1S1K-Airborne

We NEED some way to identify heros and bandits.

"Uhmm excuse me sir, could you give me your steam name so i can put a red dot next to your name in case you kill me"

Sure. Its DrinkMyBootySweat , add me pls and add a couple of those red dots 

Edited by Just4yoke
  • Like 1

Stop sucking at staying alive.

This should appear on the death screen of everyone who suggests some stupid "godsight" in the game to identify bandits...

• Like 1

Like i said, you can always ask a guy for his steam name and then write it down and then if you see him kill someone add a red dot next to him and next time you see him you will know he killed someone.

Here you go, make your own sistem like that, you should be satisfied... 

Please tell me that you were making a joke.

So I'm supposed to follow a guy around.

Wait for him to murder someone.

Get close enough so I can voice chat.

Hope and pray he doesn't shoot at me.

Kindly ask his STEAM NAME.

Mark a dot down next to a list of 100 other Steam names.

Reference my chart frequently, and always ask someone's Steam name before I shoot them.

This is what ruins the DayZ community........... *facepalm*

• Like 1

Everyone wins......

Except the person who doesn't want you to magically know they're a "bad guy" for no logical reason whatsoever. They obviously lose.

What if I want to pretend I'm a good guy for awhile to win your trust and later betray you?

You know, that thing that Dean said was his favorite thing that happened in the mod?

It would be impossible under your system.

No skins. If you know how someone behaves the moment you see them, there will be far fewer interactions with people. Less tension, less relief, less emotion. That takes away the entire point of the game.

this here +1000

No, but you could use a system like the one I propose here to remember them without their permission and use that information to make decisions later.

You know, like use your actual human eyes and brain to make choices instead of asking Dean to make all the naughty folks wear bright pink tutu's so you don't have to.

It's ruined?

*looks around*

Seems okay to me.

• Like 1

This should appear on the death screen of everyone who suggests some stupid "godsight" in the game to identify bandits...

It isn't a neon sign, or a giant red arrow.  Thanks for repeatedly misconstruing what I'm staying.

It's a SMALL indicator of bandit and hero status.  Visible only if you can actually get close enough to see it, or a little further away with optics.  If you were 100 meters away in a treeline, and the person actually can't SEE you, they can't SEE a small armband on your arm.  It wouldn't glow, or give names, or appear like magic above someone.

And if you're not going to be a bandit, why do you even care?  If you're just trying to medic everyone, and run away from conflicts, why do you care?

Hall revealed that his favorite story was that of the black widow. "There was this girl who would send out an SOS message over global chat by voice, so guys could tell she was a girl, saying she needed help in a church," he said. "So the guys would come in and she would shoot them and loot their bodies, and he'd post the videos of it on the internet. That to me was just brilliant."

there you go, so no we will not see face masks or arm bands or anything stupid like that, this is a world where you take your chances, trust or dont. thats how the game is and will be.  so get over it

It isn't a neon sign, or a giant red arrow.  Thanks for repeatedly misconstruing what I'm staying.

It is the equivalent of those things. If you can see it form hundreds of meters away and immediately identify someone as "bad" then it might as well be either of those things, or a dunce cap, or a Santa Hat, or how about Dean's soft, soothing, sexy man voice whispering gently in your ear "Don't go near that guy. He's mean and might hurt you."

Visible only if you can actually get close enough to see it, or a little further away with optics.

An armband would easily be visible unaided from 200m or more. And once binoculars are in the game, you could spot the baddies from over a mile.

Again. Might as well be a blinking light.

And if you're not going to be a bandit, why do you even care?  If you're just trying to medic everyone, and run away from conflicts, why do you care?

Because I don't want this game to fucking suck.

• Like 2

Reference my chart frequently, and always ask someone's Steam name before I shoot them.

Thats what HERO would do, except you are not one... 

No, but you could use a system like the one I propose here to remember them without their permission and use that information to make decisions later.

Severely flawed system.  Most of these guys play on different servers all the time.  So I'm supposed to catalog and rate the actions of 1,000,000 other players that I could possibly come into contact with.  Chances are in a week I might run into 1-5 guys I previously catalog'd.  So the other 20-30 players I see would be completely without info.

Sorry, not enough.  Also probably a nightmare to code into the game.

An armband is much much easier to code.  And creates some added "depth" to the game so you could interact with players accordingly.

You know, like use your actual human eyes and brain to make choices instead of asking Dean to make all the naughty folks wear bright pink tutu's so you don't have to.

It's ruined?

*looks around*

Seems okay to me.+

you are assuming he has a brain have you met the people outside??? lmao

this dude could be one brain cell away from drooling

It's a SMALL indicator of bandit and hero status.  Visible only if you can actually get close enough to see it, or a little further away with optics.  If you were 100 meters away in a treeline, and the person actually can't SEE you, they can't SEE a small armband on your arm.  It wouldn't glow, or give names, or appear like magic above someone.

tumblr_ma0feaG2111qi00ie.jpg

WHY THE FUCK are we going to force bandits to wear some stupid armband?  That is GODSIGHT.  Some stupid fake ass way to identify how a player is going to behave without their consent.

And as mentioned previously in this thread it is an extremely FLAWED idea.

Any form of bandit identification outside of your own brain is a lame idea.  

So what if someone tries to KoS me, but they're a lousy shot?  I'm forced to run away or be marked as a "bandit" by this dumbass system.  Thus some hero is going to blast me because I'm a fake bandit.

It's a horrible system, and has no place in DayZ.

• Like 1

you are missing the point here,  regardless of the size of the indicator it takes away from the player interactions and i really dont think that is what the devs of this game want to do, dean himself has said that is one of the most interesting aspects of dayz. the interaction, the intense feeling of "can i trust this person?"

maybe you should go do some reading then come post

• Like 1

Well Sally, it's actually quite simple. Did ya get shot? No you say? You found yourself a hero. Did he pull your pants down, setting your tween heart a flutter?

You've got your rough and tough, grizzled twilight bandit.

Edited by Ineedscoffee

Severely flawed system.  Most of these guys play on different servers all the time.  So I'm supposed to catalog and rate the actions of 1,000,000 other players that I could possibly come into contact with.  Chances are in a week I might run into 1-5 guys I previously catalog'd.  So the other 20-30 players I see would be completely without info.

Sorry, not enough.  Also probably a nightmare to code into the game.

An armband is much much easier to code.  And creates some added "depth" to the game so you could interact with players accordingly.

take that airborn tag off you are a disgrace

take that airborn tag off you are a disgrace

This coming from a guy who has 420 in his name.

*laughs hysterically*

tumblr_ma0feaG2111qi00ie.jpg

Nice graphic, good to see you're still using MS Paint.  Does mommy know you're swearing in the forums?  lol

WHY THE FUCK are we going to force bandits to wear some stupid armband?  That is GODSIGHT.  Some stupid fake ass way to identify how a player is going to behave without their consent.

GODSIGHT, no, it is not not super wallhack see you from 10 miles away SUPER VISION.  <-------------where do you even come up with this???

It is a small, I repeat small, small, small (in case you're mentally slow) indicator of hero or bandit status, that you have to get CLOSE to people or use OPTICS to see.  It wouldn't be something that sticks out from the environment, or a neon sign, or a huge red arrow.  Like a 1 inch stripe on your arm, that's a certain color.

You know what, you can even have the GREEN arm band if you're going to cry about it.  I will gladly take the RED hero armband.  So yours blends in, and mine is visible.  So you can see me more easily, I don't give a crap, because when I see your green armband, you're going to be the one eating lead.

GODSIGHT, GODSIGHT, OMG HAXORZ!  You make me laugh dude.....lol

In real life you also don't respawn or can do infinite run. Don't do real life argument in video game. Video game has gameplay.

And for gameplay there is a need for a way to distinguish bandits.

This argument seems rather invalid to me for a game designed to be at least semi-authentic/realistic. Why stop there? In RL you can't fly so might as well throw it in the video game cause it's cool! And guns should shoot rockets too, cause it's not RL!

The "real life" argument seems quite valid in the case of the bandit/hero skins. Why would a bandit of any sort choose to be identified by some generic "bandit" label? We should only be judged by our actions in-game and not what we wear. If bandits in the game just so happen to dress in a certain way, so be it. Don't force them to. Life isn't black and white and DayZ shouldn't be either.

Edited by solodude23

to OP, nope, we should be free to wear and look what we like, in fact we're lacking any serious player customization, like face morphs and body morphs

A lot of these things people are saying they KoS if people wear ( like gas mask and helms)them only make the KoSing more of a problem. And what about those of us who are neither bandits or heros? Me and my normal squad do everything to ensure we survive. If we come across someone we hold them up and question until we can trust them, then barter for anything supply we might need from each other. Or if we feel nice we'll help a few bambi's out. 

Besides people are saying add more bandit/hero appropriate gear. This is a big no, because what if a hero is a really good scout/sniper and uses bandit gear, since most "bandit" style gear is suited for both roles. 

The current system is fine.

If they shoot you in the face, it's a bandit.

If they don't, it's a hero.  ( Or a bandit with no gun. )

Anything added to the current system would be superfluous, and is unnecessary.  

• Like 1

L2P instead of changing game mechanics, this whole bandit marking shit is the worst thing ever that makes no sense and is directly detrimental to the core concept of this game. 

Edited by Mookzen
  • Like 1

Here's how you identify a bandit: he opens fire at you. Friendly person doesn't do that. Case closed.

People seem to be forgetting that this is an MMO, so the avoid people part is just stupid, the game is meant to have social interactions, rocket and his team always wanted there to be this fear if you went and befriended someone they can betray you for your shiny new gun or cool shades. Of course, people are inherently stupid and assume this means kill everyone, which isn't what he wanted either but wcyd. So just like everything in life there has to be moderation, i believe there should be sudle hints to indicate a bandit using your system, perhaps bloodied hands, or a crazy look on your face so that if people take the time to watch survivors they could tell, and at the same time satisfy all these realism fan boys.

Oh ya and everyone saying "get shot bandit, if not hero" should really stfu its already been said 20 times, get some original material and add something useful to the convo :).

Edited by {420}Mr.Smiley