better yet.

Hard to tell! In the end, body language and more count!

• Like 1

Standard TTSKO camo kit from the waist up, but no pants.

You can always trust a pants less man with a bag full of meds.