I like it

It feels great when you let a round off and it jolts back into your hand

oh god that's a bad euphamism

I like it

Oh so dirty. I like the fact that you can actually put attachments on it

• Like 1

I love the fnx, but the magnum hits like a truck. Kinda undecided which gun i prefer.

I like it

Yeah i like how you can have multiple jolts as well

• Like 1

A nice gun but suffers from the same problem as the m4, only 10x worse. Can't hit anything with it beyond the point blank range. I'd like to see someone reliably hitting targets at the stated 50-75m range.

• Like 1

Nice gun, decent recoil but pretty inaccurate on distances over 50 meters and it's currently abit overpowered in my opinion.

I prefer the FNX over the .357 Magnum purely because of firing speed, reload speed and magazine capacity... that is just me though.

horribly inaccurate, clips are hard to come by (which is a good thing), ammo is in decent supply.  If they fix the accuracy a bit, it would be legit.

Given that its the most common ranged weapon in the game at the moment, what are your opinions on the weapon. Do you think its just as bad as the makarov or better than the G17 from the mod?

Weapons Tutorial for the FNX 45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOFbRde75jw

Whats there to think about...u pull the trigger when u see someone...they die

Besides, ppl from forums where they discuss real guns will only laugh when they see us discussing virtual guns

Edited by svisketyggeren

Can't for the love of God find any .357 rounds, so I'm packing a FNX for zombie encounters. I really like it and zombies seems to go down no matter where you hit them.

Whats there to think about...u pull the trigger when u see someone...they die

Besides, ppl from forums where they discuss real guns will only laugh when they see us discussing virtual guns

The point it to discuss if its a good weapon and a good addition to the game. Have a healthy discussion on if its a buggy piece of shit or a well polished weapon. Etc.

Also why would anyone care about us talking about Dayz weapons on the Dayz Forum, Its kinda expected. If I wanted to talk about real weapons I'd go on /k/

Given that its the most common ranged weapon in the game at the moment, what are your opinions on the weapon. Do you think its just as bad as the makarov or better than the G17 from the mod?

No pistol will ever be better than the mod g17. That weapon was a beast accuracy wise. FNX 45 is stronger than both though.

Honestly for how many moving parts there are to find it is horribly disappointing as a weapon. Finding bullets and the pistol is alright but finding that mag is literally searching for diamonds on the riverbed. If they want to make it so damn hard to put together they need to increase it's capabilities.

I love it.  I can hit people reliably around 20-30m or so.  Great sidearm for those carrying a Mosin.

Seems very accurate (as far as realism) for a semi-auto .45 ACP.

Being that I haven't found a rifle on this character, I currently have an FNX with 5 mags and 98 spare rounds.  Definitely my go-to sidearm at the moment until they put in either a Glock G22 or maybe an M1911A1.  But only because I own those two :)

• Like 1

Personally, i prefer the magnum. However, if i don't want to attract tons of attention (like the magnum tends to do), i use the FNX

I killed a guy who had an m4 with it. He was crouch-walking up the stairs and saw me. I assumed he wasn't friendly seeing as he said nothing and pointed his gun at me, so I unloaded something like 7 rounds into him as quickly as I could.

Have gone 1v2 against 2 M4 wielding bandits in Elektro with the FNX.. Came around the side entrance of the school and lit one guy up, took 1 shot from him, bandaged, and got his friend as he tried to hunt me down. Unfortunately didn't last very long after that, but the FNX definitely has stopping power. Only problem is the accuracy is a little derpy.

I have mine with 2 mags and pristine aim point sight. Wish I could put the weapon flash light under the barrel. looks like there are rails for it there.

I like it, I hate how the gun blocks my head mount flash light though, what is with that?

I only play survivor, and the hand gun is excellent for that.  I find that it is too random to get close to the Zs, the axe misses, they get a lucky hit, and destroy another head lamp...

A nice gun but suffers from the same problem as the m4, only 10x worse. Can't hit anything with it beyond the point blank range. I'd like to see someone reliably hitting targets at the stated 50-75m range.

That's true of real life pistols as well, though. If you can hit your target beyond 10m you're an expert shot!

Its a good gun, its fine that the damage is so low, what is not fine is the range. It needs an accuracy buff, it should be at least accurate out to 50 meters, my girlfriend can hit a target at 50 meters with all of my handguns.

i think it feels weak, but that might be because of the sound. it sounds like one of the peashooters from A3.