Sign in to follow this  
Rrezz

You think military spawns are bad now?

Just wait until Bows and arrows are out.

[–]rocket2guns 85 points 1 day ago

Once improvised weapons, bow and arrow, throwing items is in - we will dramatically turn down military style weapons spawn rate. They will be incredibly rare.

• Like 6

Yeah cant wait atm theres no use for weapons cause axes are OP and bandages are plenty

bandages wont save you from M4 fire though sadly.

• Like 2

Finally, the real purpose of rotten fruit is revealed.

Question: How many rotten bananas do you have to throw at a zombie to kill it?

• Like 2

Finally, the real purpose of rotten fruit is revealed.

Question: How many rotten bananas do you have to throw at a zombie to kill it?

I guess they would be more of a distraction, Being mushy and all.

But they shouldn't be "that rare". If you go on a military base, you will find military grade weapons... The fact is, having these places spawn military grade weapons creates zones of interest, thus, PvP. But whatever, I find having some access to weapons makes the game more interesting, I like scavenging places and have to always be on the edge of my seat, but I know if I pull through I will find something to defend myself with. I guess there's some hardcore survivor fans out there, but it's a game, and remove the ability to defend yourself from the bandits out there, it will cause a whole bunch of frustration. That's how I see things.

• Like 1

are you saying I will have a hard time finding all the mini guns I have been using?

But they shouldn't be "that rare". If you go on a military base, you will find military grade weapons... The fact is, having these places spawn military grade weapons creates zones of interest, thus, PvP. But whatever, I find having some access to weapons makes the game more interesting, I like scavenging places and have to always be on the edge of my seat, but I know if I pull through I will find something to defend myself with. I guess there's some hardcore survivor fans out there, but it's a game, and remove the ability to defend yourself from the bandits out there, it will cause a whole bunch of frustration. That's how I see things.

And the military wouldn't have grabbed up the majority of their stock and rushed out the doors when shit hit the fan, right? ;P

I think people get a false sense of fear right now, because there are so few weapons at this stage. They think "oh god military grade weapons will become rare?! But there's only 2 that aren't!"

i want to stick a rotten banana onto the tip of an arrow and shoot it into someones suckhole!

Okay lots of things wrong with your argument here. First of all, military bases and police stations are the first place anyone would go in this situation. Those places would have been picked pretty clean before you arrive. We don't know what kind of time frame the events of this game are taking place in - but since there are no NPC's aside from zombies, I think it's safe to say this is well after the initial outbreak. Secondly, and more importantly, is that "removing the ability to defend yourself" is a two way argument. By toning down guns they are decreasing the potential for both defense and offense. You don't have to "defend yourself" if the person you encounter doesn't have a weapon to attack you with, now do you? Duh. And thirdly, you act like they're removing weapons from the game entirely. They aren't. You still have means of defending yourself - even more, infact, because you can make improvisational weapons. It opens up far more possibilities than simple CoD style deathmatch. This is what the game needs.

Edited by SalamanderAnder
  • Like 2

I am on the fence with this. I think it could go either way and still be good:

1) Military bases should be stocked full of tactical equipment, weapons and ammunition. It's less realistic, but this would cause players to use the airstrips and military camps as PvP zones. This would keep the game interesting from a PvP perspective, and since this game is more than likely going to follow in its predecessor's footsteps, I'd say that's a good thing.

2) Military bases should be picked through as if countless other survivors were there even before we hit the coast. They should offer the odd overlooked goodies to the thoroughly searching player, however, nothing overwhelming. This would keep the game interesting from a realism/PvE perspective as not as many people would be drawn to them. Also, players who choose to avoid the airstrips (for whatever reason) wouldn't be at too big a disadvantage from the players that visit.

I'm literally all torn up inside. I don't know which way I'd like to see the game go! :T

EDIT: Weird smiley strikes again!

Edited by Grimey Rick

I am on the fence with this. I think it could go either way and still be good:

1) Military bases should be stocked full of tactical equipment, weapons and ammunition. It's less realistic, but this would cause players to use the airstrips and military camps as PvP zones. This would keep the game interesting from a PvP perspective, and since this game is more than likely going to follow in its predecessor's footsteps, I'd say that's a good thing.

2) Military bases should be picked through as if countless other survivors were there even before we hit the coast. They should offer the odd overlooked goodies to the thoroughly searching player, however, nothing overwhelming. This would keep the game interesting from a realism/PvE perspective as not as many people would be drawn to them. Also, players who choose to avoid the airstrips (for whatever reason) wouldn't be at too big a disadvantage from the players that visit.

I'm literally all torn up inside. I don't know which way I'd like to see the game go! :T

EDIT: Weird smiley strikes again!

It's not one way or the other, dude. You can still PvP with other types of weapons. Melee combat is going to become more important. It doesn't change anything. People will still kill each other regardless - they'll just have to change their tactics about it. You might as well argue that Chivalry isn't a PvP game because it doesn't have m16s and ak47s, lol.

It's not one way or the other, dude. You can still PvP with other types of weapons. Melee combat is going to become more important. It doesn't change anything. People will still kill each other regardless - they'll just have to change their tactics about it. You might as well argue that Chivalry isn't a PvP game because it doesn't have m16s and ak47s, lol.

Melee will NEVER have the advantage that a ranged weapon will have though. To be honest the only way its going to balance is if a large character wipe on everyone hording gear and weapons gets done to balance out the weapon mismatching and overpoweredness some of the guns bring. Because even though some characters are getting wiped consistently there are others that have been able to keep there stuff since start if they play smart.

KoS solved. At least far more interesting than hearing a bullet snap and getting a black screen. Just imagine tons of rotten foot and empty cans flying around you  :D

One of the scenarios I presented was keeping the military bases stocked with gear. This would generate interest within the gaming community to head to said military bases for said gear. This would, in turn, create PvP in larger forms than just the random occurrence in one of the cities when two people happen to run across one another upon entering/exiting the same building.

I just haven't decided for myself whether or not having static PvP areas would be beneficial or detrimental to the game.

#deepthoughts

One of the scenarios I presented was keeping the military bases stocked with gear. This would generate interest within the gaming community to head to said military bases for said gear. This would, in turn, create PvP in larger forms than just the random occurrence in one of the cities when two people happen to run across one another upon entering/exiting the same building.

I just haven't decided for myself whether or not having static PvP areas would be beneficial or detrimental to the game.

#deepthoughts

It will get boring without military weapons, gear and attachments trust me.

Melee will NEVER have the advantage that a ranged weapon will have though. To be honest the only way its going to balance is if a large character wipe on everyone hording gear and weapons gets done to balance out the weapon mismatching and overpoweredness some of the guns bring. Because even though some characters are getting wiped consistently there are others that have been able to keep there stuff since start if they play smart.

That's... That's the whole point. And even then melee is just one example. There's going to be projectile weapons like bows, cross bows, improvised firearms, ect. Also they've already confirmed things like improvised explosive devices. The point is to bring a wider diversity of weapons so it's not just gun play all the time. It doesn't have to be that way. If finding a gun and ammo for it is a rare achievement, then people are going to be far less inclined to waste their ammo and risk their lives doing things like attacking fresh spawns. It's about balance and diversity of gameplay. Guns aren't the only weapons in the world.

It will get boring without military weapons, gear and attachments trust me.

CoD is that way >>>>>>>>>

Besides, they aren't even removing those things. They're just making that stuff rarer. There's more to this game than "1337 military gear and acog scopes." It's supposed to be a survival game, not a superficial gun collector simulation.
Edited by SalamanderAnder
  • Like 2

Okay lots of things wrong with your argument here. First of all, military bases and police stations are the first place anyone would go in this situation. Those places would have been picked pretty clean before you arrive. We don't know what kind of time frame the events of this game are taking place in - but since there are no NPC's aside from zombies, I think it's safe to say this is well after the initial outbreak. Secondly, and more importantly, is that "removing the ability to defend yourself" is a two way argument. By toning down guns they are decreasing the potential for both defense and offense. You don't have to "defend yourself" if the person you encounter doesn't have a weapon to attack you with, now do you? Duh. And thirdly, you act like they're removing weapons from the game entirely. They aren't. You still have means of defending yourself - even more, infact, because you can make improvisational weapons. It opens up far more possibilities than simple CoD style deathmatch. This is what the game needs.

'improvisational'

Congrats on making up a word.

That's... That's the whole point. And even then melee is just one example. There's going to be projectile weapons like bows, cross bows, improvised firearms, ect. Also they've already confirmed things like improvised explosive devices. The point is to bring a wider diversity of weapons so it's not just gun play all the time. It doesn't have to be that way. If finding a gun and ammo for it is a rare achievement, then people are going to be far less inclined to waste their ammo and risk their lives doing things like attacking fresh spawns. It's about balance and diversity of gameplay. Guns aren't the only weapons in the world.

I honestly do think allot of the ppl that play this are around 12 years old though. Seriously its so damn frustrating farming for hours finding things that may be hard to get and being careful just to get KOSed by some lucky bastard with an M4. I even tried some interaction and  was met with shots rather than trying to start any kind of human interaction.

• Like 1