Sidewinder24

Dyslecxi shows just how amazing 1PP only is in NEW video.

Lol, I'm not derailing the thread. Clearly this is in the video and I made it apparent. Third person is not the only issue here. I'm here to support a good DayZ. This video clearly shows another issue with 1PP only advocates. They are nitpickers who only want the game to support their playstyle. He never mentions once the zoom. Just like most 1PP advocates. I am introduced a new argument to the OLD 1pp vs 3pp threads. 

If you want DayZ to be hardcore by removing mechanics in the game then you need to start looking at the rest of them too. Derailing a thread? Naw, I'm refreshing it "brother". 

Both 1PP and 3PP have zoom. Only 3PP (as currently implemented) has xray vision.

I'm starting to think that these FP backers are liberals. I dont understand why you want it completely removed from the game? Servers have options. Pretty simple here if you like FP play on a FP only server. Don't ask for something to be removed because you don't like something. The stupidity on these forums over the last month has just skyrocketed

I play on both 1st and 3rd person servers and I would not dare to force my opinion on the player base.

To me it seems, that some of the 1st person elitist enjoy the game less knowing, there are 3rd person ON servers.

So what is really jimmie rustling material here, are certain players thinking they are better, then others.

I'm starting to think that these FP backers are liberals. I dont understand why you want it completely removed from the game? Servers have options. Pretty simple here if you like FP play on a FP only server. Don't ask for something to be removed because you don't like something. The stupidity on these forums over the last month has just skyrocketed

I want to play on 3PP servers without the exploit, like the majority of the playerbase.Til that happens, I'll stick to 1PP thanks, much better gameplay.

• Like 1

Both 1PP and 3PP have zoom. Only 3PP (as currently implemented) has xray vision.

Yes, I am aware. I am not saying keep third person view. I want them to remove third person view but that is not enough for me. First person view (AS IT IS) is not a good in my opinion. They need to postpone the removal of third person by polishing a first person system that WORKS. 

My point: Removing third person is not a good fix. You are removing a massive mechanic without polishing the other one. I AM ALL FOR removing it! I want DayZ to be nasty, gritty and realistic. Currently, first person does not offer that. It is clunky and obtuse! I see why you all want third person gone. I agree totally. I still don't believe it is a solution to the perspectives issues at hand however! 

Edited by The_Man

If you could show that my beard was exploitative and a detriment to other people, I could be persuaded. This type of reasoning and logic flies in the face of 3PP exploiters who scoff at incontrovertible facts, playing it off as, "Don't tell me what to do, la la la, not listening! Not listening!"

But that's the problem: they're telling us how we should play. No... not how we should... how we must. This is exactly the same type of self-important knobhead that fills up the WoW forums with incessant wailing that things must be done their way because any other way is.... (fill in the blank: exploitative, not in the spirit of the game, unfair on some players, exactly the wrong shade of pink, wah-wah-wah).

I do not deny that TPV can be exploited and I agree that some fix for the exploit should - in an ideal world - be found. But to advocate the excision of an entire type of play simply because "you" (and I don't mean you personally) don't like it is insanity of the first water. Point blank - if TPV was removed from the game I would want my money back. I do not like FPV, I have never liked FPV, FPV - in some games - makes me motion-sick (and DayZ is one of them), and I will never, ever play FPV except when in combat because it makes aiming easier.

Wait... isn't that an exploit? It's easier to aim at and hit a target in 1PP... perhaps we should petition to have that removed as well as 3PP. Then we could all bitch about how DayZ doesn't really work as a top-down isometric view game and everybody would be happy. Or we could, you know, pick a server that suits our style of play and stop trying to dictate how everyone else should play. Nah - that's too freaking easy. Then the whinging asshats would have nothing to complain about.... for about half-an-hour.

Edited by pa_foster
  • Like 2

But that's the problem: they're telling us how we should play. No... not how we should... how we must. This is exactly the same type of self-important knobhead that fills up the WoW forums with incessant wailing that things must be done their way because any other way is.... (fill in the blank: exploitative, not in the spirit of the game, unfair on some players, exactly the wrong shade of pink, wah-wah-wah).

I do not deny that TPV can be exploited and I agree that some fix for the exploit should - in an ideal world - be found. But to advocate the excision of an entire type of play simply because "you" (and I don't mean you personally) don't like it is insanity of the first water. Point blank - if TPV was removed from the game I would want my money back. I do not like FPV, I have never liked FPV, FPV - in some games - makes me motion-sick (and DayZ is one of them), and I will never, ever play FPV except when in combat because it makes aiming easier.

Wait... isn't that an exploit? It's easier to aim at and hit a target in 1PP... perhaps we should petition to have that removed as well as 3PP. Then we could all bitch about how DayZ doesn't really work as a top-down isometric view game and everybody would be happy. Or we could, you know, pick a server that suits our style of play and stop trying to dictate how everyone else should play. Nah - that's too freaking easy. Then the whinging asshats would have nothing to complain about.... for about half-an-hour.

I have always contended that you don't have to remove 3PP entirely. There is a difference between 3PP players and 3PP exploiters. They need to fix the exploit. So it sounds like you agree. Your position right now sounds akin to the Catholic church covering up and protecting abusive priests. You state that you also think it is a problem but fight tooth and nail to protect the people that give 3PP a bad name. Why not work with us to change it instead of against? Asking people to not exploit isn't really the same as telling them how they should play. By that logic you would have a problem with people who badmouth hackers and tell them not to hack.

Going by your theme that's one person's playstyle (not hacking) telling another person's playstyle (hacking) to stop.

Anyone fancy finding that treeline and making an ambushee viewpoint as they ran past him...I'd really be interested to actually see how obvious or not he was in that position :)

EDIT: And then compare it to the 3PP viewpoint at that stage

Thats what i was expecting him to make. A recreation with his buddies and all. 

If you want to play on an easily exploited 3PP server the mod version of the game is still around for you to go to.

There is also a FP server for you to play on. Maybe it will stop you from bitching so much.

I have always contended that you don't have to remove 3PP entirely. There is a difference between 3PP players and 3PP exploiters. They need to fix the exploit. So it sounds like you agree. Your position right now sounds akin to the Catholic church covering up and protecting abusive priests. You state that you also think it is a problem but fight tooth and nail to protect the people that give 3PP a bad name. Why not work with us to change it instead of against? Asking people to not exploit isn't really the same as telling them how they should play. By that logic you would have a problem with people who badmouth hackers and tell them not to hack.

Going by your theme that's one person's playstyle (not hacking) telling another person's playstyle (hacking) to stop.

You miss the point entirely. Hacking isn't exploiting game mechanics - hacking is actively breaking the game to fuck up another person's enjoyment of said game or to give yourself an unasailable advantage in terms of weapons loadout, ammo capacity, or super-human capabilities. Because they're sad little loners who can't play a game and win without exploiting scripts. That should make my position on hacking pretty clear even to you.

There are no servers where hacking is permitted as part of legitimate gameplay. Therefore telling a hacker to contain his puerile antics to an appropriate server would be a complete waste of time.

However, servers can be set to allow only FPV or to allow TPV - I presume that there exits the possibility to make a server TPV only? Therefore, telling those who feel that the ability to peer around corners and over the tops of a wall without being seen to restrict themselves to FPV servers and leave those who wish to play TPV to play on servers that allow that style is not only logical, it's the only answer to elitist prats who feel that their money somehow gives them a greater right to dictate how I play than my money gives me. Fine - I'll play FPV when said elitist prats pay me the cost of the game. Until then, I will play the way I want to play, exploit or no exploit.

As to your comment viz the Catholic Church, I find that extremely offensive and in complete bad taste on moral, personal and religious grounds. You should be fucking ashamed of yourself for equating the abuse of juveniles to the exploitation of a game mechanic. If your sense of perception viz-a-viz the game is that utterly screwed you, sirrah, need to take a long deep breath and examine your priorities. Shalom

• Like 1

I like 3PV.  Including the "exploit."  That exploit is just like real life.  Somebody watching you, and you don't know it.

Do you 1PV people actually think current 1PV is "realistic?"

Get real.

I like 3PV.  Including the "exploit."  That exploit is just like real life.  Somebody watching you, and you don't know it.

Get real.

LOL WTF.

Vicco, on 18 Jan 2014 - 4:50 PM, said:

snapback.png

Get real.

LOL WTF.

No, you know, like that power that all humans have to get next to a tall wall that you can't see over but somehow you can see over it?  And i agree, nothing is realistic about seeing out the front of your face only.

But seriously, Although I prefer 1pp, I won't say people can't use 3pp.  I'd like someone to say that, but I won't.  That way when you want to take a screenshot of your character, you have to find a mirror and take selfies.  Can f5 be duck face?  I'll take that to suggestions where it belongs.  

You miss the point entirely. Hacking isn't exploiting game mechanics - hacking is actively breaking the game to fuck up another person's enjoyment of said game or to give yourself an unasailable advantage in terms of weapons loadout, ammo capacity, or super-human capabilities. Because they're sad little loners who can't play a game and win without exploiting scripts. That should make my position on hacking pretty clear even to you.

What you just described there could easily be applied to 3PP enabled servers. As it is I can't join a 3PP server without other players having an "unassailable advantage" in terms of "super-human capabilities." I wouldn't mind playing in 3PP but unfortunately joining a server where that is possible puts me at an immediate, unavoidable disadvantage. 

Fix the exploitative nature of 3PP for both 1PP and 3PP enthusiasts.

In real life - especially in a ruined world - walls have holes, window glass is dirty.  There are a million places to set an ambush.

You 1PV guys don't like that.  You want a "fair fight."  A real shootout.  LMAO.

Hey, maybe somebody made that game.  It's not DayZ.

What you just described there could easily be applied to 3PP enabled servers. As it is I can't join a 3PP server without other players having an "unassailable advantage" in terms of "super-human capabilities." I wouldn't mind playing in 3PP but unfortunately joining a server where that is possible puts me at an immediate, unavoidable disadvantage. 

Wait a minute.  First fix the lighting, so an ambusher can conceal himself.  And let the ambusher dig in, and conceal himself with brush.

Real like, you know?

You want everybody in the open.  A good old fashioned shoot out.  Ain't gonna happen in this DayZ world. 

Sorry if it's hard, but that the way it is.  There are ways to avoid an ambush, but if a bullet is waiting with name on it, so be it. 

Wait a minute.  First fix the lighting, so an ambusher can conceal himself.  And let the ambusher dig in, and conceal himself with brush.

Real like, you know?

You want everybody in the open.  A good old fashioned shoot out.  Ain't gonna happen in this DayZ world. 

Sorry if it's hard, but that the way it is.  There are ways to avoid an ambush, but if a bullet is waiting with name on it, so be it. 

I don't know if it is English being your second language or what, but I have no fucking clue what you're going on about here or how it pertains to being able to look over and around 10 foot walls.

• Like 1

I don't know if it is English being your second language or what, but I have no fucking clue what you're going on about here or how it pertains to being able to look over and around 10 foot walls.

I was quite clear.  In a ruined world you can see through walls.  There are bricks missing, or wide cracks in the mortar joints. 

Window are dirty.  You can see out, but not in.  A sniper can cover himself with brush. 

In a real world, somebody can be watching you, and you can't see them.

I want DayZ to replicate that before it removes 3PV.

You don't want it real.

You want it easy.

I was quite clear.  In a ruined world you can see through walls.  There are bricks missing, or wide cracks in the mortar joints. 

Window are dirty.  You can see out, but not in.  A sniper can cover himself with brush. 

You don't want it real.

You want it easy.

Wow. Okay buddy. Whatever you say. I never said I want to remove 3PP and have zero understanding about why you brought up all that other shit. Good luck in life.

• Like 3

You don't want it real.

You want it easy.

I can't think of this as nothing but a troll, but I'll bite.

"Missing bricks", "dirty windows", "bushes", are all modeled in game, and a part from a two way mirror, or some kind of video camera setup, there is no way that you are not at risk at being spotted if you can see someone, all this is achievable regardless of perspective, the difference however, with third person view, you DO have a video camera style setup, except the camera is invisible, so there is nothing to be spot.

Stop confusing ones ability to "remain unseen" with "impossible to see", last I checked, there were no mirrors on the DayZ map(let alone one-way mirrors), and certainly no video cameras and display monitor, a part from that floating invisible eye in the sky that is the third person view.

"You don't want it real. You want it easy." <-- That is third person in a nutshell, it is easy, not realistic, right back at you.

• Like 1

You really have lost all sense of proportion, haven't you? Rains of cows and insta-kills, over-geared script-kiddies teleporting all over the map: this - to you - equates to the ability to be able to see around/over a wall when in cover? I mean, I could (just about) understand it if the game had gone gold and the exploit was still there but, dude, it's still a freaking Alpha release!

Of course you can join a 3PP server without being at an immediate, unavoidable disadvantage - it's called playing in third person. LOL you make it sound as though people who are playing TPV are doing something so complex it would make your brain explode to attempt it. Third person view is a legitimate part of the game, it's there - coded in - whether you like it or no. And, unfortunately, it does give an advantage - I'd like to see it removed but that may not be possible due to limitations in the game engine. Time will tell...

They're only lobbying for Dayz to kill 3pv because FP servers are almost never full coz most players dont wanna play that way. That's all this is...They don't care about the exploits. They dont want to admire dat ass too while they walk and they want more people playing their way

Edited by Highlander007

I can't think of this as nothing but a troll, but I'll bite.

"Missing bricks", "dirty windows", "bushes", are all modeled in game, and a part from a two way mirror, or some kind of video camera setup, there is no way that you are not at risk at being spotted if you can see someone, all this is achievable regardless of perspective, the difference however, with third person view, you DO have a video camera style setup, except the camera is invisible, so there is nothing to be spot.

Stop confusing ones ability to "remain unseen" with "impossible to see", last I checked, there were no mirrors on the DayZ map(let alone one-way mirrors), and certainly no video cameras and display monitor, a part from that floating invisible eye in the sky that is the third person view.

"You don't want it real. You want it easy." <-- That is third person in a nutshell, it is easy, not realistic, right back at you.

Look, I'll make it simple.  In "the real" world it's easy to conceal yourself.  It's an ambush world.  The arguments I've see from 1PV are "come out and fight."

Sorry, that's not "real world."  DayZ isn't open field military.  It's guys sneaking around and shooting you in the back.  If you allow that to happen to you, you get your chance only if he misses.  He has to come into the open to fire.  Up to you how you handle it.

Despite your contention, there are no missing bricks and dirty windows in DayZ.   Not one brick wall you see through.  Not one window you can be behind and not be seen.  Not one bush or brush pile near a house to conceal yourself.   Totally unlike the real world.  

3PV compensates for that.  Not perfectly, but 1PV is even more unreal.  1PV is better for teams of wannabe military and twitch shooters.  3PV keeps survivors alive. 

Or gets them killed if they're not cautious.

I'm not military.  So I want the advantages of concealment the real world would afford me.  Frankly wouldn't want to play without 3PV. 

Like I said, add in concealment mechanics, and I'd play 1PV.   As it is, I see no benefit to it.

Oh, I like looking at my ass, and I'm a sissy, so give up on that.

Edited by Vicco
  • Like 1

Just fix first person slightly and add "overlays" for when you wear glasses, masks and likewise (or make it optional for servers eventually). And / or give bonus effects to first person. Example: If you wear sunglasses then you can look up during the day and not get 214141241 rays in your face in 1st person.

Just examples on how to make it more interesting, immersive, realistic, whatever. While being optional. If both are enabled I like to mix, because both certainly have advantages. But also disadvantages.

• Like 1