S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Dust

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.S. Survival Guide [Complete] [Update on May 30th]

Earns a Sticky?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Alot of people say this needs a Sticky?

• Sure, its a good guide.
    • Nope It blows.
    • Im not sure, but you have my beanz sir.

Good guide, will surely help out the new bloods around here get going, pretty much exactly as i play.

Also, you get all the beans for the sountrack post. love the music from that game(and last light)

• Like 1

Good guide. A bit too PvP oriented for me, as the information is pretty much oriented towards the guns/ammo and the rest seems to be only covered for completeness. But the information is sound, and generally useful.

This guide was put into a day of hard work and some photographing and other information research on the Wiki site and other areas of the inter webs mixed in with my own Spin on this whole en-devour.

It's a good guide but it would be nice if you provided links or mentions of other guides/guide writers/sources that you used besides the Wiki, as this information has been provided in numerous other guides.

Dude you are legend, your thread needs to be stickied, no questions asked.

There have been numerous helpful and thorough guides like this written but since a forum mod already wrote and a pinned "Beginner's Guide" which tells you how to put a battery in your flashlight and how to punch there doesn't appear to be any interest in pinning or stickying any other user written guides.

sticky sticky sticky, this needs to be a sticky, like now

Good guide, will surely help out the new bloods around here get going, pretty much exactly as i play.

Also, you get all the beans for the sountrack post. love the music from that game(and last light)

your both too kind <3

Good guide. A bit too PvP oriented for me, as the information is pretty much oriented towards the guns/ammo and the rest seems to be only covered for completeness. But the information is sound, and generally useful.

The goal isnt PVP its about end game strategy in this point in the alpha. As the game progresses the guide will progress too as more survival features are implemented. As of now the only thing to do is drink water and kill and repeat. THe STALKER guide at the end is a moral choice to be who you want to be not the whole Hero/Bandit/Medic/Survivor(Sheep) class.

It's a good guide but it would be nice if you provided links or mentions of other guides/guide writers/sources that you used besides the Wiki, as this information has been provided in numerous other guides.

The wiki has been edited to a point by 11+ users so I cannot credit the wiki entirely due to the fact that the only thing that ive used in the wiki was the map in all honesty. Everything else is just common sense and PNG ripping from images in the game.

Edited by S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Dust

There have been numerous helpful and thorough guides like this written but since a forum mod already wrote and a pinned "Beginner's Guide" which tells you how to put a battery in your flashlight and how to punch there doesn't appear to be any interest in pinning or stickying any other user written guides.

Im not the power ehre but there are other very good guides, THis is hopefully another one of them, Ill continue to keep this updated as much as possible.

Awesome Guide, I would have thought it would have been stickied already, had to search it up :(

My 2 cents, Do fight zombies, get a hang of the melee weapons, although going bare knuckled is pretty rough.  Learning to fight the zombies can grant access to loot other new spawns will skip over.  Being a fresh spawn, there isn't much to lose from doing so.

Awesome Guide, I would have thought it would have been stickied already, had to search it up :(

My 2 cents, Do fight zombies, get a hang of the melee weapons, although going bare knuckled is pretty rough.  Learning to fight the zombies can grant access to loot other new spawns will skip over.  Being a fresh spawn, there isn't much to lose from doing so.

Apologies about not being able to find it. But apparently the only stickied guide allowed apparently (although video guides are allowed wtf?) is Orlok's Ill keep this updated best I can. As for the melee weapons there pretty simple to understand however a successful trend that ive had is to take the weapon and aim about 2-5 Centimeters below were I want to hit and it hits correctly.

Very usefull guide to new players like my self. cool beans!

• Like 2

Very usefull guide to new players like my self. cool beans!

Thanks for the read,

**Guide updated for a new feature (glitch?) I discovered**

• While storing items in a box (ie Pelican / Medkit) if you toolbar the item that your storing and then place the box in your inventory you can still quickaccess your item inside the box without dropping it. Use this for bandages contained in medpacks and other equipment.

Thank you for such helpful detail. as a new player myself, I feel the 15/20 mins reading this saved hours of trial and error ingame

Some serious effort gone into this, nice work.

Although, with the game constantly evolving its going to be a long time before you can truly call it complete.

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 2

I was under the impression you can "wiggle" out of handcuffs, no ?

Nope, handcuffs are steel breaking out of them is impossible to my knowledge unless someone knows a trick or something?? (also maybe the new Hacksaw item can cut through them for those without a key??

Some serious effort gone into this, nice work.

Although, with the game constantly evolving its going to be a long time before you can truly call it complete.

The guide will never be really complete, Unless the game dies which is very unlikely however I will try as best as i can and you all can help me too if you want, if you find anything wrong or missing from the guide let me know!

• Like 1

Nope, handcuffs are steel breaking out of them is impossible to my knowledge unless someone knows a trick or something?? (also maybe the new Hacksaw item can cut through them for those without a key??

Yup, if you lay on the ground in the prone position, and use (i forget) either q + e or a + d your character will struggle in them keep it up and they will come off

• Like 2

Fair enough see I learn something new every day!! Ill add it to the guide.

Guide updated Curing sicknesses.

Edited by S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Dust

Also found this little chestnut today, in your control settings under movement there is "prone" but also one called "go prone" if your moving without anything in your hands hitting "go prone" will make you dive to the ground, from either standing or crouching, if standing still it does the usual animation for prone. This is also a "toggle" so hitting it again will get you back to the position you where in before you hit it.

By default this isn't bound

• Like 2

No matter what way you look at this I don't see the point. I am speaking in general terms when I say this though.

The entire point of the game is to discover. Survive.... not have some ridiculously thorough tutorial tell you how.

Also found this little chestnut today, in your control settings under movement there is "prone" but also one called "go prone" if your moving without anything in your hands hitting "go prone" will make you dive to the ground, from either standing or crouching, if standing still it does the usual animation for prone. This is also a "toggle" so hitting it again will get you back to the position you where in before you hit it.

By default this isn't bound

Good tip man, you have my beanz sir.

No matter what way you look at this I don't see the point. I am speaking in general terms when I say this though.

The entire point of the game is to discover. Survive.... not have some ridiculously thorough tutorial tell you how.

Were not telling you how to play the game weather you decide to read the tutorials or not its YOUR DECISION. Just stop filling the topic with useless replies and "I WANNA BE A REBEL F**K TUTORIALS" attitude.

• Like 2

Good tip man, you have my beanz sir.

Were not telling you how to play the game weather you decide to read the tutorials or not its YOUR DECISION. Just stop filling the topic with useless replies and "I WANNA BE A REBEL F**K TUTORIALS" attitude.

I'll have you know that my reply was not pointless nor does it become pointless and furthermore, neither is this reply pointless.

It is not my personal opinion. It is more, in that it is a recommendation to enjoy the game to a greater extent. This is not some scratch and grind game. People play this because they want to tell themselves they can handle an apocalypse. They want to be the survivor, to be independent, responsible unto them themselves.

I will not give you beans, I will give you brownie points. Well done, sir, hats off to you, you are showing people how to overcome the only issue and entire point of this game.... Well. Done.

If you did it in game, that is different; that is RP. But shit son, you have got to be an idiot if you think this is a good thing for this game.