Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.114008

I prefer to wait for a patch with great improvements than several daily patches with just a few fixes and improvements.

It´s all, keep good work dayz team.

I've played for nearly 60 hours and enjoyed the hell out of it. I'm not sure what it is you are doing wrong.

Apparently to you the game is unplayable without 200 guns. Let me ask you this. Why not just play Arma 3? It's amazing and they have all the weapons you could ever want. DayZ is a survival simulator not a military sim.

EDIT: Also here is the current road map: http://forums.dayzga...tures-for-dayz/

178 hours played here. and I am sick of the lack of content.

If you are sick the lack of content, go play another game until there is more? Why continue to stay here and moan on the forums with unreasonable expectations when you were warned repeatedly not to buy the alpha unless you were into testing?

• Like 4

Dude, they have set forth exactly what they are working on with time frames.

Jesus man, do you even read the announcements section?

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156129-confirmed-upcoming-features-for-dayz/

I don't think you got my post right. I myself pointed people to this roadmap multiple times. But roadmap have little to nothing to deal with my issue.

I.e. "early 2014" is not an ETA. And roadmap give us little to no info about the current progress.

High priority fixes should be:

1) Rubberbanding/Desync

2) Combat Logging / Server Hopping

3) PERFORMANCE in cities etc

The only way to improve the performance in citys is to buy a new pc, when you have no good performance than you pc is too bad, and it will never be better because when they add the zombies and the respawnable loot the fps will go down a little bit, so the only way for you is to buy a new pc ;) I mostly have 40 fps in citys with everything on ultra with antialaying clouds etc all on ultra, so its only a question of your pc system.

The only way to improve the performance in citys is to buy a new pc

no.

when you have no good performance than you pc is too bad

no.

when they add the zombies and the respawnable loot the fps will go down a little bit

yes, most likely.

so the only way for you is to buy a new pc ;)

no.

I mostly have 40 fps in citys with everything on ultra with antialaying clouds etc all on ultra, so its only a question of your pc system.

no, it's a question of optimizing the game.

Ontopic:

Been a few days since I had a rollback/freeze now. Next patch will probably solve it completely. (holding thumbs!) :)

Edited by Wh1spY
  • Like 4

its not a question of optimising, because the dayz mod on arma 2 runs all the time since it is realeased with the same fps, so my friend you can whitewash your pc but you will never get good fps unless you buy a new pc i bet with you ;) in one year the fps will be the same or maybe a little bit less than now :) so you can say what you want i will be proven right :)

but if you thing they will optimise the game than dream on :D

its not a question of optimising, because the dayz mod on arma 2 runs all the time since it is realeased with the same fps, so my friend you can whitewash your pc but you will never get good fps unless you buy a new pc i bet with you ;) in one year the fps will be the same or maybe a little bit less than now :) so you can say what you want i will be proven right :)

den u bet me wrong m8.

- "In the new year we will be optimizing the way we handle dynamic objects (such as loot) a great deal more which should give us significant savings - but the change was considered too risky to be done prior to alpha launch."

- "To assist with increasing player and zombie numbers, we will be parallelizing the server architecture." "This should provide some very, very dramatic improvement in performance where additional cores are available."

Source: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156129-confirmed-upcoming-features-for-dayz/

• Like 3

A 'WIP of the week' pic. You've seen it teased but soon you'll be able to find it. #dayzdaily 

Bd9BxD1CQAE4_Cb.jpg

• Like 17

Time to stack those shotgun shells!

Edited by Wh1spY

Looking forward to that shotgun! :D

But considering that the M4 already has low accuracy, I fear the accuracy of the sawed-off.

This post is so retarded, I made an account especially for you.

How can you possibly make an assumption that DayZ, in an ALPHA phase, will not be optimized?

You are correct inasmuch that DayZ cannot really run smoothly on an significantly outdated or under-powered laptop or PC. Yet if a GAMER has such, then they are simply kidding themselves.

But to give advice that somebody should upgrade their rig because of low FPS, and completely ignore that the core issue lies with optimization, is just completely idiotic.

• Like 5

Just wish they would get a fix out for this desync already. I've tried everything and havn't been able to succesfully play this game for a week now.

• Like 1

A 'WIP of the week' pic. You've seen it teased but soon you'll be able to find it. #dayzdaily 

Bd9BxD1CQAE4_Cb.jpg

To be put in log cabins, right?

Edited by Highlander007
  • Like 2

play arma 2 play arma 3 you will get nearly the same fps in this games as in the standalone, so loot and other things dont take so mutch fps its the engine and they cant improve then so mutch maybe 5 - or 10 fps but more i think will be impossible, so think what ever you want, but i promise in one year you will never get better fps than now, but maybe your dreams come true, and maybe tomorrow the aliens lands on earth, so dont dream life in the real world where arma or dayz is a hardware hungry monster ;)

High priority fixes should be:

1) Rubberbanding/Desync

2) Combat Logging / Server Hopping

3) PERFORMANCE in cities etc

The only way to improve the performance in citys is to buy a new pc, when you have no good performance than you pc is too bad, and it will never be better because when they add the zombies and the respawnable loot the fps will go down a little bit, so the only way for you is to buy a new pc ;) I mostly have 40 fps in citys with everything on ultra with antialaying clouds etc all on ultra, so its only a question of your pc system.

Just no...

I have a i7 4770k with 2x GTX 780 Ti, can't get more then 30 fps in cities.

I don't know why people are so upset with server hopping currently giving people an advatange.

You do realise character data wipes are inevitable? It's happened once already, I'd have a fair bit of money riding on it happening again.

Server hopping will get addressed in due course; I'd not get annoyed about it as much as people here do...

Because when people like you server hop you're basically exploiting a broken feature. You are not playing the game as it is meant to be played. Plus you're just hurting yourself, losing immersion and at the same time when they do finally fix server hopping you will be bored out of your mind.

Edited by Andromeda

So $30,000,000 and we have the slowest updates? Why can't they hire somebody? They almost have more money then star citizen lmao. Don't throw alpha out there. There is $30mil made. Fix it.

• Like 1

So $30,000,000 and we have the slowest updates? Why can't they hire somebody? They almost have more money then star citizen lmao. Don't throw alpha out there. There is $30mil made. Fix it.

We are constantly hiring new personnel. But the more people we hire, the more people we have to train which will drastically slow down development. A good example is the audio guy, who arrived right around the time of our release. I basically said hello to him, someone showed him his desk and then we told him we'd talk in a few days.

The key is not to get a whole bunch of people and throw them in, the key is to bring people, the right people, in a methodical way, equip them with the right tools, establish a clear and sensible plan, and then develop well. We are fully committed to all of this, now we have not just the resources but the mandate to do exactly what we want. This is the key. It's not so much the money, its what this means. It means it is a very good commercial success... which means DayZ (and other crazy game ideas I have) are now attractive propositions to investors.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1v5plj/has_bohemia_announced_plans_to_expand_their_dev/cep6hii

It's worth saying that we have just finished a period of crunch that lasted six months. We have been running a skeleton crew through the holiday period, and I'm quite proud that we have managed to push out a few patches. We made a conscious decision not to jump into anything, which initially happened after the mod blew up. This time, we are going to plan very carefully and make very deliberate decisions. This takes time. Our roadmap planning session happens later this month, as I fly to Prague tomorrow. After we have done that we will publish the results and it gives us all something to move towards.

Things like community generated content, and all suggestions really, they are quite complex and require careful consideration and planning. Even some of the minor changes we have been making have had serious repercussions with bugs and problems.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1v5plj/has_bohemia_announced_plans_to_expand_their_dev/cep7x4j Edited by SmashT
  • Like 11

play arma 2 play arma 3 you will get nearly the same fps in this games as in the standalone, so loot and other things dont take so mutch fps its the engine and they cant improve then so mutch maybe 5 - or 10 fps but more i think will be impossible, so think what ever you want, but i promise in one year you will never get better fps than now, but maybe your dreams come true, and maybe tomorrow the aliens lands on earth, so dont dream life in the real world where arma or dayz is a hardware hungry monster ;)

my fps in arma 3, arma 2 and zayd are totally different

Thank you SmashT for the update (post). First time seeing these quotes.  :)

178 hours played here. and I am sick of the lack of content.

Maybe you need a hobby.

You should try /r/outside

I think it has everything you're looking for.