gamer222

Rocket answers to everyone who complains about 3D view

If the maximum FOV in the settings is really only 90, it shouldn't be a problem to extent that view somewhat. Going 360 degree FOV as the 3PP provides is just an absurd response to that issue.

But playing in 1st person is a serve handicap for playing a survival since you are limited to 90 degrees. It makes ambushing people pretty easy with camo and grass. I've seen and done it too many times. There is really no way I know up to extend the first person view beyond 90 degrees unless curved monitors are made, you dual monitor and the game designers take advantage of dual monitoring. It's why a lot of people will go 3rd person because you actually have that FoV you need in 1st person. Not saying  I agree with using it see around corners and what not but its my reason for using it.

Anyone seen new Frankie video? When he stands on open field and 5 guys didn't see him? So much talk about exploit, there is no such a thing when everyone can use it.....

Anyone seen new Frankie video? When he stands on open field and 5 guys didn't see him? So much talk about exploit, there is no such a thing when everyone can use it.....

Exactly, and thats why its AWSOME they are dividing it into regular/hardcore.

Everybody has the same "tools" now, so everybody has the same dis- & advantage now :)

Im truly loving this move.

when will he learn you can't please everyone i like 3rd person sorry i'm not a so-called purist. i don't use it to get an advantage i just like 3rd person games.and for some of you to say after he gives you your own damn hive. they need to do away with it outright (said in an immature half lobotomized voice) . your trolls or the people who complain about a perfect summer breeze on a hot day or about free beer because its not the hipster brand you pay 10 dollars more for. go back under your bridge troll no one wants to answer your riddles.

• Like 1

So if they left something gamey like 3rd person in a "hardcore realistic survival simulator" to appeal to mainstream then will we get our no-permadeath servers like some people want? I honestly wouldn't mind playing on one.

So if they left something gamey like 3rd person in a "hardcore realistic survival simulator" to appeal to mainstream then will we get our no-permadeath servers like some people want? I honestly wouldn't mind playing on one.

Dont derail the topic mate, go to the proper thread and dicuss it :)

Nope

Short term solution would be to remove it outright until they can develop a way to fix looking over cover or walls.

Rockets just being a pansy and doesn't want to piss anyone off.

Its as simple as joining a certain server. Not hard. Not everyone uses it to look over walls, stop being a pompous presumptuous ass. 

LOL. I love it how most call it "Hardcore. What's so hardcore about a game...

The one's that keep rattling on about making the game first person only are selfish in my opinion. I play both views, first person for when looting and third when running around. I prefer to play third person the majority of the time because i get bad motion sickness in first person a lot. And i have tried everything within the game to eliminate this effect for my personal preference. But just because i don't like first person most of the time. Or "Hardcore" as it gets called, I don't and would never want to take it away from the people that like to play in that way. Keep separate servers and leave it up to the server admins to decide what their community prefers. There is this thing called choice, and i for like to choose and appreciate that choice being there for everyone to decide.

And just because there seems to be quite a lot of players on these forums that say they'd like first person only across the board for every server doesn't mean that's the majority of the DayZ:SA player base. I bet most players dare not speak in these forums in fear of getting trolled/slated by people that obviously think their opinion is higher and matters more than others. What with a mix of the idiots in game and on these forums then it is no wonder i keep saying respectful and polite people say the community is becoming a joke.

Edited by Taylorig
  • Like 2

The one's that keep rattling on about making the game first person only are selfish in my opinion. I play both views, first person for when looting and third when running around. I prefer to play third person the majority of the time because i get bad motion sickness in first person a lot. And i have tried everything within the game to eliminate this effect for my personal preference. But just because i don't like first person most of the time. Or "Hardcore" as it gets called, I don't and would never want to take it away from the people that like to play in that way. Keep separate servers and leave it up to the server admins to decide what their community prefers. There is this thing called choice, and i for like to choose and appreciate that choice being there for everyone to decide.

And just because there seems to be quite a lot of players on these forums that say they'd like first person only across the board for every server doesn't mean that's the majority of the DayZ:SA player base. I bet most players dare not speak in these forums in fear of getting trolled/slated by people that obviously think their opinion is higher and matters more than others. What with a mix of the idiots in game and on these forums then it is no wonder i keep saying respectful and polite people say the community is becoming a joke.

Ask the dev team why it should be called hardcore, but my guess is they got more up they're sleeve for theese servers.

Possibly remove alot UI stuff, like crosshair and player list, etc.

It cant be simply because of 1st person view, because some "regular" server are using it atm, so im quite confident we will see more to make them truly "hardcore" :)

It also doesnt make sense to split the HIVE, simply because of a view option, theres gotta be more to it.

Well, where you around in the community 1-2 years ago? It was a complete clusterfuck back then.

Compare the forum of that time to now, and the people are actually really nice and polite now lol, as strange and unbelieveable as it sounds :)

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 1

Anyone who doesn't see the issue with why people want first person only options on servers or hive is either not paying attention or trolling for a reaction. This solution is perfect as it allows the people who want first person to play with other people who only want to use first person. If the servers for this die out then there were not enough people to begin with.

• Like 1

to understand hardcore, one must be hardcore

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1vrtf6/dayz_experimental_patch_is_released/cev6t4k

Those seven words explain so much.

I think 1st person makes DayZ a much better game and I don't think splitting the player base and design resources is a wise idea. Nonetheless, in my selfish heart I'm somewhat glad they are splitting the hive. My experience with 1st person servers in the mod, back when you could find them, was that they were inevitably populated with more mature players. The constant derping around that seemed to be the norm on 3rd person servers is part of what ultimately killed the game for me and made me stop playing.

• Like 2

I really do like the Hardcore variant having its own hive.

Guess you will find me there, then.

So you brag about your internet speed?

Why is it your located in Hamburg, Germany but your sig says your exchange (Phoenix, Arizona is <50 miles away) 

Fuck. I prefer first person, I find it more fair, more immersive and more intense. But in Australia the server list is hardly ever populated with a 3PP:OFF server with more than 10 people. I have found a 40/40 once.

So when I can't find a good first person server, I play on a 3PP:ON server.

Now when the hardcore servers are empty, I will have to play with a different character? What exactly did this solve or add?

I am satisfy with this solution 100% :thumbsup:  ;)

What exactly did this solve or add?

I don't understand what the confusion is. Whatever your views on 1st/3rd perspective, you have to admit that 3rd is the easier game. Separate hives means people cannot play on "easy" to gear up and then move to Hardcore servers to "play for real."

It's a simple, logical change.

Please also keep in mind that this will not be the only difference between Regular and Hardcore servers. Perspective just happens to be the only difference that's currently implemented, but as new mechanics and features come online and are tuned, I'm certain more differences will be added between the two. Separating them now just lays the groundwork for future updates.
  • Like 2

I dont like 3pp and people using it but.............. ITS NOT AN EXPLOIT

you see.... an exploit is defined as something that gives an unfair advantage in the game which is obtained through manipulating the game itself... either through code or inside the game world (Like pushing yourself into a rock where no one can see you but you can see them) .. exploits are usually glitches that had never really been wanted in the game to begin with (hence ghosting is an "Exploit" and generally requires someone setting up 2 favorite servers or playing with a friend to achieve optimal log in log out time so the target doesnt leave or log out himself.. it needs to be done fast... so players have developed a system to pull it off)

3PP IS NOT an exploit.....well not in the typical sense.... its actually developed into the game in its current build.. its an OPTION that a player can turn off or on.... and it doesnt matter how fast your PC or your NET is.. you can use 3PP and look around a building 

If your PC or net is slow.. you will not have an effective time using the "Ghosting" exploit of logging out and logging in next to the intended target.... therefore its a more "Typical" exploit because it gives faster pc's and net connecting users a huge advantage due to their ability to log in and out of a server at an above average speed.......

3PP on a server can be used by ANYONE at ANYTIME.. no one stops you from using it.. not even the speed of your PC or Net

3PP is lame, it shouldnt be in a game such as this one that tries to in some ways stress a realistic sense of fear and paranoia... BUT it is not really an exploit

• Like 1

BUT it is not really an exploit

While it is not an "exploit" in the game industry sense, it is "exploitable" to gain an advantage another in the game can not have. In short, if you are close to an object and another person is not, you can see them when they can not see you and "exploit" 3PP. 

• Like 2

Why are people bugging? 1st person is obviously way more hardcore than 3rd person. Have you played a 1st person only server? It's fucking amazing, The difference between players is so clear. I get less combat log, less KOS, more people talking to each other more tactical combat. 3rd person is fun but I really feel like it was put there for players who did come from games like resident evil and others similar. There's no reason to complain, the only difference now is that you either play hardcore or normal mode. What's wrong you feel less pro because your not on a hardcore server? Sorry to be the one to bring it to you but looking around walls without being seen is anti-pro. I guarantee 1st person and hardcore servers will not die, they will only flourish with interesting and good players who know what a competitive game is really about.

Here I like to be constructive so here's a few things you can check out.

Sacriel on twitch.tv= very interesting and always really good gameplay with his squad

ARC= My favorite 1st person server, they'll prob hate me because it's hard enough to get it in half the times do to being always full.

you see.... an exploit is defined as something that gives an unfair advantage in the game which is obtained through manipulating the game itself... either through code or inside the game world (Like pushing yourself into a rock where no one can see you but you can see them) .. exploits are usually glitches that had never really been wanted in the game to begin with (hence ghosting is an "Exploit" and generally requires someone setting up 2 favorite servers or playing with a friend to achieve optimal log in log out time so the target doesnt leave or log out himself.. it needs to be done fast... so players have developed a system to pull it off)

3PP IS NOT an exploit.....well not in the typical sense.... its actually developed into the game in its current build.. its an OPTION that a player can turn off or on.... and it doesnt matter how fast your PC or your NET is.. you can use 3PP and look around a building 

If your PC or net is slow.. you will not have an effective time using the "Ghosting" exploit of logging out and logging in next to the intended target.... therefore its a more "Typical" exploit because it gives faster pc's and net connecting users a huge advantage due to their ability to log in and out of a server at an above average speed.......

3PP on a server can be used by ANYONE at ANYTIME.. no one stops you from using it.. not even the speed of your PC or Net

3PP is lame, it shouldnt be in a game such as this one that tries to in some ways stress a realistic sense of fear and paranoia... BUT it is not really an exploit

You said third person isn't an exploit then went on to explain why it's exploitable, thanks!

PS: third person was not "developed into the game" it hasn't been touched at all by Rocket or any DayZ dev. (with public results at least) It's forgotten baggage from the massive co-op side of the ArmA series which is getting heavier and heavier by the day.

• Like 2

You are correct, however, when i play this game, or any of the Arma games for that matter, i NEVER use 3pp, but since i could not be sure other people didnt use it on the server, they where given an unfair advantage over me, simply because i dont like it.

Ofc you can exploit it, look over walls, around corners, inside buildings, without ever exposing one self. That, in my world, was never the intend tbh.

Now we can lean back and rest assure every single player on the server, we join, have the exact same advantage or disadvantage as one self. Perfect solution really.

And since theres no fundamental change to gameplay, from Regular to Hardcore, i dont believe it will have an impact on the community, and i believe neither did the devs when they though this beauty up :)

Finally we can lay this 1st vs. 3rd rage war to rest :D

We can move on to a better place and use our time and effort, to talk about much more important stuff.

3pp makes the game look too much like games such as gears of war. 

ive been playing FPSes since DOOM days, and have never been a fan of 3pp shooters. That said, if im in a 3pp:on server, ive grown accustomed to using it while traveling, in addition to freelook. kinda cool to be able to keep tabs on my environment and surroundings in a lazy fashion. but whenever TSHTF, or if i feel it is impending, I switch to 1PP and get ready to throw down.

Im definitely down with the separation of 1PP and 3PP servers, but ill hop in a 3PP just the same... although I am glad to have 1PP only, so I know that everyone else is playing on an even playing field with me.

I used to play both 3rd and 1st servers, but I've been liking 1st way more the more I play those hardcore servers. So much so, I exclusively play 3PP: off / hardcore now. I like the split database.

I agree that 3rd person does let you view angles that gives you far to much of an advantage, and I would play 1pp hardcore.

My main issue is items that are on top of lockers/cupboards that are too small to see or just cannot be seen without 3rd person view. 

If this issue is rectified, bring on the 1pp!

Not a good choice all it does is fragment the community but more importantly it encourages those who exploit this crutch and kills any sort of immersion.

FPV only across the board would have been a fantastic change one has to wonder wtf they are thinking by keeping tpv in its current state.

Its not cheating,a crutch, or an exploit when the largest games in the history of gaming have continued to use it and players enjoy it. Star Wars Battlefront,SOCOM,Splinter Cell,Assasins Creed,Unreal Tournament,Grand Theft Auto,Gears of War,Halo(vehicles),Battlefield(vehicles) ,and Call of Duty (vehicles) ect.....all prove your point to be incorrect. It is not cheating it is a play style preference. One that exists in all of those massive titles. Are you saying that this feature thats been included for the past several decades is cheating? If so the community and industry disagree.It comes down to preference and the preference of the majority prefers having the option of 3rd person.  This is proven by the server population in both Arma and DayZ. Immersion exists still in 3rd person and thats what you are ignoring. The game is based on survival and players role play in this and perspective is irrelevant to most. The niche community has gotten their hives even got itself labeled hardcore so they can feel good when there servers die and dwindle mere months after full release just like in the mod. People who play this GAME still expect to enjoy their play session and for many myself included 3rd person is needed especially for travel on foot.I would not play Skyrim ,Fable,or Fallout in just one perspective and I as many others will not play DAYZ solely in 1st person. It is not fun nor enjoyable and breaks the majorities immersion. also looting shelves that are above your head is impossible in 1st person currently if you have not noticed yet. So a big part of the game such as looting would be crippled for many as well. 

​The best thing is that we have separate hives so you essentially can control two avatars now. You can have the 3rd person on servers for playing with friends and or goofing around. However if you do want the more intense hardcore experience then by all means you have your second character on the separate hive to use as well. I know I will switch between the two now and again but so far I have logged 150 hours on 3rd person servers and I don't believe I will spend even that amount of a first person server far after release.
Edited by Canned Muffins

I agree that 3rd person does let you view angles that gives you far to much of an advantage, and I would play 1pp hardcore.

My main issue is items that are on top of lockers/cupboards that are too small to see or just cannot be seen without 3rd person view. 

If this issue is rectified, bring on the 1pp!

Strange i find first person better for seeing smaller items so many times play 1st person on 3rd person servers i would find a place looted but little items like a stack of bullets laying on the ground would be missed.

Dont have any trouble seeing items on shelves cuboards lockers although wish they would add the incremental stances of arma 3 to get that little extra height ( and for geting lower being able to match my player to the object i am using as cover etc lol ).

Add to that the amount of loot i find under beds when guys have speed looted in 3rd view miss this ( yes so 3rd view is much faster to find the majority of the loot just not better at finding it lol ..