rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

In this version, is the magazine for the automatic pistol a super rare item?

I've found 4 M4s, at least 6 FN45s and a dozen Magnums while I've been looking for one.

I have to agree with you. while I haven't found a single m4 also ^^ just magnum with muni, also fmx muni. but a magazin seems to be rare like hell :D

With all respect to the valued and revered devs, I don't think much of some of the additions you and your team are working on so hard, Rocket, when we are still waiting on much more important things to be added and fixed which you could be spending your time better on. Every time I see violet cargo pants ingame and no cars, no zombie loot, I die a little. I would really like 4 things to be done in the 34 update that can do a lot for base gameplay.

Read my signature.

Arts/Designers make new items

Programmers make new functionality.

So while the programmers are working on the things you suggest, the artists and designers work on making new items. Otherwise they would be doing nothing.

Common sense I`d say?

Read my signature.

Zombie damage indicator would need to be visually indicated, like arms falling off or becoming useless and flesh ripping off. Otherwise you lose immersion. At least I hope that's what you mean, because if you want a health bar on top of zombies' heads maybe DayZ isn't the game for you.

Also beta is late 2014. Have a nice cup of tea and roll with the developments. I'm sure if you were providing such awesomely constructive criticism as you seem to think you are, you'd have been insta-recruited by the dev team because *omg he's right, cars!!!1!*

I have to agree with you. while I haven't found a single m4 also ^^ just magnum with muni, also fmx muni. but a magazin seems to be rare like hell :D

Finally found a magazine, after finding two pristine M4s and 2 magnums.

Now the search starts for a pristine ACOG Optics... Not seen one of them since the refresh.

Finally found a magazine, after finding two pristine M4s and 2 magnums.

Now the search starts for a pristine ACOG Optics... Not seen one of them since the refresh.

I still haven't found one xD Well I got a pristine ACOG but no M4 :D

With all respect to the valued and revered devs, I don't think much of some of the additions you and your team are working on so hard, Rocket, when we are still waiting on much more important things to be added and fixed which you could be spending your time better on. Every time I see violet cargo pants ingame and no cars, no zombie loot, I die a little. I would really like 4 things to be done in the 34 update that can do a lot for base gameplay.

Read my signature.

Jw2lLAQ.jpg

If you had spent even half the time reading about the development than you have posting requests for them you would know exactly why it will be at least several months away before any vehicle is implemented.

Read my signature.

It has stated now numerous times that different devs are working on different things. Engine related bugs are being worked on by the few programmers which know the engine, while map designers  and artists are working on their stuff etc etc. Stopping the artists and maps designers doing their things would not make the process of engine bug fixing go faster !!

Beside that it is easier to add and BALLANCE new items and mechanics carefully, step by step than to do maybe one big update including tons of new stuff.

Last but not least stop being selfish....there are a lot of people out there enyoying to find new itmes since this is also huge part of the game.

Don't know if this has been posted before....but what happened to my beloved Zluta drinks  ? Are they all gone ??

• Like 2

Rubber banding is still l occurring frequently. Players on my screen are also lagging allllll over the place. Through walls, disappearing, etc. Confirmed with people I play with. Pretty serious issue. It is indeed and alpha however I hope the devs realize their patches are not fixing what they are hoping to fix. The game performs much much better now too. Much higher frames at higher settings.

i have the same problem and is due to desync :(

Arts/Designers make new items
Programmers make new functionality.

So while the programmers are working on the things you suggest, the artists and designers work on making new items. Otherwise they would be doing nothing.

Common sense I`d say?

So why aren't the artists and designers making basics like car models and adding "car parts" and "jerrycans" to the game that are going to be needed for when cars are added? They will initially be useless, just like screwdrivers etc. at the moment, but no more useless than violet cargo pants or multiple types of shoe colour, and will allow faster addition of cars as the programmers get to implementing them. As for gore sprays on hit and zombie loot drop, I can't see that taking that long for the programmers to bring together. Wall clipping is the other thing, the one which would take up time, but is needed more than fixes to things like holsters, magnums, etcetera which are all essentially reskins of current functional items. So the spare programmers who aren't working on server functionality and people losing their characters, and are instead working out these item bugs, could be tackling more serious and gameplay functionalities. At the moment, the priority still seems to be cosmetic rather than gameplay related, and that doesn't sound like common sense to me.

Zombie damage indicator would need to be visually indicated, like arms falling off or becoming useless and flesh ripping off. Otherwise you lose immersion. At least I hope that's what you mean, because if you want a health bar on top of zombies' heads maybe DayZ isn't the game for you.

No, I mean a better melee damage indicator via a bigger, better gore spray on a successful melee hit, because often it's hard to tell when you land a blow with one of the weaker weapons or with your fists, but limbs falling off is also a great idea [although a little weird if the arm falls off because you hit them in the head].

Also beta is late 2014. Have a nice cup of tea and roll with the developments. I'm sure if you were providing such awesomely constructive criticism as you seem to think you are, you'd have been insta-recruited by the dev team because *omg he's right, cars!!!1!*

Wow, you're just the funniest. I'm just asking for even a sliver of developer priority given to these basic things before they move on to everything else, and trying to get support for such a thing. Of course, hilariously sarcastic jerks like you aren't helping.

Jw2lLAQ.jpg

If you had spent even half the time reading about the development than you have posting requests for them you would know exactly why it will be at least several months away before any vehicle is implemented.

For a start, an image macro half the size of the page does not count as a valid response. I have read the development plans and Rocket's AMAs and seen the planned architectures, and I would just like them to give us an advance on the vehicles one so we get a few models of basic, repairable cars, even if they don't follow physics to the T- that can be worked out later, as long as we get the gameplay mechanism sooner. I don't care if cars crash upon even brushing walls because of bad physics, I don't care if they only have two or three models, and I don't care if they don't let you shoot while inside them. I can live without that for a while: I just want a simple rectangular thing, with required fuel and parts, which 2 people can get into and which I can hit 60 km/h in. Surely they can spare some time from the other scheduled things [like weapon attachments and crafting] to just horn in the most basic car possible.

It has stated now numerous times that different devs are working on different things. Engine related bugs are being worked on by the few programmers which know the engine, while map designers  and artists are working on their stuff etc etc. Stopping the artists and maps designers doing their things would not make the process of engine bug fixing go faster !!

Beside that it is easier to add and BALLANCE new items and mechanics carefully, step by step than to do maybe one big update including tons of new stuff.

Last but not least stop being selfish....there are a lot of people out there enyoying to find new itmes since this is also huge part of the game.

Please learn to word your posts better. I know different developers are working on different things- that's pretty obvious. Adding violet pants is not anything that constitutes balance, and realistic games often don't factor balance in as much anyway due to the random nature of real life, which is not a game. 'm not being selfish. You are, by hunting for beans by hating on people.

No, I mean a better melee damage indicator via a bigger, better gore spray on a successful melee hit, because often it's hard to tell when you land a blow with one of the weaker weapons or with your fists, but limbs falling off is also a great idea [although a little weird if the arm falls off because you hit them in the head].

Wow, you're just the funniest. I'm just asking for even a sliver of developer priority given to these basic things before they move on to everything else, and trying to get support for such a thing. Of course, hilariously sarcastic jerks like you aren't helping.

For a start, an image macro half the size of the page does not count as a valid response. I have read the development plans and Rocket's AMAs and seen the planned architectures, and I would just like them to give us an advance on the vehicles one so we get a few models of basic, repairable cars, even if they don't follow physics to the T- that can be worked out later, as long as we get the gameplay mechanism sooner. I don't care if cars crash upon even brushing walls because of bad physics, I don't care if they only have two or three models, and I don't care if they don't let you shoot while inside them. I can live without that for a while: I just want a simple rectangular thing, with required fuel and parts, which 2 people can get into and which I can hit 60 km/h in. Surely they can spare some time from the other scheduled things [like weapon attachments and crafting] to just horn in the most basic car possible.

Please learn to word your posts better. I know different developers are working on different things- that's pretty obvious. Adding violet pants is not anything that constitutes balance, and realistic games often don't factor balance in as much anyway due to the random nature of real life, which is not a game. 'm not being selfish. You are, by hunting for beans by hating on people.

Look, mate, you are essentially an alpha tester. You bought the game to test it, not to play it to its full potential right away. You had warnings in Steam before buying, you have a warning in the game every time you start it. If you think you know how to make a game better than the developers, go ahead and make a bloody game. The developers have already set their priorities and those are based on actual knowledge about how to make a game. They are not making a game for a certain bobotype3434 to enjoy right now. They are making a game that can be enjoyed at its fullest as soon as possible, but without any game breaking bugs. If they follow your posts and add vehicles right now, they might come up with certain issues. And, of course, the alpha testers would be testing something that is not really needed to be tested (the basic cars which are not final, like you said. Why would they add something placeholder if there's no need for it?).

The developers are developers for a reason. They know what they're doing, so stop being selfish and look at the bigger picture here. If you think you can make a better game, I encourage you to do so. 

So why aren't the artists and designers making basics like car models and adding "car parts" and "jerrycans" to the game that are going to be needed for when cars are added?

Because they're adding much needed clothing and buildings?

The way the "stuffed" status seems to work in this update isn't final, I hope?

Being stuffed should lead to getting the "nauseous" status if you eat or drink 2-3 more times. Being nauseous should lead to vomiting if you eat or drink anything. Auto-vomiting when you get full just isn't how the human body works, and I assume the devs know this. Unless we're all 13-year-old bulimics?

One of these is needed again for the many idiots on here...

The developers are adding more content so that by time the beta or release come then all content will be in the game and all will be bug free. This allows the developers to add content and repair or work on previous and present bugs, as opposed to working on bugs, adding content, then working on content bugs.

IT'S A FASTER PROCESS, VEHICLES ARE NOT IMPORTANT.

Auto-vomiting when you get full just isn't how the human body works, and I assume the devs know this. Unless we're all 13-year-old bulimics?

Even though everything is pretty much a placeholder still; go eat as much as you can, and now push yourself to eat more, see what happens.

Edited by orlok
slight font reduction. for my eyes
  • Like 2

Look, mate, you are essentially an alpha tester. You bought the game to test it, not to play it to its full potential right away. You had warnings in Steam before buying, you have a warning in the game every time you start it. If you think you know how to make a game better than the developers, go ahead and make a bloody game. The developers have already set their priorities and those are based on actual knowledge about how to make a game. They are not making a game for a certain bobotype3434 to enjoy right now. They are making a game that can be enjoyed at its fullest as soon as possible, but without any game breaking bugs. If they follow your posts and add vehicles right now, they might come up with certain issues. And, of course, the alpha testers would be testing something that is not really needed to be tested (the basic cars which are not final, like you said. Why would they add something placeholder if there's no need for it?).

The developers are developers for a reason. They know what they're doing, so stop being selfish and look at the bigger picture here. If you think you can make a better game, I encourage you to do so. 

Look, buddy mcChumbo, I don't need you to ejaculate the usual "it's an alpha" response, and so will respond: I don't want everything straight away, I just want the basics before the cosmetics. That's what you don't seem to get, possibly because you don't read and assume telling me it's an alpha is enough to make you look cool. I would like to point out, seeing as I read your post [the opposite of what you did to mine] that you told me to make my own, better game, not once but twice. I'll get back to you when I have a large dev team, a publisher, and many many $30 transactions. In the meantime, I will continue to make suggestions on a forum dedicated to such things to the people who have my money and are currently using it to make violet pants variants. Did you just ask "why would they add something placeholder if there's no need for it"? Did you even play the game, which is full of items with no current practical use at all like screwdrivers, rope and unopenable containers?

But what baffles me the most is the accusation of selfishness. Basic cars, zombie loot drop, hit indicators and clipping fixes would benefit everyone instantly, not just me, which is what "selfish" would actually mean-doing things only for yourself.

In fact, I see your criticism to a person proposing ideas as just hunting for beans from likeminded critics, and that is a true selfish action. Maybe you need to look at the bigger picture yourself.

Because they're adding much needed clothing and buildings?

Wow, much needed. I'm sure that violet cargo pants, 4 different kinds of shoe recolour, and children's backpacks [all of which have currently zero effect on gameplay] are entirely urgent m8. I'm sure that more buildings is the urgent thing in a 225km2 map full of buildings. These are both far more important than making players have a reason to kill or fear zombies in, you know, an apocalyptic zombie survival game. Burgundy leather shoes are vital, and vehicles are trivial.

I'm tired and you made me giggle.

One of these is needed again for the many idiots on here...

The developers are adding more content so that by time the beta or release come then all content will be in the game and all will be bug free. This allows the developers to add content and repair or work on previous and present bugs, as opposed to working on bugs, adding content, then working on content bugs.

IT'S A FASTER PROCESS, VEHICLES ARE NOT IMPORTANT.

Lovely text size. Looks like you're overcompensating for something to me. Anyway, thanks for the insult. But vehicles are important, and they're more important than nearly all of the items they're making at the moment to players. Even a basic, unrefined vehicle addition will do wonders for gameplay, which is why it would be excellent if they could just skip the fancy physics, collision smash damage models, 80 colour variants etc and just add that later, like the other cosmetics that can wait.

Generally, your statement makes little sense. What I gathered was: Developers are adding content to get ready for beta. Adding content is bad because it generates bugs, so we save those for beta. However, your statement doesn't come into line with what the devs are actually doing: Working on bugs, adding content and working on content bugs is exactly what they're doing now! So where exactly is your point?

Also, remember to spell correctly if you're going to jack the font up to over 9000. *comes

Edited by orlok
font size reduction, HUGE!

I will continue to make suggestions on a forum dedicated to such things to the people who have my money 

Then do it by creating your own thread under the suggestions heading: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/128-suggestions/

That's what it's there for. This isn't the "shout from the mountaintops" thread. 

• Like 1

i posted this in the experimental patch thread but ill post it here again:

i don´t really get the " WE NEED VEHICLES QQ" kids...

do they think that they will spawn, see a car, hop into it and drive around ???

did they ever play the vanilla mod ? do they have ANY idea how hard it was and will be to find a car AND repair it ??

i remember when we (3ppl) found our first car and tried to repair it. it took us HOURS to get the parts to the car and repair it.

when we did repair it we were shot after driving it for 5mins because everybody hears you from miles away.

the tears when cars are introduced to the SA will be hilarious. i am so looking forward to the rage / QQ threads :)

• Like 2

Then do it by creating your own thread under the suggestions heading: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/128-suggestions/

That's what it's there for. This isn't the "shout from the mountaintops" thread. 

Yes, that's where all garbage ideas go. Unfortunately, forum admins aren't doing their job and keeping patch update topics clean of it, so out of 128 pages in this thread there are like 100 pages of irrelevant spam.

Lovely text size. Looks like you're overcompensating for something to me. Anyway, thanks for the insult. But vehicles are important, and they're more important than nearly all of the items they're making at the moment to players. Even a basic, unrefined vehicle addition will do wonders for gameplay, which is why it would be excellent if they could just skip the fancy physics, collision smash damage models, 80 colour variants etc and just add that later, like the other cosmetics that can wait.

Generally, your statement makes little sense. What I gathered was: Developers are adding content to get ready for beta. Adding content is bad because it generates bugs, so we save those for beta. However, your statement doesn't come into line with what the devs are actually doing: Working on bugs, adding content and working on content bugs is exactly what they're doing now! So where exactly is your point?

Also, remember to spell correctly if you're going to jack the font up to over 9000. *comes

Oh wow, so cool with the "overcompensating" statement; because font ALWAYS means you're overcompensating for something.

Alas, if you're going to resort to "spell correctly" due to one short letter, then here you go. *Color, *game-play, *developers.

Overall, the point is that what everybody is asking for is to fix some core bugs when they might very easily break again in the future with content.

Now, why don't you become mature and construct a sentence without talking about penis sizes and forgotten spelling..

Also, completely wrong with my statement, I am not saying they should or are holding content off until beta.

Skip fancy physics? Don't be an idiot.

Edited by ColinM9991

I don't see what your problem is, we're getting to play alongside what would most likely be a closed testing period for the DayZ team, why is it so difficult to understand we are currently playing the Alpha build? 

I for one am VERY VERY VERY content with just being able to play the standalone version even in its very early stage. If you can't accept that go on play the mod or take a break until whatever you're waiting for is implemented, good day sir.