rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

You're asking a small team of developers, who have built a game from the ground up non-stop for the past year, who have traveled all over Europe trying to remake the map, doing MoCap, interviews, and a lot of other events to make more progress when the game has only been out for 2 months? I am actually quite happy with their current progress. In all honesty, I feel Dean really needs a huge break. I mean, he was away from his home for a good 80% of the game's development. I hate it how people got mad at the guy just for taking a break during Christmas. People need to learn he's not a computer that can run for as long as people want him to. He's a human being. Give the guy a rest and be glad he didn't abandon the damn game half way through.

Dean was warned about the infeasibility of the ARMA engine for a game like DayZ. I'm sure he is working his ass off, and that he is a very nice person, but again that does not invalidate the point about the obvious lack of progress the last 1.5 years, despite BI having become multi-millionaires (I dont' know what Dean's cut is).

• Like 1

If only cowboy hat existed. Are you oceana or America or Europe or were?

America, all jokes aside, if you do want to come on my epoch server you can, I wont kill people as admin, rule on my server if your an admin.  I play that when Im not playing Stand alone.

So is it available yet? It's like 6pm here in Aussie. That's Mon-day btw. And no it's not wed-nes-day max.

Cle-ver b-o-y

Do you have missions? Btw the sun is rising on a great Tuesday morning before a great dayz patch.

Edited by spartan54820

Dean was warned about the infeasibility of the ARMA engine for a game like DayZ. I'm sure he is working his ass off, and that he is a very nice person, but again that does not invalidate the point about the obvious lack of progress the last 1.5 years, despite BI having become multi-millionaires (I dont' know what Dean's cut is).

I have to agree with shadow, he has worked his ass off the last year and a half.  I mean to go from working a mod, trying to keep everyone happy, interviews, all that, I am happy with the progress.  What's a few more days?  BI needs to hire people with the money they made off this game, rework the Arma engine entirely.  Fix Arma 3 and DayZ and focus on them as their titles.  I would look toward hiring big name guys to come to BI.  If BI wants to stay on top they have to do this.  Look at all their games, they take arma and rework it and call it a new game when really it's not.  They need more depth. 

Do you have missions?

We had them, we got to place them back in after the 1.3.1 update, on epoch, We do have NPC's roaming around.  Bases you can loot.  Stuff like that. 

YOU CAN TEST THE PATCH AT 21 O CLOCK. (GERMANY)

EDIT: DON´T FORGET, GO STEAM -> DAY Z -> SETTINGS -> BETAS -> SWITCH TO BETA -> START GAME AND UPDATE

Edited by WilliamSurvive

Arma 3 is ok but lag on some mods is incredible. Cars look nice and I really don't like how there are dayz mods for it, the maps just aren't suited for it.

Arma 3 is ok but lag on some mods is incredible. Cars look nice and I really don't like how there are dayz mods for it, the maps just aren't suited for it.

Alot of it are memory leaks in the engine.  I see it being admin for 173rd Milsim unit.  Were always reworking the game.  Stuff like that needs to be fixed.  BI needs to actually test the game fully and wait to release.  Like what dean did with DayZ.  Wait until the game is in a running state.  We have all seen this first hand, the guys that scream for the game to come out then when they have the game, complain when the game has bugs.  Well don't scream to release it before it's ready.  I love BI but BI has to fix these issues. and it alarms me because over the past year they have become worse and worse about it. 

Ehr.. is you high? WTF are you rambling about?

Let me lay it out a bit so even you can understand: Currently alot of hitboxes are wrong (too large, misaligned e t c) which means that you hit a wall or the ground even when the LOS is clear of the object.

Yes, run away in shame now...

This coming from a d-bag that can't even get a simple IMG tag in his signature to work.

They deserve it, indeed! I played through (almost ruined) the entire Christmas, and I was astonished I got updates every second day or so. A big thanks to the team for making me waste 80 hours! Ah well, time you enjoy wasting is not wasted. Looking forward to future updates.

Just one thing, Dean, don't give us any fancy HUD or skill tree as people are suggesting. It is survival for a reason, I don't want to know my blood and hunger in numbers. We don't see those things IRL, and we shouldn't in here either. So far the system for ("subliminal" messaging) telling the state of yourself is great and the saturation/blurriness is a perfect measure for me. It helps on the immersion.

The only thing I can justify is a statistic over how many you have helped and how many hours you've survived on the current character, it would be nice, gives you a right of bragging I guess. But then the bandit would need a statistic as well, to make it fair. Damn.

But know this, I have nothing but trust in that you will make this one of my favorite games of all time, after the Half-Life series, of course.

Interesting that I haven't picked up on that, means FAT (as in foods) in Norway but is also used the same way if things are awesome (FETT). Weird that I've never heard it used by a German before, or maybe I have, then forgot about it... Well, I agree, it is indeed fett that this update is coming and is so filled with new things to do.

I guess some want their tacticoolness. And the more customization ingame, the more easily it will get to spot "badasses".

Couldn't have said it any better.

it's the so-called "Happening" bug. ppl uncontrollably climb ladders to roofs and jump to their death. hence server gets clustered with dead bodies.

hot-fix code "Mr.Plow" is imminent.

Nope what I'm saying is the town is already there and isn't that great. And it already has more than two bars. I guess you haven't been there .Yup, thought so

I was joking about the bars but if you want to be a weirdo about it, I have been there, in fact, it's the first place I went after I geared up on release day. 

The town is actually extra amazing now because it's a free for all as far as loot is concerned. 

It will be the best town in the game. 

it's the so-called "Happening" bug. ppl uncontrollably climb ladders to roofs and jump to their death. hence server gets clustered with dead bodies.

hot-fix code "Mr.Plow" is imminent.

"The Janitor"

With all due respect, and I'm sure it has been stated here before but I'm too bloody lazy to read through them all, this is not what is needed.

In order of relevance:

1. Performance

2. Performance

3. Hit boxes and wall/object glitching (inluding zeds running straight through a house..)

4. Private hives and/or VIP slots

These are fundamental implementations that is WAY more important than back pack inception problems.

The back pack inception problem was causing servers to crash and many other performance issues when done over and over so I think it was a large problem.

• Like 4

I can't update my version to 4343, it's 4008, it's not downloadning anything when I chaange it to beta in steam options

I can't update my version to 4343, it's 4008, it's not downloadning anything when I chaange it to beta in steam options

why can't you just wait?

• Like 1

I cant find Expiremental Branch

[sTEAM] -> DayZ -> Properties -> Betas -> Select Beta.... : experimental - Preview testing version

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 2

Just a suggestion. I think clothing should all be with the same amount of slots available on them for example all pants 6 slots all shirts 2 all jackets 4 or 6 etc etc the difference would be on the damage they have, for example a pristine pants/shorts/6,  damaged/4, Broken/2 something like that otherwise ppl is running around with the same clothing. no one will be on jeans ever !!

Well its just a suggestion.