Aurentius Maximus™

PvE Server - Killed by a Human

You sir don't have a clue how SA is working with servers right now do you?

Sure, admins go around kicking people off if they choose to.  Considering there's absolutely no official test servers to go on and do official testing to make official bug reports about, quite frankly Admins should be kicking people off if they want to do actual testing.  If you don't want to test and just play the game, join any other server on the list.  It's amazing how Bohemia, Rocket, and co. think it's a good idea to punish server hosts by removing them from the hive if Bohemia "decides" they aren't playing by the "rules".  If they don't want anyone to be able to be kicked from a server, or have a server locked down by kicking people, they shouldn't have a kick option in game right now.  Plain and as simple as that.

• Like 1

Well I personally think the biggest thing people are missing with their statements of PvE is useless, or PvE is for noobs, the rules state PvP on,  etc etc etc and all the internet tuff guys talking big over their computers, is as Rocket/Devs stated, we are in TESTING phase one.  As we move into more testing they have said people will be able to lock their servers, and possibly play on their own hives.  This of course will change the dynamics of SA.  Players who enjoy holding hands and singing kumbaya my lord, while killing zombies can do that, without the typical 21 year old wanna be baddass griefer bothering them.

On the flip side, those of us not bothered by KoS  will continually play on the normal servers.  As mentioned over time, the game will evolve and people will "play as they want". With that said, it is funny how angery some of the children get when people complain about being KoS'd.  Did they not pay the same 30$ you paid?  I know when you go back to school you want to brag to your friends just how badass you are in gaming with your KoS skill set.  But really, does it matter?  It doesn't.

Sure, admins go around kicking people off if they choose to.  Considering there's absolutely no official test servers to go on and do official testing to make official bug reports about, quite frankly Admins should be kicking people off if they want to do actual testing.  If you don't want to test and just play the game, join any other server on the list.  It's amazing how Bohemia, Rocket, and co. think it's a good idea to punish server hosts by removing them from the hive if Bohemia "decides" they aren't playing by the "rules".  If they don't want anyone to be able to be kicked from a server, or have a server locked down by kicking people, they shouldn't have a kick option in game right now.  Plain and as simple as that.

Wrong again. There are official test servers. They are the experimental servers. You can opt in for those if you wish. But please disregard those admins breaking the agreement they signed with Bohemia when they decided to rent a server for Dayz. I'm sure those admins wouldn't keep breaking the agreement and rules set forth by Bohemia when testing is done and the game goes live. 

Yeah why would anyone actually want to test this game and not just play it like the mod as a released and final version?!

Oh wait..  No you all are right, it's probably best that we all just keep mindlessly playing the game, killing each other on sight, and not actually test things that are reproducible and provide how to reproduce them.

If you guys think Rocket intended for DayZ to be a PVP game based off of ArmA with Zombies running around, you're a little off.  They're going for a survival game, that doesn't necessarily mean every single player has to murder every other player whenever they see them, or ever.  Surviving for any character in DayZ means staying alive, that doesn't have to involve the PvP killing of any other player, ever.  If people are coming into DayZ expecting people to never shoot them because this is a test, sure that's silly.  However, all of you trolls who post "PS it's an alpha" or "LOLOLOLOLOLOL look at the carebear" really are just wasting everyone's time and displaying just how little your parents taught you.

Sums it up pretty good. Coudn't agree more.

Oh wait..  No you all are right, it's probably best that we all just keep mindlessly playing the game, killing each other on sight, and not actually test things that are reproducible and provide how to reproduce them.

Aren't they already testing the game by finding out what happens if you force feed a player or let him drink alcohol or what a bullet does to a target from different ranges or mastering the art of combat logging and server hopping so rocket can do something against it?

• Like 1

That's really not how it works, I promise.

easy enough to host your own server, I already know of a few people doing just that outside of the "white listed" servers but hey if they want to run servers with special rules thats the way to do it.

It's pointless to talk or argue with people who think everything is about PVP. There brain is...wait they have no brain. :D

• Like 1

PvE servers shouldn't exist in the first place...

Why not? People have the right to play the game however they want.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I joined a PvE server yesterday, because I am bored of joining a PvP Server looting something and getting shot after 10min. Now I played about 1 hour on the server, then a full armed guy appeared who just randomly shot at me... ofc I am dead. Why the hell are those "randomers" on a PvE Server. Maybe I am not the only one here.

Best Regards

If you see a server that claims to be PvE and tries to enforce that, then please report them so the server can be taken down.

This will never hopefully end up like Battlefield with all the stupid rules people try to enforce. If your on the public hive, it's grounds to take down the server.

Edited by ProGamerGov

False, you can Have a PVE server enforced by an Admin with kill feed. I played on a Epoch PVE server and it was fun as hell because we could test out how to build and put the server to its limits, PS know bandits would be hunted and killed by Admin due to the fact that it was stated in the Rules, which was shown every time there was an announcement. The last rule stating, if you kill someone you will first be hunted down and killed as warning, do it again character whip, and after that banned.

The guy pays for his own server he makes the rules for his servers so don't give me that bullshit that DAYZ does not need a PVE aspect in the game. 

You can call a server whatever you like but if you kick someone for killing then you are in breach of the rules and the server will be taken down. 

There are no Private servers atm in SA - comparing to the mod or Epoch is not applicable.

Fact is the guy who pays for the server follows the rules or he no longer has a server. Simple.

Hey guys,

I joined a PvE server yesterday, because I am bored of joining a PvP Server looting something and getting shot after 10min. Now I played about 1 hour on the server, then a full armed guy appeared who just randomly shot at me... ofc I am dead. Why the hell are those "randomers" on a PvE Server. Maybe I am not the only one here.

Best Regards

Are zombies not humans?

Also, PvE server should not even exist in the first place. Although... now that I think about it.... it would be an easy place to go to kill some bambis.

You can call a server whatever you like but if you kick someone for killing then you are in breach of the rules and the server will be taken down. 

There are no Private servers atm in SA - comparing to the mod or Epoch is not applicable.

Fact is the guy who pays for the server follows the rules or he no longer has a server. Simple.

Eventually DayZ Standalone will have its private hive servers and it actually does atm, just like the Mods.The server admin can keep his/her server even if he doesn't follow the rules BECAUSE back in dayz beta servers who didn't follow the rules were just blacklisted, meaning it was a list of un-trusted servers in dayz but was still part of the Public hive, the admin having a "blacklisted" server would be a benefit for them because they wouldn't have to worry about most people joining their server.

BECAUSE back in dayz beta servers who didn't follow the rules were just blacklisted, meaning it was a list of un-trusted servers in dayz but was still part of the Public hive, the admin having a "blacklisted" server would be a benefit for them because they wouldn't have to worry about most people joining their server.

In the DayZ mod, hackers weren't banned en masse because they had no reliable means to do so. Just because something happened in the past doesn't mean it's part of the long term plan moving forward. It was pretty clear if you followed the development of the mod that the team wanted servers to follow their rules and basically just gave up on enforcing them eventually because there were too many people breaking those rules and the team was too small to devote a lot of time to enforcement.

Now that Valve and Steam are involved, and the team has some capital with which to invest in things like community managers and moderators and to work more closely (i.e., pay up) with server hosting companies, I would not be surprised at all to see them return to their desire to enforce the rules (because, you know, that's why rules exist in the first place). They have clout now. Before they were basically powerless. Now they can tell Vilayer "enforce our rules or we're not going to let you host DayZ servers." And Vilayer is going to say "Yes, sir," because they want to cash that big juicy check at the end of the month.

It's one of those things that's kind of a no-brainer. If they wanted to allow private hives, why wouldn't they just do it? It's just a matter of saying "Private hives are okay." It costs them nothing to do that, so if that's what they wanted they would have. The fact that they specifically disallow private hives says, to me, that they intend to stand by that and do what they can to make sure people don't "take control" of the DayZ stand alone and redesign it with their own vision for the game. It's not a mod anymore. Server admins just pay the bills and keep the servers running. They won't get to decide how people play the game the way they did during the mod days.

• Like 1

Banning from the server, or from the game (all servers)?

Edited by Thane

PvE is against the rules for the time being. You'll have to stick to the woods and play squirrel until private servers come about.

Where is it written that PvE is against the rules? Thats crazy.

I watched Briggil, with his clan, play DayZ on youtube i think the first week it was released. It was pure PvE. It doesn't make sense that they would officially ban PvE.

Edited by Thane
  • Like 1

Where is it written that PvE is against the rules?

From what I've read from people involved in the forums (moderation/administration) you aren't allowed to enforce zero-pvp rules at the current stage of testing. I can't vet this as I have no interest or power in the server management but I tend to believe team members. A lot of people seem to think that encouraging players to not shoot someone in the face for no reason is the same thing, but that is besides the point. There are still some that forget this is an alpha test, and the point is to test the game under normal circumstances.

Once private servers and whatnot come along people will be free to create 5 slot servers for their pals to dick around in. But until then, they'll just have to suck it up.

You actualy believed there where PvE servers?

Sorry this made me laugh!!

PvE = Player Vs EVERYTHING right? ;) :P :P :P

• Like 1

You sir don't have a clue how SA is working with servers right now do you?

Then you clearly do not know what the meaning of money is, realistically the person who rents or pays for the server SHOULD be able to make his/her own rules for said server, of course I understand locked servers can be abused but that doesn't change anything about kick/banning players that SHOULD be allowed for the sake of moderation, then again of course rocket should ONLY entrust this with players that ONLY rocket can trust namely those mature enough to rent/pay for the server(without stealing credit cards), rocket should also enact a system where the user must verify his/her age, this should also include DOB, and other various things that will be kept private. Also I don't see rocket paying for the servers that players are paying for, if rocket wants to enforce his strict rules maybe he should remove rentable servers until hes all well and ready to let players have their way.

Edited by Tyrael75

PvE for Beginners is pretty good, in my mind. It helps to learn how the game works etc. Just try to image you've found new thing and u want to try it out and get killed...

i disagree. one of the core mechanics of this game is the danger of other players. learning how the game works means learning how to survive - survive the elements, survive the infected, and most of all survive the hostile (or as i call them 'potential friendly') players.

i am a carebear, i shoot back only when i was shot at first. but i would not play this game if there was no danger of hidden snipers or trigger-happy random encounters.. the threat of people killing you on sight - or backstabbingly killing you after they chatted with you and pretended to be friendly - is what makes the friendly encounters so valuable and enjoyable..

people like KoS or ZedsDead are the spice that makes my carebearing enjoyable. and i am grateful for that. learning to live - and enjoy - it, is learning to play DayZ, and this should be experienced from the start.

• Like 1

Then you clearly do not know what the meaning of money is, realistically the person who rents or pays for the server SHOULD be able to make his/her own rules for said server, of course I understand locked servers can be abused but that doesn't change anything about kick/banning players that SHOULD be allowed for the sake of moderation, then again of course rocket should ONLY entrust this with players that ONLY rocket can trust namely those mature enough to rent/pay for the server(without stealing credit cards), rocket should also enact a system where the user must verify his/her age, this should also include DOB, and other various things that will be kept private. Also I don't see rocket paying for the servers that players are paying for, if rocket wants to enforce his strict rules maybe he should remove rentable servers until hes all well and ready to let players have their way.

As someone who has been gaming online since you could dial into MUDs with a 300 baud modem: people my age (40+) are the least mature players ever

Edited by e47
  • Like 1

False, you can Have a PVE server enforced by an Admin with kill feed. I played on a Epoch PVE server and it was fun as hell because we could test out how to build and put the server to its limits, PS know bandits would be hunted and killed by Admin due to the fact that it was stated in the Rules, which was shown every time there was an announcement. The last rule stating, if you kill someone you will first be hunted down and killed as warning, do it again character whip, and after that banned.

The guy pays for his own server he makes the rules for his servers so don't give me that bullshit that DAYZ does not need a PVE aspect in the game. 

Except, this is the DayZ Standalone, Server Owners have to follow the Rules stated by the DayZ Developers - Rocket - Or whoever established the rules, there are no private hives yet.

Maybe if the Owner doesn't likes to follow rules, he should stop hosting a server. Simple as that :P