S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Dust

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.S. Survival Guide [Complete] [Update on May 30th]

Earns a Sticky?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Alot of people say this needs a Sticky?

• Sure, its a good guide.
    • Nope It blows.
    • Im not sure, but you have my beanz sir.

I use Hunting aswell, mainly because when / if you find all the TTsK vests, shirts, pants you get so many inventory slots anyway so I gladly get 5 less from backpack for better camo.

I like to use the homemade backpack. I know that it has less slots but i think that this backpack is uncommon and irregular in shape. Wich means that less people will recognice it when you are lying on the ground. It lets me be more invisible to others and thats what i like.

I like to use the homemade backpack. I know that it has less slots but i think that this backpack is uncommon and irregular in shape. Wich means that less people will recognice it when you are lying on the ground. It lets me be more invisible to others and thats what i like.

The improvised backpack is a great backpack for those who dont need all the items that normal players get. From a distance if your wearing the right gear it looks like a rock. However in urban environments you stick out like a sore thumb. and in woodland (dark green) environments you might as well be wearing all white.

Hey man,

Great guide, thanks to you im not such a newbie here (played some dayzmod but still i wasnt good enough to survive here i think, SA is really more survival game than zombie killer or pvp)

Greets man, thanks again.

Edited by Casarr

It's a good guide. If there was only one thing I would suggest, it would be diversifying where you store your equipment, so a single stumble on a rock doesn't ruin all of your M4 mags, or an errant zombie strike can't take out your pistol and all of its magazines.

The cordoned areas.. what? Did you pull that out of your ass? Terrible. Calling Elektro survivable is ridiculous. Also your semi-RP style is just fucking annoying, haha.

Did you have stalker as your religion on your dogtags?

There's plenty of good info for a brand new player, but some of this is a little misguided.

Dropping by leaving my thanks, excellent guide, I hope to find a fellow S.T.A.L.K.E.R. during my travels.

This is really awesome, I would like to see about being recruited and learning some tips and tricks. Helping a few friends get geared up and practicing shooting on Zombies in empty servers. Too many close calls on others to practice. Steam ID is [OATZ]_RJ_Echo_217. Lets swarm bandits! or be bandits what ever.

Anybody up for a gathering of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.S ?

I mostly play at hardcore stable servers (Europe)

If you are you can add me on steam: theredsideoftheforce

Hello, fellow stalker! I really like your guide. Because of that, I manage to survive a lot longer :D.

Say, can you add me to the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. list? I'm basically being like one right now in the game.

Thank you for the good read, as a new player, I enjoyed learning about the areas and the military bases, was currently on my way to Cherno, but decided against it as I'm really not to familiar with the game as of yet so would probably get punished by someone who's been in the town for a few weeks! Enjoyed reading about the houses "The fancier they look, chances are the better the loot", makes sense I guess but something you don't think about when you're in a game. :)

Jebus this insanly usefull and awesome Guide still haven't been stickied? come on mods wake up and smell the awesomeness of this guide and sticky it for everyone to enjoy!

And S.T.A.L.K.E.R.Dust ive said it before and ill say it again  :thumbsup:  :beans:  cool beans man this post is just awesome!

Edited by Happy-

A large apology letter to the DayZ Community,

Hello everyone as your all aware of my name is DUST (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) or in real life communications Donald. Im writing this letter as an apology in my absence in this guides attendance and updates as im known regularly for. but here are some of the things going on in my life that have occured in the past 2 months since my guides update.

- re-deployed home from overseas

+ TOD: Afghanistan

+ TOD2: Afghanistan

+ TOD3: Ukraine

- Retired from the United States Armed Services

+ Staff Sergeant, United States Army, Military Police 31B

- Moved to Los Angeles to finish second bachelors degree (first in Business Administration)

+Rented new apartment

+ Transferred FFL (Federal Firearms Licences)

+ Transferred Weapons and Ammunition

+ Get basic internet services running

+ overall get settled in

Although these are not an excuse for my absence I am extremely sorry about my absence and i will be updating the guide as soon as possible with all the updates and I will go over the guide to replace errors and new additions the best that I can. Please be paitent with the notifications and I will try to backlog all the New stalker members as soon as possible!

Thanks for understanding,

Donald (DUST)

Military Police

SSG, USA (RET.)

• Like 4

Welcome back to ya!  Glad to hear you've settled in after globe trotting.  I hadn't read this guide until today and the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. idiom fits my playstyle perfectly.  I thought I was just a shadow survivor ! 

Thank you for this guide Dust, it will be very helpful to me in my feeble attempt at surviving   :)

Guys this is a great guide but i have a problem : i can not put the hole name on dayz i can put [s.T.A.L.K.E.R] and that's all no more space for my name .... anybody got any ideas? 

I just got DayZ after watching some videos about it on youtube.  I thought I'd better do some reading, thanks for the informative guide! It should help me start out now a much better plan of action. 

Donald - Good to hear you retired in one piece, and thanks for this guide and your service.  An old friend of mine was an MP over in Germany (Army).  He is in his 50s now but he can still clean house.

It is also great to run into someone who I am assuming liked the STALKER series?  Call of Pripyat?  Buggy as hell but fun once you made a zillion changes. 

I can't buy you beer, but I will drink one for you right now.  Cheers!

Awesome guide but sadly outdated.

Exactly.

OMG, do you really need to quote whole first post?

No he does not, edited out.

If OP wishes to update =/::::\= PM me send.