Sign in to follow this  
Blades421

After Patch, Problems.

hey guys I just logged on after the update was going on today, and when I returned my gear was completely different and I was very far away from where I logged out. Did we have a roll back or something??? because I swear this is the set up I had last week and lost when I died...

and now I switched server and started as a fresh spawn wtf is going on here...

Edited by Blades421
  • Like 1

Same here, I had an M4A1, Hunter backpack, ballistic helmet etc.. and I was up north, just east of the NWAF.

After patch I log in and find I have been rolled back to a previous self with my Mosin, camo jacket and small backpack I had over a week ago! lolz!

it seems to be we are server bound, to stop server hoping for loot, I think they have it as a fresh character for every server now :(

witch is very lame....they will need to have a main server option or something so we are not hunting down our main character and server.

• Like 1

oh I could be wrong I just switched servers again, and my character followed me over so idk wtf is happening haha.

I also had very strange character magic going on today.

I started dayz, pressed play, but because my regular server wasn't available, I had to select one from the list. I started at the coast as a fresh spawn...
Well, I switched on my flashlight (as it was night) and started searching for loot. Everything was empty, so after a while, say 15 mins, I chose to select a different server.

There, I spawned at the coast again, but this time without a flashlight...

Ok, something fishy going on :/

Because night without a flashlight isn't really pleasant, I chose to switch server again.

This time I spawned as an old version of my current character :O in a place I once logged out of.

I don't know what's going on, and why, but it appears that several states of my character are still stored.

Let's hope devs read this (or find out themselves, probably) and find a fix soon, and maybe even preserve our (newest*) characters doing so.   :thumbsup:  ^_^  :beans:

*newest as in: before the bug

• Like 1

The same. I had a worse problem though, a pet invisible zombie who followed me all over the map.  When I stopped for water she killed me.  My friend on the same server had a similar pet.

Same issue here .....

QFT.

Edited by Ori42

well I hope they notice it soon! its harsh to gear up then log in later and be a fresh spawn again without dying.

• Like 1

it seems to be we are server bound, to stop server hoping for loot, I think they have it as a fresh character for every server now :(

witch is very lame....they will need to have a main server option or something so we are not hunting down our main character and server.

Say what????? I can't believe it, I wont log on till some fix is applyed.

Game is broken!

In before Alpha brah

It is still broken

I still have all my stuff. At first the character didnt show up but when i logged in all his gear and stuff was there. Iv even managed to find a new mosin attachment and a few of the new spray paints. Black and green so fare. But i noticed the gun flashlight dosnt work when attached. The new one for the pistol that is.

Wait, so there was a database rollback?

Holy hell, I might have finally NOT have gotten the short end of the stick. 

I logged in this morning for like 5 minutes and took a round to the face. It would be nice to still have my gear... if not that's okay too, but yeah ;)

also please keep in mind hardcore-/regularservers are on different hives, wich means u have different chars on hardcore-/regularmode.

my char was also wiped back like 4-5 days, first i thought, haha they put my soul into another player until i realized, ohhh it's the gear from last monday.

I'm just gonna role play like my character had a dream of the last couple of days and woke up...

I dreamed I had a pristine long range scope...

Yeah I have week old character too, doesn't matter because it is the SAME character, only with more ammo and food :)

Also I spawned in location I remember being a week ago ( was going to meet my bro )

Remember that Hardcore is in differend Hive and private hives are introduced ( I think )

Perhaps I was on regular, but I usually play on hardcore servers, so I mixed it up. 'sigh, I lost 20 min. ))

Yeah, this is patently absurd.  How can I play with my friends?  Does that mean all my friends have to play on the same server?  Full, 40-man servers are unstable as it is.

• Like 1

I still have all my stuff. At first the character didnt show up but when i logged in all his gear and stuff was there. Iv even managed to find a new mosin attachment and a few of the new spray paints. Black and green so fare. But i noticed the gun flashlight dosnt work when attached. The new one for the pistol that is.

Odd, the pistol flashlight worked for me in damaged condition.  However the moment I log out of hardcore servers, my character resets.  This is not the case in some regular servers.

For those of you saying "oh it's still in alpha" yeah, we get it. Doesn't mean it's still not annoying as all hell.

• Like 1

For those of you saying "oh it's still in alpha" yeah, we get it. Doesn't mean it's still not annoying as all hell.

As someone that has stuck around against his better judgment since the mod, I can tell you that:

A) Saying that the next update or the next version will be better is fundamentally begging the question;

B ) The standalone has the exact same problems as the mod did, despite the fact that Rocket got huge sums of money thrown at him, along with a team from Bohemia and a year's delay.

Unless we see real progress in this, the project will fail.

Edited by galdis
  • Like 1

Question : What's the point of the public hive if we cant transfer servers?

Edited by QuickBen

People you can't truly believe starting as a fresh spawn each server is intended? Just having some issues connecting to the main hive I guess, I myself am getting some sleep and see if the dev's fixed character issues tomorrow.

I've experienced when something like this happens (previous patches/DDoS attacks) the best way to save your character from getting reset is not playing untill issues get resolved. I played trough the (presumed) DDoS attacks and my new character got synced in the database. While a friend logged out right before the lag attacks and invisible zombies (we just got back from NWAF), logged in a few days later and his character was returned while I was stuck with the Bambi who endured the constant lags and zombie noises :(.

it seems to be getting better for me as the night goes on, most servers remember my character (the rolled back one) so I am able to progress again. But the odd server will send me back to the coast as a fresh spawn.