axtranti

Random soda, munching & zombie sounds

I'm on the middle of nowhere and I hear a zombie on my back, or someone eating and drinking right next to me. This just started to happen recently, am I the only one?

• Like 2

Yes it's caused by the network bubble.

Yup been getting this with every server since today.

No you are definitely not.  I have had friends constantly say you hear that?!  IS that you???!  Someone is eating/drinking.  And no one is there or they are hoping to servers to eat and log off.

However I myself have experience constant zombie sounds in the middle of nowhere with no zombies in sight pretty much all day.

• Like 1

Good to know, this bug was not ing 1-2 weeks ago... at least it never hit me as hard as it's doing it now :S

get it on busy servers, especially the eating sounds

some say the mountains are where spirits mingle with bandits.  They gather by the fire and share beans and tell tales. Ancient wisdom accompanies the sound of comradarie, consider this a good blessing.

• Like 2

I CONSTANTLY hear the "psst!" of a soda opening, but not the "gug gug gug" drinking sounds. It scares the piss out of me. 

i like being up north and still having the coast sound blasting my ears

• Like 1

some say the mountains are where spirits mingle with bandits.  They gather by the fire and share beans and tell tales. Ancient wisdom accompanies the sound of comradarie, consider this a good blessing.

I like this one.

This bug has existed since pretty much release. Weapon sounds are bugged too. You can have a guy shoot right next to you and you may not hear anything and you may hear a shot from 800 meters out like it was 3 blocks out. Sounds are generally very very buggy at the moment unfortunately. Even footsteps. I hear footsteps outside the building to my left but it is actually someone upstairs to my right. 

Edited by weedmasta

Sounds need some serious overhaul, but I think they are aware (should check bug tracker).

Also once melee hit will stop sound like a gunshot, it will be happy times.

I CONSTANTLY hear the "psst!" of a soda opening, but not the "gug gug gug" drinking sounds. It scares the piss out of me. 

^ This!

I though I was going mental...

Zombie sounds in the forests too..

Yeah i'd pretty much gotten used to the constant zombie noise and the constant (sounds like someone climbing/rattling a chain link fence) sound, but yesterday the munching in my vicinity made me jump out of my frikkin skin i spent the next 10 mins being prone 'ads' and doing 360's

No you are definitely not.  I have had friends constantly say you hear that?!  IS that you???!  Someone is eating/drinking.  And no one is there or they are hoping to servers to eat and log off.

However I myself have experience constant zombie sounds in the middle of nowhere with no zombies in sight pretty much all day.

I was starting to think the zombie sounds where the birds because every time I heard one I would look around and all I would see was a bird or 2 LOL

I'm on the middle of nowhere and I hear a zombie on my back, or someone eating and drinking right next to me. This just started to happen recently, am I the only one?

Yeah, I've been able to hear people talking as well that are nowhere nearby.  This is extremely infuriating when you have no idea if there are zombies or players nearby.

The chain link fence sound I think is just normal ambience. I heard it all the time on the mod, and afaik the fences only rattle as part of the ambience. I don't think it's even linked if there is an actual fence nearby.

I do agree about keeping it in, but only in certain circumstances. Like if your character is extremely dehydrated, he imagines taking a drink or opening a soda, if he is starving, he might imagine opening up cans of food and eating. Maybe if he has a fever he hallucinates more, and imagines zombies nearby. If he has had a few close encounters with bandits, if he's been alone for prolonged periods, he rarely imagines a second set of footsteps behind his, or even the sound of someone reloading nearby, etc.

Edited by Toybasher

i remember reading somewhere they used zombie sounds as placeholder for wildlife, or the wildlife somehow is using zombie sounds. scared the piss outta me as i stopped at night to catch my breath and heard a zombie on top of me in the middle of a forest o.0