Itchysock

Combat Loggers and Ghost Warriors

Now fellow Dayzers – I am probably one of the best players in Dayz and what chaps my ass is Combat loggers and Ghost Warriors.

Dayz is what you make it, combat, banditry, survival etc.  For a computer game they try to make it as realistic as possible….

First of all, when I get shot at, regardless of the fact I have a character fully tooled up or just starting, I take the fight, or run away – I DON’T COMBAT LOG EVER, it defeats the purpose of the game.  All these posts about surviving for weeks or months (probably combat logging) is effectively cheating, cowardice, unable to handle gaming reality, the list goes on – one things for sure, is its NOT GAMING SKILL, which I am a master at.

The other is Ghost Warriors (Pussies).

These are people that log onto other servers to get the jump on you once they spot you..

Me and my partner in crime were on a hill in electro – we spotted these two pussies in the distance coming from a forest, let them get a little closer, they spotted us as well, we took aim and opened up…they shot back then disappeared (combat logged).  We kept a careful eye on the area, and surrounding area, nothing.  After about 8 minutes I heard a shot, looked round and same to players were behind us, the one killed me (that’s dayz, fully tooled up character about 8 days old gone) my friend killed one and then was killed himself…..

Basically these two cowards shat out the fight, knew where we were, logged onto another server, ran behind us, logged back on to our server and got the drop on us. 

This is appalling gaming and there should be a mechanism to deny logging out when under fire  (like in Tom Clancy Ghost recon), maybe a 20 minute delay from when last shot was fired.

I am a master at Dayz and will never combat log,  I take the fight or run and take my chances…if I die in a fair fight I accept that….

Combat logging and being a Ghost Pussy is not realistic and defeats the purpose of the game– you people will never be the gamer I am and are losers of the highest order!!!!

• Like 3

"ghost warriors" are better players than you, as evidenced by their ability to beat you and willingness to do whatever it takes to win...

• Like 3

i dont doubt your prowess at Dayz even if you have to say it yourself but i am doubting you forum abilities i mean come on couldnt this post be placed in one of the already large amount of ghosting combat logging threads that we already have???

• Like 2

And isn't there just a bit of ugly irony in a post that talks about being 'on a hell in elektro', 'being one of the best dayz players,' calling people 'pussies', and also getting beat, all at the same time? Hmm? 

Surely the rankings of 'good dayz players' goes something like:

People who can beat ghost warriors > ghost warriors > people who ghost warriors beat > fresh spawns who punch eachother > people on hills at elektro > ... etc? 

• Like 2

"ghost warriors" are better players than you, as evidenced by their ability to beat you and willingness to do whatever it takes to win...

So cheater, hackers and whatnot are better gamers?

There is an argument to be made for it, but for the sake of this discussion, lets set it aside and say that since they use things which aren't available to everyone, and which are forbidden by the terms of service, that it's an apples and oranges situation. 

@HCHellCaptain

You are obviously one of these people  and no, I don’t apologise for my lack of manners, these people deserve it  - if you read careful the post was referring to a mechanism that could stop people like you cheating (combat logging)  - I hate cheats in game an in life – you are probably a Lance Armstrong fan as well…

I just think if this is meant to be a realistic game as possible, lets keep it that way – ok still a long way to go..

If you are the master of dayz, why do you stay in the same position for 8 minutes after attacking someone? Doesnt seem very clever. Probably someone who heard you shoot that came to kill you..

• Like 4

You play the game you have though, not the game that will be ready in a year. 

DayZ Early Alpha is what it is, and to be the best at it you need to need to use all the tools in your tool box. 

You play the game you have though, not the game that will be ready in a year. 

DayZ Early Alpha is what it is, and to be the best at it you need to need to use all the tools in your tool box. 

Seriously your advocating using exploits guess the lowest level of people still need a voice so by all means carry on but expect to be hated for the scum you are... <_<

... kill yourself.   Respectfully.  ;) (edit: err... in game of course... that's what I meant, mods)

Edited by Nihilum

@ThomasTheCreeper

I didn’t time it and its not the point of the post - we were looking to spot them in the area they were in, while covering our surroundings – it was the same players as they were clearly identifiable – I know what I’m talking about – I am never one for cheats in games, right from my early zx speccy days through to amiga – I like the challenge better than the limp feeling of using a cheat – it feels much better coming out on top of a fire fight or flushing out a sniper the legit way…..its the real gamers/mans way of doing things….

• Like 1

THe ultimate skill in DayZ is patience, so if you're really good at it I guess you are a camper?

I am impressed and will avoid the hill of Electro because of the potential of meeting the self-proclaimed "Master at Dayz that will never combat log".

All you will ever hear of me is my shouting for "Mommy" when running zig-zag in a big circle around said hill.

Love this post is this Athene by any chance or just a wannabe. Talk about blowing your own horn. A good player doesn't moan but accepts things when shit happens. I love how the self vote system works on how to be a great player.. If only there was a rating system to back up some facts.. Where is this self rating system by the way? I wanna be the best player also! X

Love this post is this Athene by any chance or just a wannabe.

I am a genuine expert and master and quite happy to shout about it….I do get killed, usually my fault rather than the skill of the other player, but accept the death nevertheless and start again…..again the main point of this post (sorry if it wasn’t clear enough)is to see if anyone agrees that down the line there should be a mechanism to stop people combat logging when in combat – it’s a simple bloody question…

There is an argument to be made for it, but for the sake of this discussion, lets set it aside and say that since they use things which aren't available to everyone, and which are forbidden by the terms of service, that it's an apples and oranges situation. 

Well, using either hacks or the described lame tactics does not make you a better player but a lame one.

Stopped reading here. Nice ego boost post 

me to, little to much self-love by OP he must think its a Saturday night.....I guess that explains his Forum name......

Edited by Zaltor
  • Like 4

I am pretty sure experts do not moan and exploit themselves to a forum full non hardcore/hardcore players. Yea I can agree with the combat login but I cannot agree with your unrealistic ego.

I wanna be the best player also! X

You are, Wukey, you are. All you have to do is say it to yourself three times each morning, and it will be true!

But to the OP, all I'm hearing in your posts is that you are all that, and that you don't like combat logging and ghosting. Oh, and you got killed by someone and you don't like that either.

Thanks for sharing, because what we really need is another whiney post from a butthurt player about something that the devs are already fully aware of and working on. So once again, thanks.

PS: I am a Lance fan. Sue me!

And of course, another one of these.

The DayZ forums wouldn't be complete without 50 of these threads every day!

me to, little to much self-love by OP he must think its a Saturday night.....I guess that explains his Forum name......

haha this made me chuckle x

If you are such a great player where are your ideas on how to stop combat logging. I don't see them? .

I have one your player stays in game for 30 secs to 2 minutes after you log and can still be killed like in eve online.

• Like 1