crazyandlazy

So I read that people don't like FrankieonPC the youtuber for DayZ

Why not? He was the reason why I bought SA. Never played DayZ before. I noticed he doesn't play DayZ as much but why the hate?

• Like 1

Who hates him? He is the bandit killer himself and is hilarious. Does a great job of promoting the things he likes also, and he clearly likes this game.

• Like 1

this isn't really DayZ related. This topic is oriented at a controversial youtuber. Ignore the hate if you like him 

The dream of every fresh spawn: Frankie coming with Jack Frags and taking you to one of his old tales

• Like 3

Why not? He was the reason why I bought SA. Never played DayZ before. I noticed he doesn't play DayZ as much but why the hate?

Hate is a strong word.  I don't know anyone that actually hates him.

I wouldn't so much say "accused" as "caught" instead.

and:

q8MBZH9.jpg

I think that pretty much sums it all up.

• Like 3

I liked his videos... until the hackusation thread here, changed my mind on him. I will never support a hacker in anyway, but id say i am more contemptuous than hateful :D 

I haven't seen anyone replicate the strange things happening in his videos. The only thing I have heard they say he used to not hack is just word of mouth. I've seen video evidence that he hacks and believe it. 

What do you expect? Quality entertainment is scripted and full of lies. Welcome to hollywood. His videos are alright, I don't see why he was such a hit. I am willing to bet that him being a hit was planned and carefully marketed it. Why people on the internet think they are free from how the entertainment industry works is kind of funny. 

Frankie needed to hack to gather so many fans in a game such as this. I find his videos bland compared to some of the stuff I've seen in the gallery on this forum. I guess that makes me a hipster. 

• Like 1

Whether he does or not...I don't care.  I love his videos and think the man is hilarious.  He and Jack are the reason I bought DayZ SA, and I watch his videos for entertainment value.  They entertain me, therefore I support him until it can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that there is foul play involved.  Glitches happen and they aren't always reproducible.

• Like 1

The guy's a hacker. The problem is that he's hypocritical in his treatment of hackers. That's why people don't like him.

He's a talented videographer and has charisma to boot, but the way he plays (mostly with godmode) compromises the game for non-cheating players.

There's hours upon hours of video of him hacking, plus his incredible "luck", plus his weird denials and aggressive takedowns of videos explaining how he's hacking.

The easiest thing would either have been for him to admit it, apologise and explain that it makes his videos that much more entertaining, and then move on and not hack. Or, he could have just provided a couple of uncut videos - a videographer like him (with such a calibre of professionalism) would have hard drives upon hard drives of footage. Simply providing the uncut version of the most questionable of his encounters would have ended all accusations. He didn't do that.

In any case, modded debugs, the strange cutting around certain "action" points (him getting fatally shot and skipping away), him always beginning with military gear that is nigh impossible to find, the rediculous firefights he keeps surviving (which is possible, but the frequency he does it is questionable), and most of all, the actual admin logs of him being banned from a server for hacking (the hacking actually features in the video that got him called out) - where he kills 6 guys with an M14 while using god mode. And the fact that if you've ever seen hacking footage, his mimics it exactly (flashing temperature icons etc). 

Then, to make things worse, his later videos feature him shopping over the icons that show him on god mode etc.

Add on top of this the fact that he hasn't been playing SA (perhaps due to the hilarious fact that he's most likely been VAC/BattlEye banned) gives me a strong feeling he hasn't stopped. If the guys that naturally good in the mod, then he should be able to create as vivid a footage in the SA.

Edited by MR DELICIOUS

His 6 billion subscribers hate his guts, thats for sure. I personally feel similar to the way i feel about Bear Grylls. Disappointment is some ways, but still see talent there. One thing i don't like it the use of Pro-gaming setup to compete with in BF, especially combined with quick scoping because your just blinking massive amounts of people out of the game with your mouse cursor. Its not sportsman like, its selfish and a little bit unfriendly IMO.

The thing about recording DayZ though that i understand somewhat, is that i've personally had my car blown up in a mushroom cloud 20 times for brushing up against a tiny tree branch or going over a small pebble or going against the wind i think to hard lol. I've lot helis that took two days to repair since i play alone because of servers crashing while im flying. I could go on and on about dieing to all sorts of glitches. Point is it would of taken ages to get all those encounters and situations without using some god mode to get there.

Edited by Thane

I just hate how sometimes he sees peoples heads from 600 meters away yet he cant tell that he has ammo in his bag or just him being plain bad at the game

There is literally no way to prove 100% he cheated. The mod was extremely buggy, any "evidence" people have is all purely conjecture. Just as people are claiming cheats right now in the alpha when killed by invisible players or through walls or god mode, it all comes down to desync. The same could happen in DayZ mod.

You can call me a blind fanboy but to me you seem like some blind hater. He produces quality entertainment. I hate cheaters as much as the next guy but everyones claims about cheats could just be editing or some other bugs just as easily as it could be cheats. The only way we can know is if Frankie ever admitted to it, which he isn't going to so I choose to believe he doesn't cheat. Until someone has some perfect evidence of him cheating. Which no one does.

The guy's a hacker. The problem is that he's hypocritical in his treatment of hackers. That's why people don't like him.

He's a talented videographer and has charisma to boot, but the way he plays (mostly with godmode) compromises the game for non-cheating players.

There's hours upon hours of video of him hacking, plus his incredible "luck", plus his weird denials and aggressive takedowns of videos explaining how he's hacking.

The easiest thing would either have been for him to admit it, apologise and explain that it makes his videos that much more entertaining, and then move on and not hack. Or, he could have just provided a couple of uncut videos - a videographer like him (with such a calibre of professionalism) would have hard drives upon hard drives of footage. Simply providing the uncut version of the most questionable of his encounters would have ended all accusations. He didn't do that.

Except then they would find some OTHER reason to call him a cheater and demand the footage from THAT video. And so on and so on and so on. It would be a never ending cycle, it's better he didn't feed the trolls and just keeps doing what he is doing. The lack of proof for his innocence doesn't make him guilty. The evidence is all conjecture, especially in a video game as buggy as DayZ.

I just hate how sometimes he sees peoples heads from 600 meters away yet he cant tell that he has ammo in his bag or just him being plain bad at the game

Oh lord don't ever make mistakes! That is purely impossible!

Nobody is perfect all the time.

Edited by SubSt8

I like him because he knows how to make a plot and add suspense. He also gives away some nice tips on the way for us bambies.

Like him or not, who really cares except maybe himself.

• Like 2

Never watched the guy, heard rumors and went back to watching seal kiss from a rose.

A Good choice indeed for quality entertainment.

I enjoy Frankie's videos, he makes good videos, and besides some of his contradictory behavior, keeps me entertained. However his desire for perfect content has taken him down a dark path. I still watch some of his stuff, but I take it with a huge grain of salt.

• Like 1

I like him because he knows how to make a plot and add suspense. He also gives away some nice tips on the way for us bambies.

Like him or not, who really cares except maybe himself.

Honestly speaking, the only people who care are the ones who are secretly jealous. 

inb4hatetrain

Oh and I guess if I am perfectly honest, I am jealous also. I would love to be able to make money for playing a video game because people enjoy watching my content.

twitch.tv/subst8

youtube.com/subst8

But then again it never hurts to try!

Edited by SubSt8
  • Like 1

There is literally no way to prove 100% he cheated. The mod was extremely buggy, any "evidence" people have is all purely conjecture. Just as people are claiming cheats right now in the alpha when killed by invisible players or through walls or god mode, it all comes down to desync. The same could happen in DayZ mod.

You can call me a blind fanboy but to me you seem like some blind hater. He produces quality entertainment. I hate cheaters as much as the next guy but everyones claims about cheats could just be editing or some other bugs just as easily as it could be cheats. The only way we can know is if Frankie ever admitted to it, which he isn't going to so I choose to believe he doesn't cheat. Until someone has some perfect evidence of him cheating. Which no one does.

the video is pretty much solid SubSt8

Edited by JulioRey

the video is pretty much solid SubSt8

Which video? The one from a year ago quoting random people from reddit? Unless we knew exactly what version of the game, the mod, the launcher, his launch settings, his background programs, his drivers, his hardware and who knows what else might have a slight effect on the game, we can never truly reproduce his experience to prove that he was cheating.

I am not going to go step by step talking about why this video is just conjecture, but remember frankie may edit his videos to satisfy his story telling, so in one part he may have X but in the actual game footage he had Y and just chose to re-shoot the scene to make the video look better. This isn't cheating in game, this is just cheating the video.