blurhitz

Do you agree with modding in SA?

Do you agree with modding in SA?  

341 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with modding in SA?

• Yes
    • No
    • Others...

I played the mod for a lot of time, and I remember quite well when it started to die because of mods people made, like Epoch. After some months, there were almost NO vanilla servers in the mod. All I could do was wait until SA.

I don't know if I'm against modding, I never really thought if I was or not, I'm just worried if the same thing that happened to the mod will happen to SA... =/

So, what are your thoughts?

• Like 7

The mod will allways be here if people want to mod and stuff

so no dont let SA get over run with overwatch style servers 

Edited by meat pie
  • Like 10

Initially, before the release, I was liking the modding idea; I'm slightly against it now. The mod has so many variations at this point that it should meet anyone's modding needs, I say we keep the SA "Vanilla".

• Like 13

I hope mods are not allowed. You payed money for the game, you should be playing the game the way it's meant to be played, not a modded version of it.

EDIT: To clarify:

"I hope mods are not allowed [at this point in the development]. You payed money for the game [as it is now], you should be playing the game the way it's meant to be played [and testing it to help the development], not a modded version of it. [When the game is fully released, then modding would be okay, but if they were to allow modding any time before the full release, it would most likely hamper the testing process]." 

What I initially said was not very smart at all and I realize this. Being late at night when I posted this originally, I didn't fully think through what I was saying. I am not against modding, but I don't want to see mods released throughout the testing process, seeing as the full release still seems to be a long ways off.

Edited by Foxhunt
  • Like 4

mods wont affect anyone who dislikes mods. So why not?

I hope mods are not allowed. You payed money for the game, you should be playing the game the way it's meant to be played, not a modded version of it.

What if I were to say:

I hope mods are not allowed in Arma. You paid money for the game, you should be playing the game it's ment to be played, not a modded version of it.

You wouldn't even have Dayz

• Like 12

I support it if only for the fact that BI may decide to take the game in a direction that you may not enjoy as much.  This way you can mod it out and have a player base that enjoys that style of play.

I don't enjoy the 1000+ vehicle spawn with assault gun type of server - but then again I never play on them - doesn't impact me.

But, by modding my old server I was able to introduce features as harsher climate impacts, greatly increased zombie numbers and tweaking loot.  WIthout the ability to mod I don't think we would have the player base we do with the standalone.

Don't like a mod - don't play it! Easy.

• Like 7

no to mods, because the majority of mods don't do anything but make the game easier. 

not true in the slightest, I could not find a single populated vanilla dayz server in my region at the end of the mods life, and that was mainly due to shitty pvp mods, and private hive owners who used them as a gimmick to attract players. 

mods can fuck off. 

although i like pineapples idea of mods, so i'm changing my mind to, mods can only be allowed if they make the game harder. 

Edited by Capo
  • Like 5

no to mods, because the majority of mods don't do anything but make the game easier. 

not true in the slightest, I could not find a single populated vanilla dayz server in my region at the end of the mods life, and that was mainly due to shitty pvp mods, and private hive owners who used them as a gimmick to attract players. 

mods can fuck off. 

although i like pineapples idea of mods, so i'm changing my mind to, mods can only be allowed if they make the game harder. 

What if you found a mod that made the game far more PVE focused and more difficult?

What if I were to say:

I hope mods are not allowed in Arma. You paid money for the game, you should be playing the game it's ment to be played, not a modded version of it.

Very true, but I don't want the standalone to be the same way the mod was with several different mods of the mod with more people playing the mods and not the vanilla. You have a fair point.

• Like 1

What if you found a mod that made the game far more PVE focused and more difficult?

what if someone created one? 

all i'm saying is, we in no uncertain terms have no place for 1000+ vehicles, loadouts and extra military spawn servers, i'm not against mods, i'm against shit servers. The problem is the majority of the mods for the mod catered only to those servers, or were ignored. 

that's what everyone's scared of, and for good reason. It's not ideal, but i'd rather be a cunt than have the game turned into something i don't want.

Edited by Capo

The question is a bit unclear.

Is the question, "do you want mods in the SA", do you agree with Dean about mods" or "do you agree with me about mods"?

mods can fuck off. 

my statement still stands.

all the vanilla servers were seperated in population. hundreds of low pop servers when they all could just migrate to a more populated server. people always to to play low pop to hunt for their gear anyway. That is what caused this late game.

it's all about closing servers to compensate for population anyway. people wanted all these vanilla servers when people wernt interested in it enough to populate them ALL

Edited by RoanValorin

Not very sound logic. Many if not most tolerated Arma for DayZ. They didn't buy it wanting to play Arma.

Edited by Zeet.

The question is a bit unclear.

Is the question, "do you want mods in the SA", do you agree with Dean about mods" or "do you agree with me about mods"?

The question for the pool: "Do you want mods in the SA?"

The subject to be discussed: "What do you think about mods? Do you agree with them?"

:)

Not very sound logic. Many if not most tolerated Arma for DayZ. They didn't buy it wanting to play Arma.

I played arma before dayz :/

Other: 

Under the current circumstances some mods might spice up the game in its state right now. 

But it's an alpha so build updates are going to be too frequent for any dedicated modding to generate. 

I doubt anyone would waste their time until late beta or full release. It's just as well it's not possible right now. 

I think it's too bad you bought a really great game and only play 1% of it. 

• Like 2

My vote goes for modding in SA. 

Sure there were a fair number of negatives when it came to modding in DayZ mod, but there were some good things too, such as a lot of the features mods added over time. I like the idea of giving players the choice. If they prefer the DayZ experience as designed by Rocket and co then they will have the regular SA and those that want a different flavour of DayZ would have the various mods for it.

I would think most players would like mods in SA even if they only consisted of adding other maps.

• Like 1

What if I were to say:

Fucking this.

• Like 1

Moding isn't aloud in its current state, to my knowlage Dayz is copyright protected until such times as BI&Dayz Dev team allow moding for Dayz

that's why The guys that did the Arma3 variants of breaking point and 2017 didn't have Dayz in their name, and are suppost to not have any dayz specific code (although you can only do something so many ways before they look similar) 

Edited by Star Thornberry

Mods can be good. But given the current state of it all. I really hope that mods wont be allowed in the stand alone. They have a clean slate now. And really hope it will be a vanilla style. They can implement all the best from the other mods if they want to. 

And having to many others meddling with it and opening for hacks and such, Not to sure about that...

Should modding be allowed well its merely IMHO that yes it should and as it stands now even rocket has said in the future it WILL be allowed on SA.

Modding is how Dayz became what it is or have we forgotten this if the people from BIS were as narrow minded as some here can be then well we may never have had a game like Dayz we would all still be playing a mil sandbox game ( well those who didnt buy arma just for Dayz that is)

Asking as public non modded server use separate hives than modded server I don't really mind, no matter how small the modification

DayZ started out as a mod. That's enough to allow modding.