gamer222

Rocket answers to everyone who complains about 3D view

How about giving us an answer to some of the quetions the first crowd coviniently ignores every time. AKA...

How does any 3rd exploit effect you while you enjoy your 1st person server?

It doesn't...if there's is a decent server to play on. Having different gamemodes, difficulties and the like splits the playerbase limiting choice for all of them. You guys are just lucky that your way is popular enough so you don't even notice any limitations.

How exactly do we present ourselfs as low? We are all equal....the fact that you need something to see me as a level peer, and dont, by default, treat everyone as such, again enfoces your elitest views.

I'd consider you okay if you wouldn't cry and cling to your precious little aide there. What's so terribly bad about not having 3PP enabled? Why is it such a big deal to you guys that you fight for it to the death...even though nobody is actually threatening to take it away from you?

We do not try to force our playstyle as the best, we never try to say that 1st should be removed entirely, because we know others prefer it and ....heres the kicker.....respect how others want to play the game.

I guess the 3PP crowd would shed the biggest tears if somebody would take away 1PP entirely.

To sum up what i mean.....

Dean chose an engine with 3rd perspective

He then chose to list it as a feature

He then chose not to remove it

Yet people that like 3rd have low standards....

The man just climbed Everest......yeah low standards indeed.

To sum up what I mean....

WTF are you talking about? Dean has climbed Everest so you can use 3PP?

You guys are really bad in making arguments. How about you climb Everest? Then you may use 3PP as much as you want and I wont give you shit about it anymore.

And btw....comparing 3rd to a easier difficulty is a flawed comparison. Playing in 1st only makes you safer and bypasses something that is a challenge within the game. You have basically made playing easier by making it less likely to be spotted. And this is my point entirely, you assume that 3rd players are the type to not adjust game difficulty to high, thats just false. Id much rather play l4d on expert if im going to do a campain for the challenge. I would play dayz on a real "hardcore" mode with limited loot and harder hitting zombies....but i would still want 3rd.

To sum up what i mean.....

Dean chose an engine with 3rd perspective

He then chose to list it as a feature

He then chose not to remove it

Yet people that like 3rd have low standards....

The man just climbed Everest......yeah low standards indeed.

im confused here i am one of the happy first person players who is happy to sit on our own servers with seperate hive its a decent solution for me.

But have to ask if you dont think first person is harder than 3rd dont you think you should be telling your opinion to rocket he classed first person as hardcore and 3rd person as regular he made the distinction and it is realistic moving around in first person takes longer, why becasue we have to scan the area more have to move more carefully as we cant see over things so if it takes longer to move around you actually use more food water for roughly the same distance travelled on that level alone makes first person a harder mode.

Im not a elitist first person player but i just hate hearing bull from both sides and i hear alot a hell of ALOT

Now you are bringing up hive issues.....so simply put....it dosent effect you.

All you do is cry.....and paint a picture that every person who uses 3rd is exploiting it.....you are simply wrong. I hear a gunshot in a town i approach....i instantly swap to 1st so i can fire if needed....i dont pan round in 3rd behind a wall trying to spot....thats no fun. Im therfore not using it as an aid....im using it to immerse myself i the world and have a chance to see my toon interact with said world. 

The problem IMO with loosing 3rd is that it pushes the game in the direction of cometitive deathmatch fps.....not a social experiment where interacting with people is a main feature. This is not a FPS....First Person Shooter.....its a hell of a lot more even if some carnt see that.

What? why exactly would we shed the biggest tears.....i know for sure id be just as pissed off if 1st was removed as if 3rd was. Either would take a lot away from the game.

We arent bad at making arguments....you are either bad at remembering what you said or cannont understand.....

Il make it clear what that last point was.....you say people who enjoy 3rd have low standards.....rocket obviously enjoys 3rd....for whatever reason....he climbed everest....so therefor eveyone that likes 3rd does not have low standards.....was that enough hand holding trough a simple metaphor?

• Like 1

im confused here i am one of the happy first person players who is happy to sit on our own servers with seperate hive its a decent solution for me.

But have to ask if you dont think first person is harder than 3rd dont you think you should be telling your opinion to rocket he classed first person as hardcore and 3rd person as regular he made the distinction and it is realistic moving around in first person takes longer, why becasue we have to scan the area more have to move more carefully as we cant see over things so if it takes longer to move around you actually use more food water for roughly the same distance travelled on that level alone makes first person a harder mode.

Im not a elitist first person player but i just hate hearing bull from both sides and i hear alot a hell of ALOT

Realistic yes....hardcore no. Hardcore would be changes to the core gamplay, not just something that has been a server setting since arma. Its only taking you longer because you are cautious, thats a player choice wether to be cautious or not, and dosent relate to a 1st or 3rd choice. You can scan just as quick in 1st as 3rd but its up to you in both views wether you do a detailed scan of the area, or a less in depth one. 

My point was that the only real reason people go to first is because they dont like that people can peek. So they remove that challenge by migrating to a supposedly "hardcore" server where they dont have to worry about it. IMO it should just be called 3rd off. And hardcore should be reserved for a set of servers that have major gameplay changes like low loot, harder hitting zeds, less guns ect.

Edited by Karmaterror

Il make it clear what that last point was.....you say people who enjoy 3rd have low standards.....rocket obviously enjoys 3rd....for whatever reason....he climbed everest....so therefor eveyone that likes 3rd does not have low standards.....was that enough hand holding trough a simple metaphor?

ok hmm i have to jump in on this point why does rocket enjoy 3rd person view when ever i watched him live stream playing ( not when he was showing the game before it came out he used 3rd view to chow characters) he is playing in 1st person a member of his own dev team tweeted about those not playing in first were missing out an experience.

Again it was rocket who decided to call first person the hardcore mode ( a catchy title of no real meaning but if he wasnt a first person lover he might havee just called it hard vs regular but that point is speculation ).

I feel there always will be a place for third person view some like it more think it feels more natural moving in it , it definately makes interesting videos when shown from 3rd perspective and i dont think it makes you any lower as a person playing third person you just prefer it that way but sorry one is definately easier than the other no shame in playing a more regular level than a harder one its what you prefer.....

Guys what the fuck is the problem? No body is more elite. If a person decides to play on a regular server that doesn't mean your better than them. It does mean they're choosing to play on a easier setting for whatever reason. 1st person is harder, no doubt about that, In a 3PP I can safely spot someone without ever being seen, from than I can either engage them the way I want or avoid them completely again without ever being seen and always having an eye on them, that is not competitive. Some ppl like myself always try to play games as competitive as I can, some ppl enjoy games at a different level like this fellow here who loves to take strides in the woods as he checks himself out. At the end of the day guess what we have the best of both worlds, the problem is one is called hardcore so ppl who are playing on a regular server feel they like they are less. Again you are choosing to play a less harder game and that is a fact even if the differences are minimal at least at the moment.  The game creator deffined the two so there is no argument.

ok hmm i have to jump in on this point why does rocket enjoy 3rd person view when ever i watched him live stream playing ( not when he was showing the game before it came out he used 3rd view to chow characters) he is playing in 1st person a member of his own dev team tweeted about those not playing in first were missing out an experience.

Again it was rocket who decided to call first person the hardcore mode ( a catchy title of no real meaning but if he wasnt a first person lover he might havee just called it hard vs regular but that point is speculation ).

I feel there always will be a place for third person view some like it more think it feels more natural moving in it , it definately makes interesting videos when shown from 3rd perspective and i dont think it makes you any lower as a person playing third person you just prefer it that way but sorry one is definately easier than the other no shame in playing a more regular level than a harder one its what you prefer.....

Well ok, i didnt know he played 1st only....all the old dev blogs had 3rd. But i still think its people running from a challenge, and i know for a fact i feel a lot safer on a first person server.....shouldnt i feel more vunerable on a "harder" mode?

Edited by Karmaterror

Realistic yes....hardcore no. Hardcore would be changes to the core gamplay, not just something that has been a server setting since arma. Its only taking you longer because you are cautious, thats a player choice wether to be cautious or not, and dosent relate to a 1st or 3rd choice. You can scan just as quick in 1st as 3rd but its up to you in both views wether you do a detailed scan of the area, or a less in depth one. 

My point was that the only real reason people go to first is because they dont like that people can peek. So they remove that challenge by migrating to a supposedly "hardcore" server where they dont have to worry about it. IMO it should just be called 3rd off. And hardcore should be reserved for a set of servers that have major gameplay changes like low loot, harder hitting zeds, less guns ect.

Well at this point i will again tell you to take your arguement up with rocket it was his choice to call it hardcore lol ( not one i agree with ) but i do agree with him in the regards of it being harder than in 3rd view it is so much quicker for you to loot and spot in coming people because of your high vantage point of a view.. Thats not opinion that one is fact a fact reflected in real life when you want quick over view of an area what do you do you move to high ground to get that wider view in 3rd person you have a built in vantage point so um sorry but now ya just talking out ya butt and can see why your being attacked and called lesser for playing 3rd ( not because 3rd is lower) but because you scream alot of complete rubish in defense of your view.

You like 3rd person view no shame in that you like to play it that way good for you but cut the complete and utter drivel you are starting to speak mate that is starting to make you look like a lesser person not becausee you play 3rd person view....

All you do is cry.....

Nope.

and paint a picture that every person who uses 3rd is exploiting it.....you are simply wrong.

If there is the possibility of an exploit many will take advantage of it. Only a few are needed to spoil the whole bunch. The only way of preventing that is to make things not exploitable.

I hear a gunshot in a town i approach....i instantly swap to 1st so i can fire if needed....i dont pan round in 3rd behind a wall trying to spot....thats no fun. Im therfore not using it as an aid....im using it to immerse myself i the world and have a chance to see my toon interact with said world.

Seems like you could live very well without 3PP enabled. So why are you so vigilant?

The problem IMO with loosing 3rd is that it pushes the game in the direction of cometitive deathmatch fps.....not a social experiment where interacting with people is a main feature. This is not a FPS....First Person Shooter.....its a hell of a lot more even if some carnt see that.

Can't follow that reasoning. 3PP:off doesn't change the core of DayZ and how players interact with each other...at least not negatively.

What? why exactly would we shed the biggest tears.....i know for sure id be just as pissed off if 1st was removed as if 3rd was. Either would take a lot away from the game.

3PP:off doesn't take away much.

You just don't get my arguments. Then you argue against what you understood. Then I think you aren't the brightest bulb. That's the causality. Let me enhance on that.

I say, everyone who won't give up that little bastard of a beginners crutch that 3PP is by himself when finding out about the effects on gameplay poses himself as low to me. A decent player would say "Damn it! I'll give it up gladly for an overall better gaming experience even though it had it's charme. I can easily adapt to having it disabled. No big deal." But you guys act more like this:

Btw, Rocket promotes playing hardcore. He's just more protective of you puppies than I'd be. ^^

Edited by tommes

This is an issue that really strikes a nerve for me, fighting the 3rd corner on the forums is the best i can do as regards "take it up with rocket". Most people dont loot in 3rd, its awfull and clips through walls regularly, if anything it slows you down. Appart from what i said about rocket, which i concede was wrong what is rubbish...

The fact that 3rd is used is a story telling tool in many games

That it can add great immersion

That it isnt exploited half as much as the 1st crew claims

That you feel safer on a 1st person server ( so calling it hardcore dosent fly for me)

You carnt take one thing  i said, that was wrong, and say all of what im saying is rubbish. What else is rubbish?

Toomes....

I get your arguments....i just think you can only see the game as one thing....competitive online fps. Third adds so much to this game from a non combat perspective. Not everyone just wants a gun and a balanced shooting game....we have litterally thousands of those already. Why not let this one have RPG elements, as its closer to that than an FPS.

Edited by Karmaterror

If i want to play first person shooter games i know my picks...1st person working fine in Electro...towns and villages..u get arcade like  run gun gamestyle but on open field on 224 square Kilometars...third person is fine...and desirable...until sound is fixed i personally do not see a point to play on 1 st person..servers...but if u want run gun action 1 person shooting..then towns like electro and cherno are fine...on open field...to find opponent with 1 st person look is hard...it is not anymore about who have better position it is about who see first...which is kind a stupid...there is  actually very good reason that THIS game have third person look...and bdw 1 st peron shooters servers ...do not live long...u will see it your self...

This is an issue that really strikes a nerve for me, fighting the 3rd corner on the forums is the best i can do as regards "take it up with rocket". Most people dont loot in 3rd, its awfull and clips through walls regularly, if anything it slows you down. Appart from what i said about rocket, which i concede was wrong what is rubbish...

The fact that 3rd is used is a story telling tool in many games

That it can add great immersion

That it isnt exploited half as much as the 1st crew claims

That you feel safer on a 1st person server ( so calling it hardcore dosent fly for me)

You carnt take one thing  i said, that was wrong, and say all of what im saying is rubbish. What else is rubbish?

Toomes....

I get your arguments....i just think you can only see the game as one thing....competitive online fps. Third adds so much to this game from a non combat perspective. Not everyone just wants a gun and a balanced shooting game....we have litterally thousands of those already. Why not let this one have RPG elements, as its closer to that than an FPS.

never argued against it giving you immersion never argued it is good for story telling if you read my posts i said actually like videos in third person as for the isnt exploited half as much as you think your deluding yourself i want you to video yourself normally playing in third so we can see how often you use third view to see over around things to get a view you couldnt in real life get ( it becomes subconcious you do it naturally because you can do it )

Your argueing dumb shit because your not reading or understanding what has been said. Ok you feel safer on 1st person servers huh ok then come play on them give up third view for 3 days when you have been kos because you didnt see people ( its very easy to hide in first person view and have people walk right past watch dyslexis videos so you can camp kill almost as much as you can in third lol then add to this how often do you get taken by surprise by a zed in 3rd view almost never why cause you can see them easier lol in 1st person you can quite often be taken by surprise by a zed by someone behind you and lets see when there are a shit load more zeds are you going to feel safer when they can take you by surprise but they pretty much cant in 3rd person view.

I admire you are deefending your view no need to it aint ever going away but trying to call it harder than 1st person view and thats what ya saying you said we hiding from a challenge that you get in 3rd ( ill direct quote you if you deny this point). You are just talking DUMB  ASS SHIT if you play arma what happens when you turn the difficulty up oh it gets locked to 1st person view only guess what now in dayz its the same so BIS know 1st person is harder ROCKET  knows first person is harder but some how you know better aye......

Take sometime think about your arguements ( again not needed third person aint going away ) but honestly if you are 3rd person views white night to defend against the evil of first person your not doing a good job you are just making yourself look well ill informed ( honestly the frustration of dealing with such retarded arguements id like to just call you names lol )

Edited by SoulFirez

What dumb ass shit......quotes plz.

I need to know what "dumb ass shit" im saying so i can explain it better.

And im not reading....humph.....iv already said i love 1st and 3rd....removing either would hurt the game.

Edited by Karmaterror

What dumb ass shit......quotes plz.

I need to know what "dumb ass shit" im saying so i can explain it better.

And im not reading....humph.....iv already said i love 1st and 3rd....removing either would hurt the game.

I dont want either removed from the game and fear not third person view aint going away the dumb ass shit is you have been argueing 3rd view is harder(and sometimes that 1st is not harder and there you are talking shit take it up again with rocket he thinks first is harder take it up with bis they class it as harder check all the arma games go up in diffculty it locks to first person .

You just go round in circles without one valid point against first person mate honestly every time i read your posts i just get a image of you and i feel like face palming to the extreme.

Many people enjoy the game in third that doesnt make you a lesser person there is plenty of valid arguements for playing in third it being hardeer aint one of them (again never argued against any of your other points on third)

Figure out what your arguing for and aginst and then you may not sound as ill informed......

• Like 3

I like First person View for FPS games but for Dayz I think 3rd person view is better..When i get into a gunfight i always use First Person View but for running around or just looking around in general i like 3rd person. What I do hate is when players that play only on the Hardcore Servers say they are better players because they only use First Person View. I understand it may be a bit harder but that doesn't make you a better player than me because I like 3rd person in this game..

• Like 1

I like First person View for FPS games but for Dayz I think 3rd person view is better..When i get into a gunfight i always use First Person View but for running around or just looking around in general i like 3rd person. What I do hate is when players that play only on the Hardcore Servers say they are better players because they only use First Person View. I understand it may be a bit harder but that doesn't make you a better player than me because I like 3rd person in this game..

beans for you, playing a harder difficulty doesnt make you a better player hell i might suck at the game but i like a challenge so i play it on a harder level. There are some very VERY good players who play third for whatever reason ( personally know a long time arma vet who strictly plays first person arma in a mil organised style but for dayz he likes 3rd view i wouldnt say he was a lesser player cause i know he can kill the shit of me ( we have tested this both in arma and dayz lol )

• Like 1

OMG "take it up with rocket"....."take it up with BIS".....carnt you see thats what im doing by posting my view here. What you want me do? jump on a plane and go tell them myself....this is what the forum exists for.

Im not aruging against 1st...READ!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I know exaclty what im aguing for you just havent understood.....so in caps for some people....

I LOVE 1ST

I AM NOT ARGUING AGAINST 1ST

I AM ARGUING AGAINST THE COMPLETE REMOVAL OF 3RD FROM THE GAME AS PROPOSED BY SOME.

AND TOOMES QUITE REDICULOUS CLAIM THAT PEOPLE WHO ENJOY 3RD HAVE LOWER STANDARDS.

Edited by Karmaterror

You guys are all retarted, there's a reason there's two modes with two different views. Karmaterror be the bigger man and just stop, you've made your point and now ur going past and just sounding stupid that's why these guys are picking on you, your making it easy. 2 ppl said on this page playing this game on a third person doesn't mean anything except that you like third person view. Is it easier than 1st? ofcourse it is but dayz is a game that pleases way more than just your competive player. Enjoy the game guys and be happy you got two characters to mes around with.

OMG "take it up with rocket"....."take it up with BIS".....carnt you see thats what im doing by posting my view here. What you want me do? jump on a plane and go tell them myself....this is what the forum exists for.

Im not aruging against 1st...READ!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I know exaclty what im aguing for you just havent understood.....so in caps for some people....

I LOVE 1ST

I AM NOT ARGUING AGAINST 1ST

I AM ARGUING AGAINST THE COMPLETE REMOVAL OF 3RD FROM THE GAME AS PROPOSED BY SOME.

AND TOOMES QUITE REDICULOUS CLAIM THAT PEOPLE WHO ENJOY 3RD HAVE LOWER STANDARDS.

I never said you were argueing against 1st merely you stated it was not harder than 3rd and over and over i have pointed out how your wrong and how everyone who is important thinks your wrong on that point. ( hence the take it up with rocket take it up with BIS)

Third view isnt going away so if you say thats what your fighting for to keep third well mate your wasting your fight cause it aint going away so find your calm 3rd view is safe.

I have clearly stated playing something at harder level doesnt make you a better person or playing a easy level makes you a lesser person people enjoy video games the way they want it aint real life we are not playing to win there is no compertition .

The only thing i have argued aginst you is that it is harder on first person tried to give you valid arguements both from a video game point of view and real life situations but still you go off ya nut and aginst what you dont even know you are just grinding you gears spinning your wheels going no where.

You dont need to fight 3rd is staying so if the fight is not really to save third it doesnt need saving what are you really fighting against ????

Are you fighting the FACT that first person is and will continue to get harder ( due to increasing zeds and maybe some other mechanics) than 3rd view play is because that is what you have been argueing with me!!!!!!!!

Sorry if thats your fight which it has been with me ( the only point against 3rd i have said is difficulty ) then i am afraid you will be fightting that one for the rest of your life because anyone with an iq above 90 can realise what view is harder to play in not what view makes you a better person or a lesser person thats all troll rubbish just ignore it but the fact remains 1st person view is harder to play in sorry there is no arguement there and you have offered none of any valid points to counter that ......

I dont want either removed from the game and fear not third person view aint going away the dumb ass shit is you have been argueing 3rd view is harder(and sometimes that 1st is not harder and there you are talking shit take it up again with rocket he thinks first is harder take it up with bis they class it as harder check all the arma games go up in diffculty it locks to first person .

You just go round in circles without one valid point against first person mate honestly every time i read your posts i just get a image of you and i feel like face palming to the extreme.

Many people enjoy the game in third that doesnt make you a lesser person there is plenty of valid arguements for playing in third it being hardeer aint one of them (again never argued against any of your other points on third)

Figure out what your arguing for and aginst and then you may not sound as ill informed......

He actually said in one post that 1st person is easier because words

The mental gymnastics he does is amazing.

• Like 1

I like the HC sub-hive. I really do. BUT...

If it was up to me, i would totaly disable 3rd person only to fuck with the majority of easy runners of the community. Playing in third person is weak and pathetic. We have a game here that it's about survival. And when it comes to survival sometimes you have to kill. And by being in multiplayer it's PVP, hell of a lot of PVP. And i like it. But hell, when i know that there is a little sissy sitting on top of a building-behind a wall- behind a window, safe and sound, scouting like a boss with third person, it pisses me off.

It breaks my immersion, the feeling of realism and the serious manner of having a firefight.

And one more reason to disable 3rd person, alot of kiddies go away. With ease. Done

I just fucked mustys teamspeak to write this shit.

Shit

good job it's not upto you then you pretentious idiot
  • Like 1

I have indeed....

In 1st only you cannot be peeked on...in 3rd you can, therefore there is, maybe not a greater, but another challenge in playing 3rd on. A challenge 1st players will never have to deal with. Thats just one thing that can make 3rd harder. Another being that if you are within about 5m of a player you got about 2% chance of hitting them in 3rd due to the crosshair not reflecting where the bullet will hit. First players again never have to deal with it. That being said there are things that make 1st harder aswell, i wont dispute that. Like looking over your shoulder with a tall pack on or not being able to see over grass when prone.

Im not trolling here, I honestly feel that not enough people openly support 3rd on the forum, here it seems way biast towards 1st, but the playerbase says otherwise . And if the dev team looked on the forums they would consider removal. I feel that i should continue to defend its remaining in the game. 

Why would you say to me "no valid points against 1st"...thats irrelivent if you know im not arguing against it. It seems as though you didnt read my posts fully to me.

Then you told me im talking bulshit, but have yet to show me what you consider bullshit so i can elaborate (appart obviously from dean enjoying 3rd, it seems he dosent). Im here so the devs know there are a lot of people that like 3rd and would love it to stay in the game. And to stop wild generalisations about view choice relating to who a player is and the standards they have.

Sure i repeat myself, but so do all the first crowd, go have a go at them for not bringing anything new to the table. Or do i just get the backlash because im on the wrong side of the fence?

PS they can pick on me all they want lol :) i aint going anywhere :P

better or more capable thats subjective but whats not is the fact that playing only in 1st person is harder hence why first person servers are listed as the harder difficulty. So i aint trying to say i am better because i play 1st only but i prefer more of a challenge....

It isn't harder.  Everyone is subject to the same restriction.  That just changes presentation, not difficulty.

• Like 1

It isn't harder.  Everyone is subject to the same restriction.  That just changes presentation, not difficulty.

ah yes they do just change the presentation, can you tell me how having the ability to see above/over around things makes the game harder when you can automatically see an entire area i will have to move out into behind cover and peak out to see if anyone is there. 

You dont need to play to carefull to get as much info on a area that i do while having to be carefull im not sure how one can explain in easier terms which would be harder??

But tell me you seem to know as yes its just the presentation ......

I have never argued a removal of third person it is by far the most popular way to play it. I am happy we play on different servers (3rd out numbering 1st servers what atleast 10 to 1.

There is no contest in which is more popular its 3rd view but all i have argued thus far is the fact first person only is the harder way to play you try backing up a car in game when we get them in first and tthen in third and tell me which worked out easier forr you or landing a chopper????

Edited by SoulFirez

It isn't harder though. Everyone in a 1PP server is similarly restricted.  People in a regular server have the same sets of tools.  If everyone is similarly restricted then there isn't a change in difficulty, just a change in the manner the game is represented.

Now if you are on a regular server and refuse to use 3PP, then that is a difference in difficulty since you are intentionally limiting yourself.  But lets not make hardcore into some fabricated special classification where only the l33t go to play the game. 

I happen to find 3PP gives me back a little bit of the visibility and awareness that the horrific 1PP setting takes away.  I also like to see my character.  They look so cool.