Blazing87

Grenades in DayZ,what you think?

Has my full support, long as I can rig it so the pin gets pulled on death. Deadman switch style.

• Like 1

I love a lot of these suggestions. C4, grenades (both mil and craftable), and IED's would be amazing additions. Don't forget the tripwire traps that you could disable with pliers, if you're observant enough! And when they add all these items in, I really hope they add some more inventory space items so that you could carry a little more than a 20L backpack. I mean...mountain backpacks irl are about 40-70L bags which would be able to hold A LOT of gear (I have these items because I backpack on a regular basis). Not to mention how limited the tac vests are...seriously, a pistol and 2 magazines? Oh well, heres to hoping!

It would be good if grenades were very limited, I guess they would prove useful for flushing folk out of positions.

I am sure military installations will have a chance of grenades and (my personal favourite i cant wait for) satchel charges.

Craftable explosives as well will surely make it in at some point as well.

I had some of the best moments with my Nades in the mod :rolleyes:  i'd love to have some in SA

Only one reason I would like grenades...

Force feed!!!!!!!! :D

improvised explosives made from flares, fuel canisters, and duct tape? YES. All for it.

running from military loot spawn to military loot spawn to find tons of M-67 Comp. B fragmentation devices just lying around inside barracks buildings? No. I find THAT unimerssive and unrealistic. I have lived in a barracks before. I happen to know that you wouldn't find weapons just lying about. Certainly not in garrison. Probably not even in a combat area either. Soldiers don't just leave that stuff lying around.

In garrison, its ALL (guns, ammo, EVERYTHING) locked up tight in a box, which is locked up tight in a storage locker, which is locked, inside a room of THICK concrete walls, probably underground (although not always), which is accessed via a large, heavy steel door, which is locked. Tight. And that room itself is going to be inside a heavily secured building, also locked, surrounded by a fence with razor wire, and a locked gate. Guarded by MP's and security cameras. All of which is located somewhere deep inside the base, behind a secured perimeter and controlled entry points.

In a combat zone, its slightly different, with soldiers, marines, or whatever, carrying the weapons and ammo they have been issued, and any explosives like grenades, or launchers, locked up in a heavily guarded armory, to be issued out as needed for missions and returned after if not used.

This stuff should NOT be so damned easy to find, just lying around everywhere at military locations as if everyone there INSTANTLY dropped dead, the apocalypse happening totally without transition... 

I'd love to see grenades added, and I'm sure that they probably will be. They should be pretty rare though.

crafting IED whould be really cool. In more than one occasion a grenade or something similar whould have helped me tremendously.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

a mine such as claymore for anti-personnel would be nice.

One must simply ask would such an item make sense would said item be found in that location ?

Answer to both those questions is yes.

Grenades should be available and it should be relatively common military loot.

Grenades might play a vital role in the crafting system. String + stick + grenade = wire booby trap ?

Please, do not add any military granades, make ppl craft them from - empty cans, gunpowder, nails etc. Because imagine - you walk somewhere and then everywhere begin to explode nades around you because some ass hopped them, and then throw them like shimpy/nigas throw bananas

*Highlighted* What the fuck?

Edited by Daemonkid

I would to play with chemistry and make some interesting things, explosives among them of course!

I would settle for a simple Molotov!

Mil Spec nades should be rare ish, but improvised would be fun ... also lol I'd find it funny, some one throws an improvised grenade into like the ATC or a prison and a mil grenade just comes flying back as a sort of F*** you too.

If it happens, I want to be able to pull the pin, but hold the spoon! Your quick-and-dirty hallway holdup isn't so impressive when I become a walking dead-man's switch, eh Mr. Bandit?...

I'm imagining being held up... and pulling the pin on it while it stays in your backpack...

They dont see it, but you know... oh yes... you KNOW!

I might go down but im taking all three of you with me!!!

Grenades I think would be a better addition than most of the other stuff

i saw some pictures there was a smoke granade and a normal granade, both of them was hand crafted, smoke granade was made out of duck tape, spray can and i couldnt tell what was other components but yeh there will be granades in game.

Ps: cant find that picture now, it was on the video i thing