gamerer

"Friendlies" are just a bunch of lamers

Dying in DayZ is the game's way of telling you to expand your knowledge and increase your skills.

A good DayZ player is willing to learn and is capable of identifying his own mistakes, rather than just automatically blame the game or other players. A player unable to learn, will continue to fill up his inventory with food and water and only eat, when he's starting or thirsting. A player willing to think, will quickly begin to questioning, why he's constantly driven by hunger and thirst, this player will eat bigger meals and drink more water and will soon reap the benefits from being well fed and hydrated.

A person knowing the basics of Land Nav will negotiate Chernarus faster and more precise, than someone, who's sticking to roads and coastlines.

A person knowing the basics of basic ballistics, will be a more accurate shot.

A person knowing the basics of cover and concealment and are constantly aware of his surroundings, will survive longer.

And so on and so on.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

I agree, if you want to play the easy mode in dayz, just kos. If you want to play the hard mode, announce yourself first and see what happen, you will need a lot more skills to survive your encounters.

Of course this is not all black and white, there are other way to play that involve many skills even if the goal is to kos. But in my opinion, if you kos what look like an unarmed player, do not deny it, you are playing on easy mode and are avoiding these situations that will really test your skills in battle.

Dying in DayZ is the game's way of telling you to expand your knowledge and increase your skills.

A good DayZ player is willing to learn and is capable of identifying his own mistakes, rather than just automatically blame the game or other players. A player unable to learn, will continue to fill up his inventory with food and water and only eat, when he's starting or thirsting. A player willing to think, will quickly begin to questioning, why he's constantly driven by hunger and thirst, this player will eat bigger meals and drink more water and will soon reap the benefits from being well fed and hydrated.

A person knowing the basics of Land Nav will negotiate Chernarus faster and more precise, than someone, who's sticking to roads and coastlines.

A person knowing the basics of basic ballistics, will be a more accurate shot.

A person knowing the basics of cover and concealment and are constantly aware of his surroundings, will survive longer.

And so on and so on.

where is the fun in that .............

see person kill person .. not everyone's favourite way to play but that's the good thing about the game play how you like haters gonna hate, if you really want to care-bare then do so ewwww not my style.  TBH there is no better felling than axing someone down whos fully kitted when all you have is an axe. 

Says the man who enjoys killing fresh spawns in a way that makes sure they will never surrender again.( which makes real bandits lives hard and twists the community to a a straight KOS mindset) I almost wish that you could have specific group logo on the clothing cause i know these guys the heroic society medical division would definately be dumb enough to plaster it across themselves.

KOS id love to on you guys got a few friends every time we log in we hope to find these guys ( hey make it easy what server you guys play on ) i wont need to look hard cause your on the coast like the bitches you are lol (is it cause you guys cant navigate or is it cause you only like to pick on people who cant shoot back (both lame very lame)

But hey thats just IMHO i know you guys think your cool (which historically speaking thinking your cool usually means your lame....

What is punctuation?

Im sick of people saying... "If you want to play deathmatch go play CoD or BF4"

How about this....

If you want to play Zombie PvE co-op go play Left 4 Dead 

KoS-ing is part of an open PvP sandbox.  Deal with it. 

I have not done the KOS thing but have considered it after constantly getting killed trying to be friendly. Had a guy last night walk up asking directions tried to help then he hit me with his fist twice and knocked me out. I'm not sure how that happens when I'm showing healthy and wearing a kevlar. Needless to say he left a very happy guy. I will still try to interact probably to my detriment.

I mean sure you can just shoot anyone you want but it can be fun to interact with them. I have shot a few players I could have handcuffed and disarmed because I don't take any risks with my loot, but they all would have made it alive if I handcuffed them and they co-operated. Maybe with their rifles thrown into the woods after shooting it empty, but alive.

What is this "friendly?" you speak of?

1.) Ive spawned on the beach, turned to look around to get my bearings and had someone run up to me & beat me to death with a bat

2.) I've ran through Kammy and got shot in the back

3.) Ran through Solly and a group of bambis were beating each other around a pile of about 20 bodies

4.) been sniped at Elecktro as a noob with nothing but a shirt, pants and shoes on me

5.) been shot after running 30 mins to a base by someone fully geared up

6.) been sniped at the base

7.) rounded a corner to kammy at the water spiget to see 5 guys, all yelling at me to stop (F being handcuffed, I'd rather die) and they all shot at me (good thing their aim sucked)

8.) been knocked unconscious from a bambi while being fully geared, all to wake up to all my stuff gone.

9.) the list goes on and on.

So you'll excuse me if I don't run up and hug a player I come across in a town.

I see it as having 3 options

1.) fire instantly

2.) avoid if not spotted

3.) hunt them and then kill them

I agree with the Op.

• Like 2

i never KOS, i always talk first and if they don't respond i will kill them so i dont get any risks. got killed though a few minutes ago by a serverhopping jackass who shot me instantly while i was reading something about painkillers. jokes on him though i killed him as well.

I shoot other players.. I just prefer to interact with players rather than playing a deathmatch. Sometimes those interactions result in a gunfight. Sometimes they result in a friendship. Usually the result somewhere inbetween. If you want a deathmatch there are plenty of other games to do that in. COD, Counter-Strike, Battlefield; to name a few.

And, I've played several games competitively (In leagues) and won money at LAN tournaments. 

It doesn't take skill to shoot an unarmed player.

It doesn't take skill to shoot a man in the back while he's running away.

It doesn't take skill to snipe someone while they're looting from 400m away.

Anyone can do that shit, so if anyone couldn't handle other FPS games, it's people who run around getting their dick hard by KOSing every player they see and pretending to be "hardcore KOS bandits".. The type of players who hang out all day near the coast picking on fresh spawns are the same type who get their asses royally handed to them in a heads up fair gun fight where both groups are armed equally.

I can't tell you how to play.. Maybe you think it's fun to collect FlashLights off of fresh spawns.. Or maybe you're so bored with your day to day life that sitting on a hill in full camo with a sniper rifle and picking off 1 player every hour or so at the airfield is the highlight of your day, but I think I can speak for most people when I say: We're not impressed.

For me, DayZ is about the player interactions.. It's about building a character from the ground up and gaining a reputation as a player or as a squad, where people on your "home" server know they can trust you and know when shit hits the fan you have their back. It's fun to get a small group of organized players and control the majority of the vehicles on the map, wipe out peoples bases, and lay the smack down on bandits in Elektro who pick on noobs.. It's fun running into a new person and communicating through the tension. It's fun taking people hostage and watching what kind of action emerges from a chance encounter. 

If I just shoot people on sight, then none of those things are possible. If there's any life lesson to be learned from DayZ, it's that possessions are meaningless without people to share them with, and that friends/allies are more valuable than resources.

So beautifull. made me cry a mantear, and I have so few

• Like 1

Either the people KOS or they want to rob you, I haven't seen anyone actually be friendly. I was on a NO KOS west-coast server last night and there was a big group of players they made me drop my weapon(a bat) get down on the ground, then told me to drop all of my clothes, they were all decked out in military gear and I had a badly damaged hoodie and badly damaged cargo pants and nothing else on me. They said to give up my hoodie and pants or they will shoot so I tried attack them and got shot. Then they found me again and did the same thing to my friend and I. These guys would approach you as friendly then rob you, after killing me I studied their habbits...I came back and killed 4 out nine in a huge gun fight. NO KOS was just a trick so that these guys could troll people, so they had to pay... In the next life I killed 5 of them and then a naked guy with a fireaxe jumped me while I was looting their bodies lol fun shit.

Edited by The Mad Titan

What is this "friendly?" you speak of?

1.) Ive spawned on the beach, turned to look around to get my bearings and had someone run up to me & beat me to death with a bat

2.) I've ran through Kammy and got shot in the back

3.) Ran through Solly and a group of bambis were beating each other around a pile of about 20 bodies

4.) been sniped at Elecktro as a noob with nothing but a shirt, pants and shoes on me

5.) been shot after running 30 mins to a base by someone fully geared up

6.) been sniped at the base

7.) rounded a corner to kammy at the water spiget to see 5 guys, all yelling at me to stop (F being handcuffed, I'd rather die) and they all shot at me (good thing their aim sucked)

8.) been knocked unconscious from a bambi while being fully geared, all to wake up to all my stuff gone.

9.) the list goes on and on.

So you'll excuse me if I don't run up and hug a player I come across in a town.

I see it as having 3 options

1.) fire instantly

2.) avoid if not spotted

3.) hunt them and then kill them

I agree with the Op.

Mostly wrong decision made by you. You can always talk out of being killed when they want to handcuff you.

Give this man a fucking medal!

It doesn't take skill to shoot an unarmed player.

It doesn't take skill to shoot a man in the back while he's running away.

It doesn't take skill to snipe someone while they're looting from 400m away.

Anyone can do that shit, so if anyone couldn't handle other FPS games, it's people who run around getting their dick hard by KOSing every player they see and pretending to be "hardcore KOS bandits".. The type of players who hang out all day near the coast picking on fresh spawns are the same type who get their asses royally handed to them in a heads up fair gun fight where both groups are armed equally.

We're not impressed.

For me, DayZ is about the player interactions.. It's about building a character from the ground up and gaining a reputation as a player or as a squad, where people on your "home" server know they can trust you and know when shit hits the fan you have their back. It's fun to get a small group of organized players and control the majority of the vehicles on the map, wipe out peoples bases, and lay the smack down on bandits in Elektro who pick on noobs.. It's fun running into a new person and communicating through the tension. It's fun taking people hostage and watching what kind of action emerges from a chance encounter. 

If I just shoot people on sight, then none of those things are possible. If there's any life lesson to be learned from DayZ, it's that possessions are meaningless without people to share them with, and that friends/allies are more valuable than resources.

Edited by BrainlessZombie
  • Like 3

I shot an un-armed guy in the back earlier, my first time killing on sight.

Why? Because he has the same logic which I've posted a few times; "If I pretend I can't hear him offering me free weapons, food or water; and just run away instead, maybe it'll hurt his feelings and he'll leave me alone."

I offered him food, my water canteen and a handgun. I know he could understand English just fine because he was talking in English to one of my group members in Kamyshovo.

I saw the guy running toward Elektro so I started asking him, he just started running again and stop in 100 meters, I ran up to him and told him if he keeps running then I will shoot (For my own groups safety as several people have used this to lure us in to traps), he tried punching me and continued running; again stopping. I ran back up, question his reason to do so but he began taking off so I just shot him in to the back of the head and left him die whilst I walked in toward elektro..

Just a question for anybody that does what that guy done, running away whilst getting offered food, water and weapons; what the fuck is it all about? WHY do you do that? Especially if somebody or a group have their weapons aimed at you? Then you all complain about KoS, no-wonder it happens to you.

If they do that, then they are considered an uncontrollable entity that has the potential to be a threat. Take him out is the right choice. Good job

Mostly wrong decision made by you. You can always talk out of being killed when they want to handcuff you.

Right, because in a zombie apocalypse people are extremely reasonable and can be trusted to sympathize with your situation, a stranger.

They would've totally been like "AW..DUDE YOUR WORDS JUST TOUCHED ME IN PLACES I'VE NEVER FELT BEFORE, LET ME GET THESE DAMN CUFFS OFF OF YOU"

Edited by Flight96
  • Like 1

If they do that, then they are considered an uncontrollable entity that has the potential to be a threat. Take him out is the right choice. Good job

Right, because in a zombie apocalypse people are extremely reasonable and can be trusted to sympathize with your situation, a stranger.

They would've totally been like "AW..DUDE YOUR WORDS JUST TOUCHED ME IN PLACES I'VE NEVER FELT BEFORE, LET ME GET THESE DAMN CUFFS OFF OF YOU"

the simple phrase "can you please take these handcuffs off" has gotten me taken out and set free 4 times currently. would i have been set free without asking nicely, perhaps, we wont know. but we do know asking nicely has worked, if not consistantly.

the simple phrase "can you please take these handcuffs off" has gotten me taken out and set free 4 times currently. would i have been set free without asking nicely, perhaps, we wont know. but we do know asking nicely has worked, if not consistantly.

I mean, that's great man. I'm envious of your ability to find such compassionate people in such a ridiculously harsh world lol..

Keep at it survivor.

Edited by Flight96

Me playing on the very first time I came across someone. I've still never immediately shot someone without reason, and nobody has ever shot me without reason.

[snip]

Edited by Max Planck
not relevant, and you've already posted it elsewhere.

This is the mentality of the Bandit (as it's understood today). You don't KoS because you're a "badass" or anything like that. No, you KoS for one simple reason. You are afraid. You're afraid of other players, so you kill them before they have the chance to kill you, even if they never had any intention of harming you, even if they hadn't even seen you yet, even if they had just spawned and barely had enough gear to fend off starvation let alone a fully armed bandit. And you know what? You should be afraid. Because that particular kind of bandit is my very favorite to kill. I'll see you in Chernarus, buddy...

Does anyone else feel like those who announce "friendly!  friendly!" over comms sound like emasculated wimps?  Unless you're setting someone up for an ambush by luring them in, it's just so...weak.  I have no respect for the weak.  At least be creative and say something like "don't shoot!  I'm just looking for some Preparation-H!"  Telling me you're "friendly" is a request for high velocity lead therapy to the cranium.

http://youtu.be/Ivz4NA4zHzQ?t=58s

• Like 2

I say "Friendly" because I want to help. Though if I get shot, then oh well.

Though I see your point, I see people are only friendly when they are unprepared for combat and don't wish to die. But don't need to be harsh about it :s

• Like 3

"A player that is superior to another DayZ player" can only be a re-wording of (or the same as) "a player who possesses more skill than said inferior player" if being superior and possessing more skill are the same thing. Therefore, if what you claim to be is correct, skill does indeed exist in DayZ, for players that are superior to other players do exist. 

So. If you are right in what you say, skill does indeed exist; thus, my point is also correct (and as a result I too am right, obviously ). So unfortunately, you have contradicted yourself.

Regardless, however, you did understand that my statement supported the idea that skill in DayZ exists (if you did not, you would not be attempting to prove me wrong or you would not understand what exactly my original comment supported), but you have not yet proven me wrong.

Careful!  People can read what you write here!

Your first part is just repeating the mistake of your last post, but this time explaining and admitting the mistake to everyone, apparently without realizing it. 

What you say is exactly what is meant by calling it a hidden tautology. You're also begging the question, since your claim "better DayZ players have more DayZ skill" contains the conclusion "DayZ skill exists." Since, after all, DayZ skill would have to exist for better players to be better because they have more of it. 

But you weren't setting out to prove that better players have more DayZ skill, as opposed to some other quality which makes them better, were you? You were setting out to "prove" that DayZ skill exists. 

What you need to do is quantify DayZ skill and explain what it is. 

As it stands, your "better players have more skill" argument could be overcome in a number of ways. Someone could just say "no they don't" and defeat it that way, since the burden of proof is on the professor, so to speak. 

Another objection is "there are no such thing as better players in DayZ."

Another objection is "there is such a thing as better players, but better players do not have more DayZ skill, they have some other quality which makes them better."

Plausible qualities could be knowledge, or luck. 

Understand I don't mean any of this to disagree with the notion that people can be more or less skilled at playing DayZ. You invited people to "prove me wrong" and unfortunatly you what you posted was wrong, both times now.  

Nothing is worse than thinking you're right when other people know you're wrong, so consider this some friendly help. It takes practice and patience to think through what it means to actually prove something, and there's one standard for it, so if you screw it up, it's easy to tell. 

Lots are friendly, so your post is invalid and if they'd just give us bandit skins or preferable something a lot subtler there'd be a lot less "friendly!" and a lot more "pew pew".

Edited by Thane
  • Like 1

Me playing on the very first time I came across someone. I've still never immediately shot someone without reason, and nobody has ever shot me without reason.

*snip*

Seeing a target is a sufficient reason to shoot it. 

All potential extermination targets are potentially dangerous and also potential competitors for resources. 

That's more than enough reason to exterminate them the first chance you get. 

Edited by Max Planck
vid is surplus to requirements

We announce ourselves as friendly to every one we meet. 

Unless it combat logs, nothing we come across ever escapes extermination. 

If a target does not respond to our friendly messages, it is exterminated immediately. 

• Like 5