Sign in to follow this  
crazyandlazy

So I played solely 1st Person Servers the whole day today and my thoughts are

It's good. Wish they had more servers though.

Pros

1. It's harder for people to spot you.

2.Feels nice though I wish I could see a little higher.

Cons

1. Not as many dedicated servers. The ones there gives me high ping.

2. Can't go fast when looting houses or you get dizzy[even with video settings tweaked, head bob, blur, etc]

I think I will stick to it just for the sole reason of it being harder on other people to spot you out. I was at the NWAF today and I could be more daring then in 3PP. Wish they had more servers though cause this ping and desync is killing me.

Agreed.  I think it jacks up the intensity a few notches when you can't safely peer around corners.  Makes you play like a true FPS, slicing corners and what not. 

It also adds extreme value to the Hunting Backpack in my opinion.  The most capacity without limiting your rear view.

• Like 1

There is tons of 1st person only servers (best are in my opinion DayZ DE and DayZ GB, just filter 3pp:off).

And yesterday there were unusual problems with lag and desync on all servers for some reason, I was mauled by lagged zombies 2 times.

maybe that was it. I will test out the filter. Did not know there was a filter, silly me. I was using off in the name of the server.

I enjoyed it greatly. Even the melee combat is more fun.

Yeah all combat is more satisfying.

Without sounding like some elitist twat (to much like one).

Welcome to Dayz how Rocket would like you to experience it! its like a completely different game lol .

To those who havent tried it give it a go it may not be for you but try it for 2 days only play 1st person and when you return to 3rd i am sure you will feel something missing lol

Has he said this?

i dont believe he has said it directly no the fact they discussed not having 3rd at one point the fact he and the dev team play 1st that there hardcore mode will be first ( and he is trying to make the game for lack of a better word hardcore.

Was it matt lighfoot( sorry if i am spelling his name wrong ) that tweeted about those not playing in1st person where missing out on alot ( paraphrasing i cant be bothered finding his tweet again.)

But no NO he has not directly said that ( that i recall lol )

I prefer first-person while indoors anyway. When in third-person your character enters a room before the "camera", so it really makes sense to use first-person while clearing rooms IMO.

Likewise. When I first started playing I used 3rd person outdoors in open areas, usually whilst moving through trees between towns, and first person indoors. So much easier to navigate.

I also believe you forgot to mention the incredible increase of tension 1st person adds to the game, it feels much more "spooky and terrifying" then 3rd person.

Most definitely this. After watching Dslyecxi's video about how much more engaging first person is, I've tended to play on populated 3PP:OFF servers. Earlier I was in a house in Kamyshova and, as I opened a door to leave, heard a bullet hit very nearby but did not hear a shot to accompany it. My assumption was that a sniper was some distance away and knew I was there, so I quickly backed back into the house and closed the door. The following few minutes were tense as I waited to see if anyone would come in, FNX45 at the ready. After a few minutes, I left via the other door and had to move very carefully between cover. It was fucking insane how tense that situation felt, not knowing if my next dash from cover would be my last, and it simply wouldn't have been the same playing in third person. 

I am not sure DayZ has support for it yet though, but would be surprised if they didnt implement it, as the engine supports it.

I'm pretty sure it does support it. There's certainly TrackIR settings pre-configured in the movement settings.

i dont believe he has said it directly no the fact they discussed not having 3rd at one point the fact he and the dev team play 1st that there hardcore mode will be first ( and he is trying to make the game for lack of a better word hardcore.

Was it matt lighfoot( sorry if i am spelling his name wrong ) that tweeted about those not playing in1st person where missing out on alot ( paraphrasing i cant be bothered finding his tweet again.)

Well if he didn't say it and they DIDN'T remove 3rd person then it is a stretch to say he intended us to play that way.

• Like 1

Well if he didn't say it and they DIDN'T remove 3rd person then it is a stretch to say he intended us to play that way.

Point taken add that i believe rocket wanted you to have.. Makes it more a personal stament i didnt intend to state it as his words lol ( besides that hard to say his words sometimes cause in nearly 2 years of interviews lol he has changed his mind on points a few times..

Dslyexi posted a video about 1st person vs 3rd person and how that effects immersion. It was posted in the OP of the "Fix (not remove) 3PP" thread.

EDIT: But let's not bring that debate here, there are thirty five pages of clusterfuckery already on the forum, we certainly don't need any more.

Edited by Monkfish

I don't play much on first person only servers since right now it's tedious to walk long distances from town to town. I pretty much get bored and wish I had something to look at. On 3pp servers I at least get to look at my character while running and have something to look at.

I don't play much on first person only servers since right now it's tedious to walk long distances from town to town. I pretty much get bored and wish I had something to look at. On 3pp servers I at least get to look at my character while running and have something to look at.

Joking but i hope you have  a female avatar seeing as you like to look at his/her back running all day :blush:

The thing with 3PP in the Bohemia engine is it was included as a crutch for rookie players, because in OpF if you stuck your head out the ai was going to nail you, pretty much instantly. It was very unforgiving. That's why people started making ballistic dispersion mods for the ai. Oddly enough we now have this sort of artificial dispersion on players in DayZ.

When you got better and cranked up the difficulty 3PP and other easy mode options went away.

Regards.

Edited by Romeo Foxtrot

It was hicks that said that he thought 3pp were missing out. Also, its worth noting that the trailer for dayz never features any parts in 3pp, but has lots of scenes from the 1pp.

I just realized that with 3PP disabled I can set the Field of View as low as I want xD

Now I don't need a scope for ranges up to 400. 1st person servers are awesome :]

I like the feeling of Playing on First person only servers, like others have said, it levels the playing field and forces people to look around and pan more (Holding right alt.).

I agree the height thing throws me, feels like my eyes are shoulder height, instead of where they should be, and ladders seem to be my downfall (Pun intended.)  :P 

I like the feeling of Playing on First person only servers, like others have said, it levels the playing field and forces people to look around and pan more (Holding right alt.).

I agree the height thing throws me, feels like my eyes are shoulder height, instead of where they should be, and ladders seem to be my downfall (Pun intended.)  :P

Eyes are in the neck.

I don't know why tho. Maybe to stop 1st person exploits by peeking above the fence just with your forehead or something.

They should add some Arma 3 controls into the game. Controlling the way your character can lean up and down is very good in that game.

It makes 1st person in that game very good.

once they add vehicles you'll also realize you cant look around as good as you could in real life. for example in helis you cant look down off the to side as you could in real life.. same with vehicles and such.

If they could make the view more realistic, i'd be fine with it.

Edited by muggerfugger

once they add vehicles you'll also realize you cant look around as good as you could in real life. for example in helis you cant look down off the to side as you could in real life.. same with vehicles and such.

In my opinion this is good becouse it makes heli not so ovepowered.

Hi.

TrackIR

You will almost feel like your there.

Regards.

First person = The only person.

I recently went all first person. I love it.

• Like 1