crazykage

Vehicles: For or against them?

vehicles will add a whole new dimension to this game, so aboslutely YES.

Make them insane to fix so you can use it.

EX: certain parts ONLY spawn at certain places.

One part could spawn at Lopatino, another at Pavlovo, Olsha, Elektro/Cherno, Stary Sobor.

Also make a few parts super rare spawn rate at a random town like 10 parts, EX it would spawn in either Mogilevka, Zelenogorsk, Polana, or Pusta. Also only ONE of these parts at any one time would spawn in each town. The server would randomly choose 4 of the super rare parts to spawn 1 in each town, and then it would randomly choose the spawns for that town, so the server might not even spawn the part you need it might spawn a water bottle instead etc.

Also the remaining 6 items that where not chosen to spawn in a town would spawn RANDOMLY out in the wild in a broken down vehicle wither beside a road, dirt road, middle of a field, or even in a forest or mountains.

Also allow us to search broken vehicles for parts as well.

This way it could take you over 5 days just to find all the parts with the help of friends.

I just hope they FORCE players to go ALL over the map, not just server hop at one spot till they have everything.

Make it so certain parts only spawn in certain places.

Even if they have friends, they still have to travel across the map which would take hours.

its a stupid question, we all want vehicles we dont want to run for 4 hours.

• Like 3

Once the map get's expanded, i'd love to see vehicles. It's really a bitch to walk up all the way to the top of the map.

Make them rare, but nothing like ultra rare. And they should require repairing, unless you are really, REALLY lucky and find a working vehicle. 

Basically like it worked in the Mod.

And why are people trying to make vehicles so damn cryptic? 

You don't need to be an Einstein to maintain a vehicle and repair it. Use the manual. :]

Edited by Konna

Without vehicles Dayz will definitely be incomplete. I don't wish and like the game to bend much to the simulation/PVE side of things. So I'd like Dayz SA to be more similar to the current Dayz Mod where tactics and skill is more important.

I'm 50/50 on vehicles. On one hand, I feel vehicles will make the game a bit easier. In the space of an hour, if you're lucky, you could be well stocked with food and drink, possibly weapons and ammo and other necessary gear. All loaded into the trunk of the car. On the other, I think once private hives are more common and loot spawn times are upped, long running server times etc, the issue of cleaning up the server in a short amount of time becomes irrelevant. It gives an ultimate goal for some people which is nice. 

I don't think they enhance the game much, nor does not adding them degrade the experience and makes it less enjoyable. I'm fine running all over the place and I don't think I'll ever go out of my way to build a vehicle. I would personally like to see random helicopter crashes be restored as firstly, you and your group would have to take out the horde of zombies which would no doubt give other players time to ambush you and then you've got to repair said helicopter. Plenty of risk and danger involved which pretty much sums up what the game is about.

Vehicles are already confirmed with customization.

And another thing:

Making vehicles super hard to obtain and maintain won't make them any less common. They simply won't be available for peasants without teams, and smaller groups. Big groups will always have cars and won't have any problems getting all the parts and fuel.

Kinda like the real world with rich and the poor but what could you know about that. :)

• Like 1

I would kill for any kind of vehicle, car, bike, skate, anything at all.

Vehicles are already confirmed, i can't see how this topic gets us anywhere.

Definitely need cars again. Would be so helpful to be able to pick up friends new to the game and driving up to your hidden outpost (assuming they are adding tents again etc)

i hope to rocket that the full on, hard core helicopter mechanics are brought over from Take On Helicopters. So much more challenging and rewarding than arma 2 or arma 3 helicopters.
If this happens literally everyone who hasn't flown in that game will be crashing on take off, will be hilarious and brilliant. Also, disable Auto Hover and Auto Engine would be truely, EPIC

• Like 1

I'm in favour of vehicles being implemented, but I want them to be something you have to -work- for. No going for a Sunday stroll with an engine in your back pocket like the Mod. I would love to see Engine parts like radiators, alternators, carburettors (did I spell that right?), and Batteries in varied conditions that require upkeep and maintenance to keep the vehicle running. 

I am fine with vehicles as long as they keep it realistic.  Like a damaged car needs to be fixed, you would need a pump to scavenge for fuel and maybe a battery to get it started.

Also, for this to happen, other parts should be fixable, for example the gas stations, some generators and what not. This would open up new ways of how the game is played and in a more cooperative role. This would elliminate some banditry and KOS as people try to coordinate more.

Say for example, a group decides to get a town running. Clear it and get some vehicles, get some power on and the gas station running to get some fuel... with all this invested, you would need to protect it.

That´s an idea I would really love to see.

But how will you save that "city"-condition trough server-restart?

Really like that idea. I´ll give you all my eurobeans.

Edited by elPropofolian

Lets see where to start.

1. Too early to discuss vehicles as the core game hasn't even been worked out yet. We don't even have the planned amount of zombies.

2. I don't know what mod of the Dayz mod you may or may not have played but in the original Dayz mod 99% of the vehicles where broken when spawned and needed fixing. And even with a group it could take hours to get the required parts.

3. a. You can be easily shot out of vehicles. b. Loot will be respawning eventually (way before vehicles are in game) so that is not even an issue.

4. I'd like to see Bicycles in the game as well but yea there are way more important things on the list than vehicles at the moment.

Why do you always reply negatively? You're not a very fun person, are ya.

We all know they're not gonna be implemented soon, but so what? Can't we discuss them?

• Like 1

Depends, on one hand it takes a while to get from A to B, so something that will decrease the amount of time spent hiking just to get shot is nice. On the other hand, I feel that cars are somewhat unrealistic, they also aren't really worth the time spent due to the risk of losing them upon logout/server restart/etc..

I would like some bicycles and really few cars and maybe one military car per map with a very very low chance of a helicopter spawning (all broken down, because otherwise they wouldn't be there).

Yes, providing they are very rare and need enormous amount of maintenance to keep running.

If they are made lockable, car theft kits need to be available.

Yes to vehicles.

Trucks, civilian cars, technicals, russian equivalent of a Humvee and choppers.

Nothing with mounted guns apart from maybe the technical, but there should be gunner positions on all vehicles.

Edited by Covent

For them, there are two reasons I'd like to list:

1. This isn't the 1850s, vehicles should be everywhere and not all of them should be broken.

Although vehicles everywhere might not sound like a good idea, it is realistic. Make fuel a scarce thing and make the gas stations deplete the fuel.

Every restart, the gas stations should have a chance to start with a bit of fuel, no fuel, or much fuel.

2. The game will get boring, running is already time consuming and kidnapping won't be as fun without vehicles.

I mean come on, think of the lulz you could have when you put a burlap sack on someone's head and fly them into that small island kms from the shore, leaving them to starve.

• Like 4

i would have to say i Big YES to Vehicles but not at this stage into the game. more into the beta they should add vehicles. because i can tell you this now and know a lot of people will agree with me not everybody wants to run around for hours on end getting around on foot. Vehicles will make a lot of things easier. but they need to add them in so they cant be found exactly when u spawn in ( like in some mods/servers in the original DayZ Mod) they should make it a limited amount of 75 vehicles per server and they need to be ultra rare. especially helicopters maybe 2 per server. i wouldn't mind seeing  vehicles having appropriate spawns also. for example you will find a Ute in a industrial locations or a small town but on the other hand you will find a Humvee in a old military base or a old camp and for the helicopters these spawns can be completely random, they could make it that they dont always spawn in airfields and military locations. the helis could even spawn in the woods or a small town.

I'm only for basic vehicles.

95% should be push bikes.. the odd pickup & motorbike that'll need some fixing etc.  No choppers or shit like that.  My personal preference.

I'd like to see row boats :)

Edited by MadTommy

I wana see realistic vehicles that you would expect in a dreadful place.

I wana some of the following

h_50437297.jpg

Vehicles should be in and be a centrepiece of maintenance mechanics and fuel demand, as many said before.

That means basic maintenance, as water, lubricant and of course fuel.

The coding of the vehicles might be demanding, given all the parts that could go broken, transmission, tires, refrigeration cycles, etc.

Will be good if correctly implemented.