Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.114008

I vote for a 5 second log out timer.. Longer is just plain dumb in my opinion. Say you have to go somewhere and you log out.. sitting there waiting for 20 seconds isn't ideal. 5 seconds would be enough time to make sure someone don't logout while shooting them.....

Edited by noey jerd
  • Like 1

I vote for a 5 second log out timer.. Longer is just plain dumb in my opinion. Say you have to go somewhere and you log out.. sitting there waiting for 20 seconds isn't ideal. 5 seconds would be enough time to make sure someone don't logout while shooting them.....

Yeah, because 15 seconds are going to kill you irl. 5 seconds timer will be totally useless

Even World Of Warcraft made you wait for 20 seconds if you were out in the wilderness. This is even more hardcore, so I'd say at least one minute would make sense. 

Has to be at least 10 sec to be of any use considering the common range of engagement this game has.

Why does it seem to me like they still only have a max of 5 devs working on the game and only 2 programmers? Also why does rocket take month long vacations? At this rate the game will never be completed. 

• Like 1

Why does it seem to me like they still only have a max of 5 devs working on the game and only 2 programmers? Also why does rocket take month long vacations? At this rate the game will never be completed. 

Did you tried to be part of the crew? Try to be hired and we will have the game in 2 weeks!

• Like 1

Andromeda I hope you realize this game is made by a small team of devoted people who, in my opinion, have delivered more quality so far than a whole army of COD or BF devs have with their latest release. Let alone Dean started this all alone living up to the expectations of thousands of gamers like us without a protective layer of marketing asses.

This game is made by gamers for gamers and made me forget I've bought BF4 two weeks ago. Nuf said.

Cheers!

Edited by Struikrovertje
  • Like 5

Andromeda why did you buy the game, when everywhere it's said "DON'T BUY THE GAME YET!"?
If you aren't gonna be patient, just go play "finished" games like BF4 in the meantime.

Otherwise don't be an ass.

• Like 3

why do you dont understand that no timer will make any differecne because you can log out with alt f4 so why would a timer make a difference when i only press alt f4 and my character dissapears ? do you dont understand this ? the timer is in dayzmod but if you want instand logout you just press alt f4 and it works .

Why did you guys fucking slack off after the first week? Updates are slow as hell now..

Because it was fucking Christmas? And like everyone who has a job, they get Christmas break?

Here in Europe the break is till the 6th so they had all rights to not make updates, but they made two instead.

• Like 3

Because it was fucking Christmas? And like everyone who has a job, they get Christmas break?

Here in Europe the break is till the 6th so they had all rights to not make updates, but they made two instead.

Does it look like the 6th FUCK no! Its the 10th dumb fuck! 

Edited by Max Planck
That's not how we talk to each other around here.

360Nation    We are all eager for updates, new content, new info, hell i myself take every 2-3 hours to check dayz twitter and forums to check for new, but they are by no means working slow, they are actually at a very nice rythm so stop complaining and wait. You arent the only one who wants new things on the game, but being an asshole about it wont make it come faster.

• Like 1

Bohemia:

schildkroete4_510.jpg

Edited by Ha1
  • Like 1

why people got beef? - an updates gona come when its ready lol.

360Nation    We are all eager for updates, new content, new info, hell i myself take every 2-3 hours to check dayz twitter and forums to check for new, but they are by no means working slow, they are actually at a very nice rythm so stop complaining and wait. You arent the only one who wants new things on the game, but being an asshole about it wont make it come faster.

I agree, You could just ask like hey Rocket or team, do you guys have a time frame on the next patch coming out? call me old fashion 

• Like 1

why do you dont understand that no timer will make any differecne because you can log out with alt f4 so why would a timer make a difference when i only press alt f4 and my character dissapears ? do you dont understand this ? the timer is in dayzmod but if you want instand logout you just press alt f4 and it works .

There will be a key logger that will pick up alt + F4. The would I aussume accomidate for standard crashing, but if alt + F4 && your in combat... then your character dies upon reconnection when you sync back with the servers.

either way they will figure it out I guess. :D

edit - or at least I hope they do

Edited by ministelis

Guys you should check this website https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

Keep in mind that there was a two week vacation between christmas and new year. We got already two patches and i expect to see a new one early next week which will fix .pbo deleting exploit and some desync issues hopefully.

https://twitter.com/rocket2guns/status/420480926674468864

https://twitter.com/Hicks_206/status/420866407664852992

Edited by drouz
  • Like 2

There must be no difference between quit, alt+f4, and killprocess (you can setup a macro to kill the process avoiding to use Alt+F4). This is the only acceptable method, and for this reason it cannot be that long, i think 30 seconds (with a not moving character) would enough.

New update this weekend?

I haven't seen any updates over weekends for standalone before, so it is pretty unlikely (sadly).

Devs need breaks too though, so no complaints here. Can only expect a huge update next time, since its been a bit since the last update. Aw yeah.

Edited by bonesnap

I'm not a moderator, but even I can state that this is getting out of hand.

Let's not derail the thread with anymore flaming. Get back on topic to feedback for the patch in question (0.30.114008).

On that note, I've only "rubberbanded" for the first few times after a fix was put in place for it. Confusing, I know.