frankspec

Played a couple of hours then died and i have to start back? Wow really? Wtf

I played a couple of hours then some dude shot me now im dead and i have to restart really??

What the... Isnt there another mod where i could respawn with my stuff i dont have alot of time to play this but when i do i want to have fun

Thanks

Yeah could be worse you couldve just logged back in and be misisng all your stuff. Expect to lose hours and hours of work, but thats the gyst of the game eh?

Welcome in the wonderfull world of perma death. This is exactly why you will get a massive adrenaline peak next time you meet someone (or climb a ladder ;) )

• Like 3

World of Warcraft player detected, in modern MMOs death penalty is nothing compared to the first generation MMOs. If you don't wanna lose your stuff, don't die  ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ. 

Welcome in the wonderfull world of perma death. This is exactly why you will get a massive adrenaline peak next time you meet someone (or climb a ladder  ;) )

The adrenaline when you're about to die is what makes the game worth playing, nailed it.
Edited by axtranti
  • Like 1

...thats what 'persistent' death means. This is at the core, what DayZ is about. Its is NOT a casual gamers game by design...

Be happy tho, you died not because of an 'alpher' glitch and actually got to be murdered :D

There are a lot of modded servers with DayZMod that has quicker gear progress and/or custom layouts to start with.

Personally I prefer the cold gritty gameplay of the unmodded servers (both SA & mod). It just makes every single accomplishment feel so much real when you know you risk losing all to a stray bullet from either a bandit or your own buddy (Im looking at you Timberfox).

• Like 2

What the... Isnt there another mod where i could respawn with my stuff i dont have alot of time to play this but when i do i want to have fun

The fun is finding the gear first. 

For example our group buys a server, we start up and within the first 5 minute of a brand spanking new server I find a M4A3 and a GPS fortunately at that time I was the only one with a gun.

This was a private hive. 

Edited by Sleeping Tobi

Someone else who didn't read the disclaimer..

I'm not sure it's as much 'not reading the disclaimer' as it is 'not knowing what the DayZ experience is all about'.

Someone else who didn't read the disclaimer..

Well... I mean the disclaimer is nothing to do with perma death... It's not a bug or a glitch. It's not because it's in alpha, that you lose all your stuff. It's because that's the game - and the disclaimer has nothing to do with that.

Anyway, you'll have to get used to it, man. That's what the game's about - trying to survive. There'd be no point in playing if you could just die and respawn with all of your loot. It's a post-apocalyptic simulator, basically. If you got murdered in real life, would you respawn with your stuff?

Welcome in the wonderfull world of perma death. This is exactly why you will get a massive adrenaline peak next time you meet someone (or climb a ladder ;) )

enjoy it as long as it lasts. soon there will be tents again and permadeath is gone.

Well... I mean the disclaimer is nothing to do with perma death... It's not a bug or a glitch. It's not because it's in alpha, that you lose all your stuff. It's because that's the game - and the disclaimer has nothing to do with that.

Anyway, you'll have to get used to it, man. That's what the game's about - trying to survive. There'd be no point in playing if you could just die and respawn with all of your loot. It's a post-apocalyptic simulator, basically. If you got murdered in real life, would you respawn with your stuff?

I would join the military if I could respawn, aye?

• Like 1

Next time you see someone shoot them before they can shoot you. Or run away. Don't try to talk to people or help anyone or do anything with other players. 95% of people will shoot you in the head and take your stuff. I used to be friendly and talk to people. What a newbie mistake. Now I kill or be killed.

Yeah like people have said already this is what DayZ is about but i gues you could rent your own server and play there if you just want to explore and find loot and kill zombies :) but in the public servers there is PvP and atm thats all there is pretty mutch ^^

I killed a couple of zombies but they never have anything and they disapear ..geez!!

Edited by Guest

Welcome to the game m8!

Now re-spawn and play more careful. This is what the game is about, but let me give you a few tips.

- DO NOT talk with other players without hiding behind a wall or something, usually if they see you they WILL kill you.

- DO NOT think the guy you talked with is friendly just because he told you so, always be paranoid, always be on your guard.
- GET OF THE COAST!

Edit* Well he is ignoring all our posts, so he is most likely a troll.

Edited by Wh1spY

Im not ignoring im actually learning!!

Whats the m4a1 icon on tbe zombies when u kill them??

Does zombies have stuff to loot cuz i didnt find anything

Answering that question above, zombies currently dont have loot and that symbol is the loot symbol.

In response to the thread: that's what makes the game hard, thats the whole point, did you never play runescape when you were younger and lose everything you worked hard for? cause I did and it sucks, it makes you angry and you want to not play anymore, but you do because you want to prove to yourself you can get it all back and learn from your mistakes. At least thats how I see it.

I've had this game like 2 days and i've been murdered in cold blood and tied up and robbed and force fed rotten kiwi's by some thugs in Elektro. At the time I was annoyed at why they did it but now I think, serves me right for wandering about in a big town with a can opener.

What other game can people tie you up and force feed you rotten kiwi? None.

Edited by English

Best advice I can give to a new player is be paranoid! For example when u loot a barracks and other military buildings always shut the door behind when your inside and when your done and make it look like you was never there. It saved my life today when I was in green jail building at a military base trying on gas masks I heard a players foot steps inside the building so I camped my ass off prone aiming at the door I shut to the room I was in then as soon as he opened BAM BAM BAM! I riddled him with like 17 bullets lol and he hit me with 1 but I watched Merino DayZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwNgTnj9hBE and learnt to stuff my fat face with loads of food and water and had healthy status on my character so my blood and colour regenerated to full in like 5 minutes and I haven't had a hunger or thirst message for 5 hours lol. So shut doors and be a fat shit and you will be fine!

• Like 2