Sign in to follow this  
africanhungergames

How to get a long range scope now that tent spawns have been removed??

A couple people have mentioned checking the ship at Rify. I can confirm that I have found 2 there recently. One badly damaged and useless. The other pristine (ironically when I didn't even have a Mosin). I think a lot of the loot situation right now involves luck and is always subject to change. Happy hunting!

I honestly don't think you two know what you're talking about.

wrong - if youre that dense then please refer to the dayz.db map where it clearly tells you what can be found in what buildings. you WILL find the long range scope listed in some of those buildings that you say dont spawn them

wrong - if youre that dense then please refer to the dayz.db map where it clearly tells you what can be found in what buildings. you WILL find the long range scope listed in some of those buildings that you say dont spawn them

Right but as i have said i have played for 200 hours and i have never found one in ANY of those locations so i dont care if there is a 0000000.0001% chance of it spawning in some random building. If i want a scope for my sniper there should be a very dangerous and very risky place i should be able to go to. I WONDER WHAT KIND OF PLACE THAT COULD BE. I don't want to have to search 1,000 random houses. If i had to do that it means with my limited play time in a day i would probably be waiting weeks to get a functioning sniper rifle.

Are we on the same page now.

they arent in houses, they ARE in a "very dangerous and very risky place" you should be able to go to. airfields on a 40/40 server arent exactly something for the week-hearted player. until devs resolve the loot respawn concept of the game it will remain a "first come first serve" basis on obtaining high valued loot. stick to a server, play on it until it restarts and book it to an airfield the moment it does. honestly ive only got 159 hours in standalone and even without looking in tents ive found more long range scopes than i knew what to do with. every person i play with has their own as well. hangars will more than likely be your best bet.

if youve been playing the game for as long as you have & looking in all of those places you claim to have.... youre either looking after theyve been picked through or have the worst luck imaginable. - id recommend trying to play on a very low population server for the time being until youre able to come across one so it will only increase your odds of getting one.

after obtaining one you will probably value it to the point of doing ANYTHING to stay alive. for that reason i hope they will always remain one of if not the most difficult item to find in dayz.

I've just found a Long Range Scope in one of the hangars at the NEAF, which means they are defiantly still in the game.

I have looted one in a hangar once (NWAF), other than that it was only in the tents.

Edited by Nanoha

anyplace that spawns weapon attachment loot can spawn a long range scope. Loot is categorized in only a few categories and those are applied to loot spawns. The likelyhood of that item spawning may be different in civilian places vs military places, but itcan still spawn there. My first long range was found in that civilian house with all the shelves in the back room. They can be found there, but its much MUCH more likely to have the more common loot. Need a better idea of loot spawns? check out the DayZ map by searching 'DayZ standalone map" it has spawn locations for everything, everywhere.

I found a worn one in hardcore that i'll trade for a pristine ACOG + Pristine weapon torch + 3 pristine batteries.. T & C apply..