Aurentius Maximus™

PvE Server - Killed by a Human

"the threat of people killing you on sight - or backstabbingly killing you after they chatted with you and pretended to be friendly - is what makes the friendly encounters so valuable and enjoyable.."

For you. Thing is people are capable of getting different amounts of enjoyment out of different things. In fact, none of us experiences the game in exactly the same way. D&D players are more immersed in their game world than probably just about all DayZ players, without any visual stimulus at all, just their imaginations. I experienced DayZ the similar way when i started playing DayZ, I followed the power lines and avoided players, immersed in the alternate reality and playing as if i was there. Boring eventually, but it was extremely fun then. Some people, like my cousin (Afghan vet) who avoids games where there is any violence against people, might be one of those people on that server. Nothing wrong with it. I'd recommend laying off the insistence on apple pie to the people who have told you 10 times they prefer pumkin. If it interferes with testing, perhaps thats different.

Edited by Thane

Then you clearly do not know what the meaning of money is, realistically the person who rents or pays for the server SHOULD be able to make his/her own rules for said server, of course I understand locked servers can be abused but that doesn't change anything about kick/banning players that SHOULD be allowed for the sake of moderation, then again of course rocket should ONLY entrust this with players that ONLY rocket can trust namely those mature enough to rent/pay for the server(without stealing credit cards), rocket should also enact a system where the user must verify his/her age, this should also include DOB, and other various things that will be kept private. Also I don't see rocket paying for the servers that players are paying for, if rocket wants to enforce his strict rules maybe he should remove rentable servers until hes all well and ready to let players have their way.

Dude, what "should" is not how it is, and frankly many people seem to disagree with you how it "should" be. That said, the way it actually is, is that you lose your server, period. This is not up for discussion, has been confirmed numerous times, why are you making a discussion out of a point there is nothing to discuss about? Link:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-server-reporting/

I really don't understand what is so hard to follow about this. Servers are available for rent, IF people follow the rules. Apparantly, many people find this agreement interesting. Also, most people with a bit of insight in the mechanics of the game understand WHY you can't ban just because someone does not follow your rule. So why should Rocket remove rentable servers, because the renters (who are fine with the rules apparantly) cannot be the boss in their own server? Read up man, ask someone hosting a server, maybe he can make you understand how this works.

Seriously, I am getting kind of fed up with people barging in into these threads, don't read ANYTHING and just spray their opinion around. There have been several posts in this thread that "it is YOUR server", well bollocks, thanks for nothing.

Edited by Liquidje

this thread drip with too much fear and butthurt guys :D

is 2 type of guy play dayz

1st type LOVE pvP :thumbsup:  ;)

2nd type HATE pvP :o

all guys hate to die

BUT IS HORROR GAME 

is same like 2 type of guy for rollercoaster ride 1st type love fast ride enjoy adrenalin :thumbsup:  ;)

2nd type don't join queue from fear and stay alone watch friends having fun times :thumbsup:  :(

I don't say all guys who going amusement park MUST GO ROLLERCOASTER RIDES

But same is crazy for them saying NO GUYS GOING ROLLERCOASTER RIDES because there is scare pussy guys around :huh:

is asking question 'why is pussy guys coming to amusement park where fast ride is #1 point???'  

'why is carebear play game about life and death and murder is big part?'

2nd type guys need to grow testicle enjoy adrenalin and tension feel from risk of attack from player

or if this is too much for nervous guys GO PLAY SIMS FEEL SAFE

I play before too many PVE server in mod only for kill carebears

every CAREBEAR I kill was full gear coyote pack DMR or AS50 silence pistol etc SD backup rifles

FOR WHAT they having this shit????

for kill zeds and one cow???

is make me feel ashame to be human when I see cowards hide from truth of world

is danger place, face fact and embrace

STOP TO HIDE

MAN UP!!! >:(

edit if you are womans I don't mean offend things, woman have more brave than too many men I know this and it don't make me surprise in the 100's carebear I kill ZERO WAS WOMAN

Edited by KoS

"the threat of people killing you on sight - or backstabbingly killing you after they chatted with you and pretended to be friendly - is what makes the friendly encounters so valuable and enjoyable.."

For you. Thing is people are capable of getting different amounts of enjoyment out of different things. In fact, none of us experiences the game in exactly the same way. D&D players are more immersed in their game world than probably just about all DayZ players, without any visual stimulus at all, just their imaginations. I experienced DayZ the similar way when i started playing DayZ, I followed the power lines and avoided players, immersed in the alternate reality and playing as if i was there. Boring eventually, but it was extremely fun then. Some people, like my cousin (Afghan vet) who avoids games where there is any violence against people, might be one of those people on that server. Nothing wrong with it. I'd recommend laying off the insistence on apple pie to the people who have told you 10 times they prefer pumkin. If it interferes with testing, perhaps thats different.

oh i agree that people enjoy different things. i absolutely love infinite diversity in infinite combinations. but if someone does not enjoy open world pvp, maybe he should not turn to a game, where open world pvp is at the core of gameplay design.

people have different tastes. but if you order a Cuba Libre, expect it to contain alcohol and lime. If you dont like either, maybe you should just order a Coke from the start.

Edited by e47
  • Like 1

Of course this is the internet so there will ALWAYS be hate and people who think something that THEY (opinion) find awful/good as factual. This is why I have hated discussions on the internet since it begin. xD

This will never hopefully end up like Battlefield

Battlefield,COD,MOH Deathmatch,Spawn with gun, KOS, get killed,spawn, KOS etc.

DayZ, Find gun,KOS,get killed,spawn,find gun, etc

Nothing like Battlefield

PvE and DayZ? No thank you. Bye.

PvP is that thing what makes this game so great. 

Hey guys,

I joined a PvE server yesterday, because I am bored of joining a PvP Server looting something and getting shot after 10min. Now I played about 1 hour on the server, then a full armed guy appeared who just randomly shot at me... ofc I am dead. Why the hell are those "randomers" on a PvE Server. Maybe I am not the only one here.

Best Regards

Go play L4D2 or State of Decay. 

Thanks!

I think this thread has run its course...

Calling last orders......

Locked.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 2