Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.113953

can we please have atleast the lada added to the server now? its getting tedious running from kamenka all the time.

Can someone tell me, what this mean? - Thx a lot!

The skeleton is what makes your player animate. That's moving, jumping, shooting etc. It sort of acts like your RL skeleton does. It moves and the rest of your body moves along.

And apparently something about the skeleton (perhaps its bones) made the server go all nuts and crash.

Although I haven't noticed that yet - but then I'm not owning a server either ^^

Edited by damagefilter
  • Like 1

can we please have atleast the lada added to the server now? its getting tedious running from kamenka all the time.

I think adding the bicycles first will be fun and at the same time hilarious...  8-)

Once loot and zombies are throughoutly debugged and the servers are optimized, they will probably start looking into the crafting system and effects of damaged gear. Then they might consider adding vehicles. My absolutely random guess is no earlier than summer.

Anyone knows when this update is going to go live?

I don't know but I would like a answer for this too please

Fuck yea!! Rubberband@@#!!#" fixed!

This caused soooo much frustration the last couple of days.

You guys are the best. Thanks for fixing the bugs so quickly! Really a joy to be a part of.

:thumbsup:  :beans:

Finally, Can't enjoy Running Simulator when your player keeps getting teleported back.

Is it known yet what the dead player cleanup time is?

I'm sure many would appreciate it if this would be added in the patch notes instead of it being so vague. :P

• Like 1

Nice update!  Awesome work so far!  :)  :thumbsup:

Server lag, you reconnect because you see your friend running into a wall and puff. Your character gone. 2nd time with this bug. Should fix this.

• Like 1

I just have read this part on wonder how you guys would want to accomplish a proper clearup. You guys want to have it time-based like "120 seconds"? Because this would be kind of bad if a long range snipe kill happend (or similar).

Maybe you could add a value to each item a player has (the moment he died) and multiply this value by 5 seconds.

Basicly like :

Player A has just a flashlight (2), batteries (1) and a shirt (1) : Corpse would stay for 25 seconds   : (The typical fresh spawn would be cleaned up pretty fast, suicide corpses will despawn quick / less load on client/server)

Player B is basicly fully stuffed with gear, has a value of maybe 100, corpse will stay for 500 seconds, cleanup time will decrease with each item looted off (itemvalue * x seconds). The sniper has enough time to get to his target and if the corpse gets fully looted it will despawn in almost an instant.

Just an idea :)

What they need are 5-6 decomposing player models of lesser and lesser graphic quality.  After all have been cycled in over the course of a couple dayz or whatever, then the items they had are just placed on the ground where they died.

This is because other players coming in to the area NEED TO BE AWARE that other players are killing players in this location.  There should be some clear indicator to passers by that players have died there.  If the bandits don't clean up the gear, then let other players risk taking it.

Besides, with servers currently restarting every 2-8hrs., how does this affect performance?  Same number of items, just a different location.

Edited by Cinnabuns
  • Like 1

I know the topic is "pending update", but is there any estimate as to when it may be deployed through Steam? I ask because I've suffered the rubberband effect a few times recently, and each time it makes my character unmoveable - I have to kill the process and restart it since buttons and mouse clicks don't respond.

Thanks for the game. I'm enjoying the hell out of it. :D

same question here, when it will be released on steam?

i still have 0.30.113925

greetz

OMG! A lot of bugs reported and... this? Sorry, but I do not believe that the team is being so efficient.

Where is the "You have my rotten fruit!" button?

There have been three patches in 18 days with a week or two of holiday in the meantime. Calm down.

• Like 5

OMG! A lot of bugs reported and... this? Sorry, but I do not believe that the team is being so efficient.

Hicks is the only guy at work until monday. 

You expect one man to fix everything in the game in 2 weeks during christmas holiday?

These guys worked their asses off to get us the game by the end of the year, be patient FFS.

Edited by dromag67
  • Like 5

What they need are 5-6 decomposing player models of lesser and lesser graphic quality.  After all have been cycled in over the course of a couple dayz or whatever, then the items they had are just placed on the ground where they died.

I like the idea of the decomposing models, but the last part is not a good idea i guess...

I did some testing with items and the way the game handles them atm. What i did was basicly stacking up loots of items (~ 40 items i guess ; weapons, cans, tshirts and random stuff) inside a building and outside.

I got some distance and walked to the pile (with no direct view on the items), looked away and changed my view to pile. All caused significant fps drops (at least for me, maybe someone else wants to try that out, too).

So i am just in fear that when "shits got real in cherno" and the "killer" doesnt bother to loot... if all corpses despawn and the loot of the corpses just spawn laying on the ground the area might get "item-polluted" with unplayable fps

But maybe the way items are handled will change (direct view for items to be rendered maybe?).

Edited by HardstylerSL

I believe you shouldn't be playing at all if you don't want the bugs.

Better to have a lot of small updates every week or so than a "big" update with longer time in between. 

Make it so that instead dead player bodies get's cleaned that they instead rise up as a zombie.

Also please add log out timers & spawnable killable player dummy if he dodge log out timer and disconnect his internet.

• Like 2