gamerer

"Friendlies" are just a bunch of lamers

The only friendly player is a defenseless player, once anyone gets a weapon, they WILL kill you.

Even when a vermin has no weapons, it is still a threat in the long-term. 

Even unarmed vermin compete for resources. 

The only "friendly player" is one that has already been exterminated. 

• Like 3

We announce ourselves as friendly to every one we meet. 

Unless it combat logs, nothing we come across ever escapes extermination. 

If a target does not respond to our friendly messages, it is exterminated immediately. 

lol dude we would ice you so fast you would quit the game, never let anyone know you are there

Careful!  People can read what you write here!

Your first part is just repeating the mistake of your last post, but this time explaining and admitting the mistake to everyone, apparently without realizing it. 

What you say is exactly what is meant by calling it a hidden tautology. You're also begging the question, since your claim "better DayZ players have more DayZ skill" contains the conclusion "DayZ skill exists." Since, after all, DayZ skill would have to exist for better players to be better because they have more of it. 

But you weren't setting out to prove that better players have more DayZ skill, as opposed to some other quality which makes them better, were you? You were setting out to "prove" that DayZ skill exists. 

What you need to do is quantify DayZ skill and explain what it is. 

As it stands, your "better players have more skill" argument could be overcome in a number of ways. Someone could just say "no they don't" and defeat it that way, since the burden of proof is on the professor, so to speak. 

Another objection is "there are no such thing as better players in DayZ."

Another objection is "there is such a thing as better players, but better players do not have more DayZ skill, they have some other quality which makes them better."

Plausible qualities could be knowledge, or luck. 

Understand I don't mean any of this to disagree with the notion that people can be more or less skilled at playing DayZ. You invited people to "prove me wrong" and unfortunatly you what you posted was wrong, both times now.  

Nothing is worse than thinking you're right when other people know you're wrong, so consider this some friendly help. It takes practice and patience to think through what it means to actually prove something, and there's one standard for it, so if you screw it up, it's easy to tell. 

Re-read my previous post; I outlined skill and proved its existence.

My ultimate point is that skill exists, for which I have already proven that.

Careful!  People can read what you write here!

Obviously. I don't see why you need to act like that.

Edited by Inception.

I made a toon who ran with no weapons of any kind, just a 35 slot backpack stuffed with med supplies. Tac vest held my canteens, hoodie held can opener, compass, food, and pants held food. Kept busy in elektro for a good 45 mins just helping people. Then I was shot. Upon looting, my killer cried "noooooooo, this dude just saved me" lol

• Like 1

The sheer edgyness of this thread is enough to kill a man, jesus christ

tone it down, you guys aren't cool, nobody fears you

you're just fat fucking nerds flapping your sausages on a keyboard

play the game it was meant to be played; you just woke up on a beach, there are zombies

people have a right to be scared and naive if they're playing right

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 4

Seeing a target is a sufficient reason to shoot it. 

All potential extermination targets are potentially dangerous and also potential competitors for resources. 

That's more than enough reason to exterminate them the first chance you get. 

Because DayZ is a zombie apocalypse simulator, the intention is to have you make the choices you would make in a real zombie apocalypse. I still don't understand why people find it acceptable to use the apocalypse as a reason for becoming a genocidal psychopath. Yes, it is a game, and game interactions will differ from real life, but I've seen countless people claim they would do the same in real life.

Of course, these people are blithering idiots who use the safety of the internet to make themself seem badass.

Edited by omgwtfbbq

I say "friendly" in hopes of distracting them while I line up the shot.

• Like 1

I've met other armed people plenty of times and not resulted in a shootout. If you can get over the first 5 seconds of wondering if you will kill each other usually friendship or alliance is made.  I'm not always friendly either though, sometimes I kos if they look like a threat, or feeling needy. If I get then drop on them and don't feel like shooting them I'll call out and see what happens, it could be a fun adventure.  

Just Killing everyone on sight is kinda weak sauce.  

relevant quote below.

Maybe you're just boring or suck. 

I never thought that I would see the day when Facebook would make its way onto these forums..

tis a sad day indeed.

• Like 1

It's hard to tell someone you're friendly while you watch them through an acog from 400 meters away

• Like 1

I don't say friendly that was day one, I just grunt at players in proximity passing now.

Ok this is probably the funniest thing I've read all day lol.

• Like 2

Ok this is probably the funniest thing I've read all day lol.

My primitive, barrel chested axe man is not big on conversation these days, just baths in the local swimming hole every week.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 1

All this talk about emasculation and weakness makes me think OP is a bit insecure in his own sexuality.

What's the matter, OP? Did you get a semi from seeing Hasselhoff running towards you during the Baywatch intro and now you don't know how to feel about it?

All this talk about emasculation and weakness makes me think OP is a bit insecure in his own sexuality.

What's the matter, OP? Did you get a semi from seeing Hasselhoff running towards you during the Baywatch intro and now you don't know how to feel about it?

You're so easy to manipulate  B)  And no, it was from Michael Newman.

Edited by WastedSpaceman

You're so easy to manipulate  B)  And no, it was from Michael Newman.

You're giving yourself way too much credit.

Nobody's impressed that you do nothing but KoS. You are one in a million, and nothing but a DayZ statistic.

Edited by dvsilverwing

Does anyone else feel like those who announce "friendly!  friendly!" over comms sound like emasculated wimps?  Unless you're setting someone up for an ambush by luring them in, it's just so...weak.  I have no respect for the weak.  At least be creative and say something like "don't shoot!  I'm just looking for some Preparation-H!"  Telling me you're "friendly" is a request for high velocity lead therapy to the cranium.

http://youtu.be/Ivz4NA4zHzQ?t=58s

This is exactly how I feel everytime I hear someone hurrdely scream out 'friendly'.  It makes me cringe to the point where my normal first reaction is to put a bullet in their head because it just comes across as so weak.

I've been asked in the past how I respond to coming across to new people ingame and I always make it a point of saying I never scream out friendly nor respect those that do, it just seems like a huge copout to me.  I may try to start a conversation but 'friendly friendly' just sounds to much like 'dont shoot please dont kill me' that I can't say it, just sounds to much like a little kid whining to me.

If I come across someone who has a CoD kid type voice, or sounds younger then 18, I am VERY inclined to handcuff them then execute them vietcong style, whereas if someone sounds mature and perhaps starts a conversation that doesn't immediately begin with 'friendly friendly', I'm more inclined to communicate back.  I just get the impression most <18 yr olds don't say friendly until you catch them sneaking up on you trying to knock you out, then they want to be all buddy buddy.

Edited by Phantasm
  • Like 1

i never use the term friendly  i may when i have the upper hand call out to you its usually things like i dont want to shoot you but if you move i will.

I play with a group of survivours we dont shoot on sight we dont bandit play robbing people no need loot is FAR FAR to plentiful.

I have tried to get some of these ubber hard men to come play on the server with me namely the hero society medical division or as i call them the chicken yellow gutted needs medical help division ( you know who i am calling out hellcat )

All i see are a bunch of tossers trying to stroke there ego pretending to be hard men ( well no not actually hellcat and his boys they know there chicken shit hence why the stay on the coast killing bambi) how about you rambo types actually engage a group for some good old fashioned PvP Not shooting one in the back from hundreds of meters lol. You know this group is taking up far more resources than bambi characters we eat everything that we find.

My group wont mind even if we lose( i doubt we will but stranger things have happened but most guys kos and bambi kill because they lack the skills to engage in proper PvP) the people i play with have atleast 4 years arma experience( so use to the engine and how this game portrays combat oh and if you say this aint arma your right its not but its exactly the same combat engine lol.) We have lots of good loot kill us and it will fund ya bambi killing bitch ways for weeks but lose and we posting the trophy shots pointing out what bitches you really are.

Come on brave brave men step up pm me we will set a server meet and greet LOL

Truthfully speaking, if there ever were to be a failure of civility, or a "societal collapse," the weak would be prey for the strong.  That doesn't mean you need to run around doing horrible, immoral things.  But to exude a position of weakness and vulnerability by immediately submitting to others is asking to be robbed or killed.

Peace through strength and superior firepower.

You can keep your hippy garbage.

#tigerblood #winning

• Like 2