WastedHP®

Well this is cute..........

Spend 30$ on a game, play the game love it and enjoy it very much.

Then you take away the day time... yup requesting money back from steam. 

• Like 5

I'm in the same boat as you, but I'm going to wait a week to see if they get 24/7 day servers back up and running

• Like 2

Really?

If you can't handle night time, then it isn't the game for you.

• Like 38

The point of playing DayZ at the alpha stage is to supply feedback to issues such as this one. That's where the bug report system can come to play in which you can find here: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/my_view_page.php

Where new patches come in, new bugs may appear as well. It's a common issue with game developing.

• Like 2

> "Love and enjoy very much" a harsh post apocalyptic survival MMO.

> Afraid of the dark.

Makes sense.

• Like 25

Really?

my computer can't handle night, despite doing well during the day. The game just crashes

Even if they fix whatever is crashing my computer, I have no interest in spending most of my time in dayz playing at night -- occasionally wouldn't be bad, but not all the time.

Edited by noblue

Just give them a day or so and they'll fix it.. 

..geez, so much whining...

If we're going for full realism, then why not just make it so that when you die, the game uninstalls and you can never play it again? See how preposterous the "realism" argument is? Besides, humans aren't nocturnal and if it was as dark outside as it is in game, you wouldn't be wandering the countryside thanks to your gamma exploit. You'd be sleeping or at least hunkered down somewhere until it was light enough to see. 

Edited by worst2first
  • Like 10

I don't see why everyone's giving this person such a hard time when Wasted is just being honest. Everyone has their different views and things that appeal to them just like how we either like playing during the day or during the night. Might bother some of you for someone to have a different view but in the end, it comes to where we understand that we're not all the same.

• Like 3

Really?

I can handle night time. I can't handle the fact it will always be night from now on when I play, unless I spend 30 minutes refreshing over and over on the offbeat chance I can get in one of the 4 servers that isn't GMT. 

• Like 3

I dont think they took away the night... It just looks like once the servers got back up, they defaulted to standard cycle on a GMT time zone, so us here in the NA are looking at a bunch of servers that are at 3am currently. Not a big deal, wait a couple of hours and the sun will come up. Hopefully in the next week or so, server hosters will balance server time zones, but honestly the 24/7 day servers should stay away

• Like 6

I dont think they took away the night... It just looks like once the servers got back up, they defaulted to standard cycle on a GMT time zone, so us here in the NA are looking at a bunch of servers that are at 3am currently. Not a big deal, wait a couple of hours and the sun will come up. Hopefully in the next week or so, server hosters will balance server time zones, but honestly the 24/7 day servers should stay away

Why can't we have both? Let some people play the way there 30 dollars went towards to. 

• Like 1

You paid for an unfinished product in it's aplha stage. You're here knowing this and should have known this before you bought the game. You know you can go to daytime servers? Why am I trying to help this helpless guy anyway...  :|

• Like 3

If we're going for full realism, then why not just make it so that when you die, the game uninstalls and you can never play it again? See how preposterous the "realism" argument is? Besides, humans aren't nocturnal and if it was as dark outside as it is in game, you wouldn't be wandering the countryside thanks to your gamma exploit. You'd be sleeping or at least hunkered down somewhere until it was light enough to see. 

Would you hunker down at night?? maybe you would maybe you wouldnt what if you found zombies didnt see very well at night so it was easier to travel at night?? Generally your right people arent nocturnal but due to real life some are eg night shift workers lol .

Half or close to it is set during the night ( i would actually prefer a shorter day night cycle lol but thats another topic)

People may give the OP a hard time because he has found something he doesnt like and straight out he wants his money back pretty childish behaviour when you have signed on to play test an alpha game.

• Like 2

I just got off a server where for the past hour I met 2 friendly ass dudes who I rolled with for a bit....got knocked unconscious by some screaming kid, met back up with 2 dudes, got scared shitless by random spawns in the street and in houses, got separated and chased by an axe wielding fuck, made it to Elektro and ran into about 6 or 7 friendlies, and got my ass knocked out again by some weird fuckin guy.

He ended up getting shoveled by one of the others. It was dark and hard to navigate and I lost my way more than once, but it was fun as shit.

You should try it bud.

• Like 2

Why can't we have both? Let some people play the way there 30 dollars went towards to. 

Hi.

I must have missed the part of the sales pitch that said the game would be daylight 24/7 :huh:

Still, don't panic, although I detest them, I'm sure there will be 24/7 daylight servers again.

Regards.

Hi.

I must have missed the part of the sales pitch that said the game would be daylight 24/7 :huh:

Still, don't panic, although I detest them, I'm sure there will be 24/7 daylight servers again.

Regards.

I missed the part that stated a majority of NA would only be able to play at night >.>

Fingers crossed then, I hope so as well. 

• Like 2

Use a torch

@ romeo I think I am one of the few who Knows who your avatar is :)

Edited by BL1P
  • Like 1

I wouldn't mind night if game time wasn't the same as real time, and I actually got to see transitions between night/day.  Why can't a full 24 hours in-game be like 4-5 hours real time?  I have this thing called a job that requires me to work during the day, so if I join low ping servers near me when I'm home it's always night, unless I join a 40/40 24/7 day server.

Also, why is there sometimes no moon?  Is that something that is controlled by server admins?  It's just stupid dark without a moon even with gama, brightness, and HDR turned up...

• Like 2

Really?

If they can't handle using the filter function, the game isn't for them.  

Day servers are running fine.

@wingman

Arma is celestially correct hence the moons cycles.

So what ever date the mission is set at will have correct moon cycle.

Edited by BL1P

Well the way i look at it, you should have a option for how ever you wish to play. Servers should have a option to have it 24/7 day or night, They pay for the game and then pay for the servers on top of that. They should be able to do what they wish with their server, IE day, night, RP, private, public... If you pay 120$ a month for a server and cant control the server how you wish and they take away the 24/7 day option( if that is true )will hurt this game honestly. There are a lot of people that rather play in the daytime due to more than just one reason. It will certainly hurt sales on both sides and I'm sure will have the affect on a lot of players in the game and server owners breaching contract due to the fact to be unable to personalize their server. Also players will  quit or ask for their money back from steam, Just my opinion, Also had a question of my own.... is there a option to see what server you have a profile on???? I know your gear doesn't go from one server to another but honestly i didn't see a marker for profiles on each server? this will be rather difficult to find your profile

Edited by Lavaspray
  • Like 1

By far the most immature thread i've seen in a while. Well Done! Quite an honor! :thumbsup: