hookhead

how does respawn work exactly?

So noob question here but every respawn today was on the east side of the map where as last week all the respawns had been and the south west side of the map is there a daily spawn side or is it really random?

correct two(?) patches ago (or one patch and a hot fix ago) spawning was moved to 'east coast'... look back in the log notes if you need to know the exact 'when' of the change.

Correct, you currently can only spawn from Electrozavodsk then going east and north following the coast all the way to Berezino.

Correct, you currently can only spawn from Electrozavodsk then going east and north following the coast all the way to Berezino.

are they planning on expanding it back to the way it was before or is this the way it will always be?

How does re-spawn work? When you die, you hit respawn and then you sit there with your finger in your butt watching a black screen. Then after 5 minutes, you curse and exit the game to enter it again.

That's re-spawn.

• Like 5

are they planning on expanding it back to the way it was before or is this the way it will always be?

This is the way it will be.

It's to counter the "spawn > sprint to Balota" metagame.

This is the way it will be.

It's to counter the "spawn > sprint to Balota" metagame.

But this issue should be fixed, when the loot stops spawning after each server restart and start spawning after some time ?

So even when you're on a "fresh" server the chance of finding loot in balota isn't garuanteed ?

But this issue should be fixed, when the loot stops spawning after each server restart and start spawning after some time ?

So even when you're on a "fresh" server the chance of finding loot in balota isn't garuanteed ?

It doesn't matter, the fact that 75% of the players in a server were either at or on their way to Balota at any given time was gamebreaking IMO.

I've actually been seeing people at the NW airfield again since the spawn points were moved, it's great.

Edited by Mos1ey

Well... I always spawned west to Chernogorsk and my last respawn was after the 114008-Patching (around January, 10th).
I don´t wanna try the respawn just for the testing-meaning, but I bet my last can of beans, that I will spawn again west to Chernogorsk.

Are you sure they fixed that?

Well... I always spawned west to Chernogorsk and my last respawn was after the 114008-Patching (around January, 10th).

I don´t wanna try the respawn just for the testing-meaning, but I bet my last can of beans, that I will spawn again west to Chernogorsk.

Are you sure they fixed that?

People are spawning around Nizhnoye, Solnichniy and Kamyshovo. I know because I've been doing my hero bit, policing for bandits preying on newspawns in that area for a couple of days now. As far as I am aware noone spawns west of Cherno anymore, I don't know how you managed to do that at that date, unless it was a server that hadn't patched yet.

If someone is honest enough to watch after my stuff when I am dead and give it back to me when I am reborn (and this kind of person I am searching in real life too!), I would kill myself to test it again.

Well...maybe I will die soon, whatever happens, I will report again.

I can also atest to people spawning East of Elektro, or Elektro itself.  I've been patrolling Hell's Highway, banditing any fresh spawns with loot better than or equal to a pristine battery.  I'll let them both live, but force them into a bare knuckle boxing match, where I give the winner a bag inside a bag, with a pistol, bullets, and an empty mag as I run away laughing, because the bullets are for the magnum.  Tee hee.  But I'll keep my eye out for you BadAsh, and more like you. 

i have spawned in Novy Sobor one time, is that meant to happen?

the story:

Me and my two friends were at the NW airfield, gearing up on some poor bastards dead bodys :D, we logged out to come back the next day. We alle started the game and one guys charakter got wiped (because apher). He respawned on the East Coast. So we decided to meet at Stary Sobor. We made our way to Stary sobor waiting for our friend when i looted a house, walked up the stair (you know these houses, with the stairs in the middle that lead to a closed door that can not be opened?) and just died... not frustrated at all (alpher u know) i clicked respawn and noticed there was no place i remember from fresh-spawning. No coast or anything... I figured I came out in Novy Sobor...

so my question: Has this ever happened to you? Have you got this feeling that you always (fresh)spawn near your friends?

greets

Edited by VCTRious

I've only once spawned on the south coast, every other spawn has been in or just south of Solnichny, theres a factory just north of it and I often find corpses littering the ground under anything high.  Don't know why everyone is so attached to Electro or Cherno, they are the only places I've been shot outside of airfields.