Etherimp

Instant Death Glitch, CONFIRMED.

This happened to me in the control tower at the NE airstrip.  Pretty sure it wasn't just a sniper because I didn't hear any shots, just instant death while I was in my inventory menu.

Me too.. in the middle of the NE control room with other 5 mates in the area (just to specify it wasn't a sniper, neither it would had a clear shot)... instant death. I think there's a glitch with the building model.. also my body wasn't lootable after that, because it fallen into a not accessible area/room.

Initially i believed it was a sort of feature (poisoned... hearth attack... whatever...) but the fact that it happened to someone else in the same exact spot makes me think that it's the building.

Ok, this "might be a bug" indeed and if so, would be nice to isolate it and have it fixed.

HOWEVER...

It could also be something else:

- Did you turn off PostProcess Effects at any point?

- Was your screen "blurred" at any point before for a period of time?

- Where you "injured" before and never entered a proper healthy/healing state?

- Where you "hit" by an infected and never properly treated the wound with antibiotics?

- Where you properly fed?

What "could" simply have happened is:

You were injured before and lost Blood AND Health. Having PostProcess effects off, you never noticed Health loss and only treated Blood Loss via natural regeneration or Saline IV. Then you were sick from never treating the wounds properly, or simply not properly hydrated and fed and were slowly losing Health (not Blood), putting you at a good level of Blood (due to Saline IV) but EXTREMELY low Health (which you never noticed, since effects were off). Then, a VERY small, mundane thing happened, which caused a slightly loss of Health, instantly killed you...

I'm not saying this happened, but it could potentially have....

Broke my legs walking down the stairs in an office building. Was a 3 minute old Bambi, so nothing effecting me other than thirst/hunger.

To me it seems the game is super-buggy lately when you strafe+walk/run (which I normally do as a habit). Might have had something to do with my broken legs too.

Edited by kennyomg

happens out of nowhere.. 
will(must)be fixed over time

Well i got 'insta- deathed' too as described in this post. Second story in a house near the top of the stairs. Damn body was'nt there either after I got a good respawn. thought they fixed that bs.

Just happened to me, looting the shipwreck in one of the cabins, bent down to pick up some boots and you are dead. Perhaps they were infected caterpillars! 

This happened to me in the control tower at the NE airstrip.  Pretty sure it wasn't just a sniper because I didn't hear any shots, just instant death while I was in my inventory menu.

this happened to me tonight. top of control tower, at lockers then 'you are dead" my buddy was downstairs, and heard nothing, another buddy on hill, nothing, downstairs buddy comes up, my body is not there.

he somehow found a corner and looked in building, my body was on the ground inside the airtower unenterable area.

so im thinking this is a lag issue, where you lag or something then you drop through a building and it kills you.

there IS a sound bug however and sometimes you cant hear shots, so that may be issue for some people as well.

the question that i think needs answering is, is there a kill command if you are stuck IN a building? that might explain people lagging into a spot that the game considers INSIDE a building and kill you for it

Is this bug back? Instantly died when I reached the top of the stairs in the ATC at the NW airfield, it was just my friend and I online on the server at the time.

yeah, its a bug.

died at least ten times because of 1st or 2nd floor in either ATC/prison/firestation/normal house/barn.

I tried all the press "v etc" myths. it still easily happens so i doubt it will "reset" my position as some claim.

if you're lucky enough you will just loose your shoes pants and legs.

Afaik desync causes it. Some servers are just laggy as hell (unresponsive, laggy inventory... find another server, same lag will occur when you walk in the 2nd floor and wham, you broke your legs because your char suddenly changed position for some 20m up in air )

General rule for me is once im geared, i dont enter 1st r 2nd floors, fk it. Dying anywhere far away from the coast by a glitch when u play with a group is more than annoying.

Edited by halp

I've had the whole Random death/broken legs/fractures mostly in the two story green buildings, military pd's, and the firestation's tower.

The spots that have triggered such a "Random" thing as mentioned are, to the left of the window as you enter the room in the green two story house, the area behind the steps on the second floor of the pd, as well as when I've crouched by the bench on the pd's second floor, death has been exclusive to the bunk bed area in the pd, and I typically get killed or broken on the second level of the firestations tower.

This is almost as annoying as when rubber banding was very common in-game.

Okay this makes sense, glad it's not just me and also it's happened to my friend once as well on Devil's Castle, I think you guys are right once you're geared just avoid the second floor in a building altogether.

Happened to me once...

Maybe it is invisible hack + bow/crossbow + headshot  :D

I think this happened to me at the Castle today.

Looking at some shoes, 'You are dead'.

Topic cleaned.

Please don't get personal and/or offtopic.

Topic cleaned.

Please don't get personal and/or offtopic.

Dude you keep deleting all my posts.  The last one was totally on topic and not insulting.  Do you have a personal problem with me?  Or is your problem with having an honest forum where pple can share there experiences without being censored?

I died instantly walking down a grass hill from desync which threw me into the air - that is totally on topic.  Rocks are the most dangerous thing in the game, that is not a joke or an insult.  The hill I died on had no rocks.  Is that clean enough to post?

Dude you keep deleting all my posts.  The last one was totally on topic and not insulting.  Do you have a personal problem with me?  Or is your problem with having an honest forum where pple can share there experiences without being censored?

I did not delete any of your posts. Please check your notifications, as you will get one if one of your posts are being hidden.

Furthermore, a PM would have sufficed. Alternatively & to follow the rules:

Moderators:

We are people like the rest of you and we are all susceptible to emotions and 16 hour days. Moderators will treat everyone equally. Should it be felt that the moderators are overstepping their boundaries, please contact them or Boneboys directly via PM; at most parts of the day, moderators are very friendly people and should be willing to listen. However please refrain from posting it publicly if it involves only a single moderator as it usually ends up turning into a bashing session and would just end up with everyone in the shits.

This just happened to me, spawned in Solnichniv. I ran from there to NE Airfield and then NW towards Severograd. While i was on my way up the firestation in Severograd I just randomly died while standing still on the 2nd highest floor in the tower. Aprox. 2 minutes earlier I noticed I was alone on the server with 1 ping and 0 desync. Sux to lose everything you've collected for like 4-5 hours just out of nowhere like that... The game is to enjoyable and captivating for bugs like these :(

I died today too, i was playing with my friend, we are looting a prison then i just broked my leg and died, no running at stairs, no shots, no bleeding just died.