rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

So glad rocket is adding Important things to the game that make a huge game breaking change instead of little things that isn't needed because that would be silly.

Seriously why bother adding trivial things such as spray paint. Ok cool,i understand making home made bombs which is a pretty cool thing to be able to makeshift bombs,Ammo and weapons in general but why not work on shit that actually builds a community and allows people to actually enjoy the game such as you know hmmmm maybe adding ways to store items you know those normally pointy/dome shaped things that you camp in.

Spray paint : Change your Nagant from perfect wood to pink : Purpose = Show you're retarded and should never own a vintage gun in real life.

Storage : Store items and give people purpose going north and scavenging gear and being able to save items, Lowering people killing noobies on the shore, more threats in land.

Honestly there is no reason to play this game at the moment besides for playing with a few friends " Which still has no real Longevity to the game", Killing fresh spawns for shits and giggles because lets face it why go in land when you can get pimped at Bolota and have no way to store gear inland. And or im sure a lot of peoples favourite Stream Sniping. While yes this is an alpha you have to remember that this game took 2 years to make and it has probably 15% more things than ArmA 2 DayZ, "While this part i am not entirely 100% on" People say it is a Modified ArmA 2 Engine Or ArmA 3 engine. As a paying customer i have every right to bitch about a game as you don't go to a restaurant order a medium rare steak and get a well done one and not have the right to complain.

Which that said i enjoy the game as a whole and it shows much promise with the rate of patches and content but why do we get half arsed patches with content that impacts the game very little to not at all, Spray painting guns sure but how about adding stuff such as vehicles, tents, more than 2 guns.

TL:DR Stop praising rocket for doing half arsed patches with little to no real impact on the game if you keep doing this you are saying to rocket " Yes we enjoy no real content, Please give me more useless shit".

Do you not understand that the guns/paint guys are not the same people as the driving mechanics/ rubberbanding/ random death bug guys? Or are you just the Usless s@#t.

Srsly could you just make this game playable? And i'm not stating the bugs and glitches. But what i mean is to make it easier... As it was before i had a REALLY hard time to find weapons. And now you lower the spawns even more? like wtf.. Instead of making the game harder and harder so its completely unplayable. Make so servers can change the spawnrates and such. I want higher spawnrates of items. I want to be able to find them better. Highlight them as WarZ does. Actually do everything WarZ does. But don't do the shit that makes the game shit. Because i really love the part of zombie survival game. But  i want to play cacual and not having to fucking be on my edge and waste so much time finding stuff. I want to jump in. Spawn. Go to a fire station and find a m4 or just a handgun with ammo. And then i'm good to go. Not waste 1-2 hours running from waay up from electro to balota to find nothing than cans of food and rotten oranges..

DayZ is not for you, it would seem... i'm not even trying to be a smartass.

• Like 13

o_o The whole adventure of the game is taking it slow; surviving and gradually finding what you need to make your life easier. In alpha, this is way too easy and you can find a Mosin or M4 with one sweep of a city.

Edited by cossacksman

DayZ is not for you, it would seem... i'm not even trying to be a smartass.

But it is. I like everything about the game. Apart from the time wasting and difficulty of it. 

But it is. I like everything about the game. Apart from the time wasting and difficulty of it. 

Honestly, most of us are finding it far too easy at this point. It has a very steep learning curve and then it's plain sailing once you to grips with it.

What are you struggling with?

Edit: Actually, after reading your last post I'm afraid to say that it does just sound like this game isn't really for you. It isn't a "casual" game that you can hop on for half an hour and get geared up. It's a survival simulator.

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 12

I am struggling with the fact that I have nothing to struggle with...

• Like 4

Srsly could you just make this game playable? And i'm not stating the bugs and glitches. But what i mean is to make it easier... As it was before i had a REALLY hard time to find weapons. And now you lower the spawns even more? like wtf.. Instead of making the game harder and harder so its completely unplayable. Make so servers can change the spawnrates and such. I want higher spawnrates of items. I want to be able to find them better. Highlight them as WarZ does. Actually do everything WarZ does. But don't do the shit that makes the game shit. Because i really love the part of zombie survival game. But  i want to play cacual and not having to fucking be on my edge and waste so much time finding stuff. I want to jump in. Spawn. Go to a fire station and find a m4 or just a handgun with ammo. And then i'm good to go. Not waste 1-2 hours running from waay up from electro to balota to find nothing than cans of food and rotten oranges..

I think you just need to get good.

Edited by Shiggy
  • Like 7

You like zombie shooters, then :)

DayZ is mostly about the struggle of surviving, i.e. not finding anything and litterally never being safe.

The concept of permadeath would be ridiculous if it only takes 10 mins to get geared.. that way you might as well spawn with your gear, saving an extra 10 mins and eliminating the need to be careful at all, making it basically a slow-paced FPS without a scoreboard.

The game is 10% shooting and 90% looking for stuff/people while running.

• Like 4

great b8 i r8 it 8/8

• Like 2

Not trollin but maybe try RUST it seems more user friendly than Dayz and has a smaller map and everything you described about why dayz is bad in your opinion is what makes dayz great to most of the Dayz community.

Dayz is more for people who want the game to have a challenging rewarding experience, you're not supposed to be like hey i'm geared in 15 - 20 minute's you're meant to be trying to survive as long as possible and searching every nook for an edge.

Edited by twingunz

LYzclqF.jpg

• Like 5

I guess you forgot that it's an Alpha.

What spawnrates are you referring to? By my knowledge there is no loot re-spawn yet. So yeah...

This game isn't all about weapons, it's about surviving and you can do that just fine without a non-melee weapon. I've seen plenty people that had an m4/mosin and still lost to someone that only use his fists. 

If you find it hard to get/weapons then change your strategy. Run to someone for example and hit him twice on the head and he goes K.O. (Of course you will need to do some planning first, like look for the best spot to do so etc)

The game as it is, really isn't THAT hard and I don't hope that they make it easier. It's not supposed to be easy. If something like this would happen in real life it wouldn't be easy either.

" I want to jump in. Spawn. Go to a fire station and find a m4 or just a handgun with ammo. And then i'm good to go. Not waste 1-2 hours running from waay up from electro to balota to find nothing than cans of food and rotten oranges.."

I'm so glad that it isn't easy as that. Think bout it as it would be in real life: Why would fire stations or hospitals have weapons?

Running 1-2 hours from Electro to Bolota? Exaggerate more please... You can run from the coast to NW airfield in about 30-45min so please...

Maybe a suggestion would be to look at how other people play:

For example this guy: www.twitch.tv/lirik

Stream starts around 5pm GMT. I'm also new to DayZ, but I really learned a lot by watching people like him play.

I would think the problem that Matt mentioned could be fixed somewhat quickly, but then again I have assumed one thing about functionality fixes for software and have been dead wrong after looking into them. I wish the team luck in getting it fixed today!

• Like 1

Starving really? I don't think berries will help you mate. If you're starving you clearly are having trouble playing the game. Food and drink are extremely easy to find.

Of course food and drink are easy to find on 2/40 servers.  Join a real server and you might not be so pompous.

Of course food and drink are easy to find on 2/40 servers.  Join a real server and you might not be so pompous.

If you stay off the coast you'll have no problems in 40/40 servers.

• Like 12

Join a full server and go north, quite easy to gear up when 30 out of 40 people are in balota-cherno-elektro.

Small towns are gold mines if you actually want to survive and not TDM.

• Like 4

I say this is troll-speak. Two posts then this?

If this isn't troll-speak, I apologize. If this is the case, I don't think anybody in the community thats worth being in the community really wants you here. WarZ, I mean---are you for real?

If you think the game is too hard, scram kid---your bothering everybody. I personally think it should be harder. Weapons and ammo are too easy to find. Hall said ammo would be rare like in The Road, sofa ammo is everywhere.

• Like 3

I say this is troll-speak. Two posts then this?

If this isn't troll-speak, I apologize. If this is the case, I don't think anybody in the community thats worth being in the community really wants you here. WarZ, I mean---are you for real?

If you think the game is too hard, scram kid---your bothering everybody. I personally think it should be harder. Weapons and ammo are too easy to find. Hall said ammo would be rare like in The Road, sofa ammo is everywhere.

REALLY  hope it is a troll, no one can really be this bad or stupid. If it isn't, then this guy had really ruffled my feathers.

• Like 3

Here you go:

29ws6iv.jpg

Edited by hard2say
  • Like 8

Looking forward to this patch, and many more to come.

Running 1-2 hours from Electro to Bolota? Exaggerate more please... You can run from the coast to NW airfield in about 30-45min so please...

Actually, the run from Electro/Cherno all the way to NWAF only takes about 12 minutes if you SPRINT, weapons holstered...

Sure, you won't be slowing down to scout your surroundings or nothing, just a straightup reckless run, but still!

People tend to think this map is sooooooo gigantic.

Matter of fact, its smaller than some of BF's large maps...

Would sure be awesome if SA also featured a 4x larger map etc, but I'm not too picky about that. It's fine as is for now.

qYBYs5c.gif

Are you serious?

Edited by lets4dead
  • Like 2

For real? The game at this point is as easy as taking a piss. What are you talking about? You describe it like an ideal model of DayZ for me. But it's not. 

Maybe the game is not for you. 

• Like 1