felo

Seasons

Please use the search function.

This is one of the topics that have been gone through multiple times.

Please use the search function.

This is one of the topics that have been gone through multiple times.

I found nothing about the new VBS features so I thought i'd share this information since nobody else hasn't posted about it yet.

You know, spring, summer, autumn and Winter. It could be interesting having a seasons cicle. what do you think?

• Like 1

you don't think somebody think of this one??? :huh:

in 3 years of dayz you are first genius who think of this idea??? :huh:

you know what is search function??? :huh:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/175720-seasons/?hl=seasons

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/174657-in-game-seasons/?hl=seasons

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/171023-seasons/?hl=seasons

Edited by KoS
  • Like 4

you don't think somebody think of this one??? :huh:

in 3 years of dayz you are first genius who think of this idea??? :huh:

you know what is search function??? :huh:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/175720-seasons/?hl=seasons

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/174657-in-game-seasons/?hl=seasons

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/171023-seasons/?hl=seasons

If there's more than one suggestion of the same thing, it's a good idea.

• Like 2

If there's more than one suggestion of the same thing, it's a good idea.

I agree :beans:

so look what guys saying before and make contribute if you having something new to add ;)

look OP :D

is something new??? :huh:

• Like 1

Russia only has 2 seasons:

Not so cold winter (their summer)

Cold as f*ck winter 

• Like 1

I vote just make it like the Taviana map and have some higher elevation with snowy mountains. then maybe put in some random snowing (gradual, not all of the sudden) as part of the weather. The game already looks spring/summer/fall-ish in parts of  the map anyway, in my opinion.

It would be lovely to have seasons implemented however there are two main reasons I believe that they won't be.

1) It would involve too much work. Just think of how much effort it would take and how many different seasonal graphics, flora, fauna and man made, it would need let alone just the day to day things like snow buildup, or ponds freezing over.

2) If you had seasons that relate to the real world in the same way the day/night cycle does, I am not sure if people would be willing to play "through" a winter rather than just swap to a server that was in summer?

As I say I would love seasons to be introduced but I just think it's too big an ask.

• Like 1

1) It would involve too much work. Just think of how much effort it would take and how many different seasonal graphics, flora, fauna and man made, it would need let alone just the day to day things like snow buildup, or ponds freezing over.

Don't forget foot prints in the snow too.  It would be cool to track a player by the foot prints left behind but that would take some coding to do and I think they have their hands full right now.

You know what would be sweet? If they removed the zombies, added more military gear and vehicles, and had military missions you could play cooperatively.

• Like 1

It would be lovely to have seasons implemented however there are two main reasons I believe that they won't be.

2) If you had seasons that relate to the real world in the same way the day/night cycle does, I am not sure if people would be willing to play "through" a winter rather than just swap to a server that was in summer?

As I say I would love seasons to be introduced but I just think it's too big an ask.

I'm quoting you because I agree with this, but you have my beans for that sig.

• Like 1

Try it like breaking point for A3. You.start in a summer thirsk( chernarus.for sa) and can swith to a winter server with the same gear and position. That way it wont be so.demanding ob servera. Still lots of work though...

(you want snow, go to.a night server and turn up gamma and brightness)

You know, spring, summer, autumn and Winter. It could be interesting having a seasons cicle. what do you think?

I think that's a great idea! I was actually just thinking of something like this the other day. I'd love it personally. Would add a lot more depth to survival. :)

I think it´s hard with tis engine but it could be interesting it starts to snow.

I'm quoting you because I agree with this, but you have my beans for that sig.

Thanks mate, I think it's pretty apt.. ;)

Cracking tune that.

Now, just to make you all moist, we all know that BI makes money from producing "virtual battlefields" for training. This is a promo video for their VBS3...

Edited by ricp

Thanks mate, I think it's pretty apt.. ;)

Cracking tune that.

Now, just to make you all moist, we all know that BI makes money from producing "virtual battlefields" for training. This is a promo video for their VBS3...

Yeah add that in the rest of you can all STFU :)

We could have seasons though and just change to them without any gradual effect. Just one day you wake up and it's snow everywhere. Who cares if it's a sudden change, i'd rather have it than not have and have the additional struggle of surviving in it.

It's not going to happen though.

Merged a bunch of topics all on the same thing.