ZedsDeadBaby

PSA: If you put "No KoS" in the title of your server, I'm going to favorite it and stop in every day to kill at least one person

Its actually their server, so they can ban you for no fucking reason if they wanted too.

*sigh*. Wrong.

Why not reseach a little  before making such firm statements?

If they restrict people from playing they'll lose the server.

Linkylink: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-server-reporting/

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 3

You know with the fact everyone can act like an asshat with no repercussions. Good system. (Utter sarcasm).

• Like 1

Hmm, never seen that in a game before. Must by why the game is so broken.

It can't be broken when it isn't even finished, now can it?

Private servers will come, then you can do as you want.

• Like 1

You know with the fact everyone can act like an asshat with no repercussions. Good system. (Utter sarcasm).

"Act like an asshat" how exactly do you mean?

They are more like "guidelines" anyway

I see what you did there. 

pirate.

• Like 1

"Act like an asshat" how exactly do you mean?

For instance, I think people who have nothing better to do than literally stay at fresh spawn killing before they can even begin to loot should be temporarily or permanently banned. You're literally stopping people from properly using a product they purchased. Why should we be forced to change server breaking immersion because of lazy development choices.  

I don't mean to be offensive, I'm just stating my experience and opinion.

Edited by Zeet.
  • Like 4

Hey man, those people don't come into your servers and.....not, kill, you...?

I don't know, i would just leave them alone. Plus how is INTENTIONALLY pissing someone off going to make your game any better, its probably just going to get them to leave the game. 

I think you're just trolling for the sake of trolling.

Thats my opinion though..

• Like 1

For instance, I think people who have nothing better to do than literally stay at fresh spawn killing before they can even begin to loot should be temporarily or permanently banned. You're literally stopping people from properly using a product they purchased. Why should we be forced to change server breaking immersion because of lazy development choices.

Freshly spawned players probably don't have any immersion to break, it's probably much less immersion breaking to switch servers if there's campers than stay and continually be killed.

Hey man, those people don't come into your servers and.....not, kill, you...?

I don't know, i would just leave them alone. Plus how is INTENTIONALLY pissing someone off going to make your game any better, its probably just going to get them to leave the game. 

I think you're just trolling for the sake of trolling.

Thats my opinion though..

If this is towards me, I'm sorry I don't understand what you're trying to say.

I've never been spawn killed. I just stated a random situation that would make many regret their purchase of the game. Which can easily be avoided by banning (punishing) those who go beyond immaturity to the point its negatively effecting others gaming experience.

Edited by Zeet.
  • Like 1

Freshly spawned players probably don't have any immersion to break, it's probably much less immersion breaking to switch servers if there's campers than stay and continually be killed.

Hypothetically speaking, what if there is a spawn camp killer in every server. Obviously that is incredibly highly unlikely, but since you don't ban for reasons every other game does, its not entirely unlikely.

• Like 1

if server admin wishes for their server to be no kos'ing then its their perogative to do so...out of the hundreds of servers i've seen only a few ask for no kos'ing...

• Like 1

No KoS doesn't mean no PVP

/\ /\ see what he said there? 

KOS is not a function of the game, its a player reaction, based on the game... stop thinking it means people can attack each other 

added:

Hahaha!  Why even bother playing the game if you're going to out right have a "No KOS" server?  Might as well play by yourself Iike I see some admins doing!

KOS is a part of the game.

No KOS =/ no pvp
Edited by Sooden

if server admin wishes for their server to be no kos'ing then its their perogative to do so...out of the hundreds of servers i've seen only a few ask for no kos'ing...

And the inadequate way things are set up now, you can't ban someone for breaking the rules of YOUR server. (Utterly retarded).

• Like 1

You make it sound like they know exactly where your going to spawn every time or something. I've never had issue's with people "spawn killing".  those "people" you are referring to, need to stop making stupid decisions, and in turn posting on this forum saying the game is broken because they keep doing the same dumb thing over and over expecting a different result. 

Example:

Spawns at kamenka, komarovo, balota -> runs to airstrip, the following happens:

A-   dies, respawns runs immediately to the airstrip again if spawned at those 3 locations. If in cherno, runs for a firehouse, if in elektro, runs to a firehouse might get lucky and get out of there, or might just die and start over at step 1.

B-   lives, gets a gun, runs up the hill to cherno apts, then to cherno, dies

C-   lives, runs to military bases otw to NWAF....dies

these are the people complaining about KoS and Spawn Killing, they keep putting themselves in the worst parts of the map where its guaranteed you will be shot if armed, then rage wondering why ""everyone"" in this game KoS...

Edited by Hoj0
  • Like 3

You make it sound like they know exactly where your going to spawn every time or something. I've never had issue's with people "spawn killing".  those "people" you are referring to, need to stop making stupid decisions, and in turn posting on this forum saying the game is broken because they keep doing the same dumb thing over and over expecting a different result. 

Example:

Spawns at kamenka, komarovo, balota -> runs to airstrip, the following happens:

a) dies, respawns runs immediately to the airstrip again if spawned at those 3 locations. If in cherno, runs for a firehouse, if in elektro, runs to a firehouse might get lucky and get out of there, or might just die and start over at step 1.

B) lives, gets a gun, runs up the hill to cherno apts, then to cherno, dies

c) lives, runs to military bases otw to NWAF....dies

these are the people complaining about KoS and Spawn Killing, they keep putting themselves in the worst parts of the map where its guaranteed you will be shot if armed, then rage wondering why ""everyone"" in this game KoS...

Everyone spawns in the exact same area every single time, at different spawns.

And again, it was just a hypothetical situation. There are MANY other reasons why you could ban someone for being too immature.

Edited by Zeet.
  • Like 1

Hello there

As long as the server is not breaking any rules that the devs have given them, then folk are fine to play the game the way they like.

I find it a little poor that if they dont play it in a way some see as "cannon" that others want to spoil their fun.

I do, however thing that it would be fair to separate non KoS servers to their own hive as it will be easier to gear up on these and therefore could be used for nefarious purposes.

There is a balance issue here, but the OP's solution is not the way forward IMHO.

Rgds

LoK

Reading this post I understand that you can create a non kos server but, obviously, there's a balance problem with it.

Planck says you can't.

What are the rules, exactly?

• Like 1

Hmm, never seen that in a game before. Must by why the game is so broken.

That's because this game is not like any other game. If you want this game to be like another game, why don't skip a link and just get that other game?

If you think the game is broken because KoS is a valid playstyle: it is not broken, this is by design.

Lazy development choices? Have you not read the THIS GAME IS ALPHA part when buying, launching, reading the forums, posting here, searching here etc? Why do I even bother: you don't get the game and probably got it under the wrong expectations.

@Noisex: I have no source. But you can make a server saying "no KoS". However, you are not allowed to ban people for KoS. When starting a server you enter an agreement in which you are not allowed to ban as you see fit. This is necessary to maintain balance and get a level playing field for everyone on every server (since they can mix because of the public hive)

Edited by Liquidje

Reading this post I understand that you can create a non kos server but, obviously, there's a balance problem with it.

Planck says you can't.

What are the rules, exactly?

You can create a no KOS server, but nobody has to follow the rules.

That's because this game is not like any other game. If you want this game to be like another game, why don't skip a link and just get that other game?

If you think the game is broken because KoS is a valid playstyle: it is not broken, this is by design.

Lazy development choices? Have you not read the THIS GAME IS ALPHA part when buying, launching, reading the forums, posting here, searching here etc? Why do I even bother: you don't get the game and probably got it under the wrong expectations.

Not at all, but good assumptions ass. I enjoy the fuck out of this game.

Edited by Max Planck
Stop that, please. Try to make do without insults.

Everyone spawns in the exact same area every single time, at different spawns.

And again, it was just a hypothetical situation. There are MANY other reasons why you could ban someone for being too immature.

its not the exact same spot... there is almost a thousand meters of shoreline that you spawn from. just because you spawn next to a killzone doesnt mean your obligated to go into said killzone.

its not the exact same spot... there is almost a thousand meters of shoreline that you spawn from. just because you spawn next to a killzone doesnt mean your obligated to go into said killzone.

Ive spawned in the exact same spot many times (Recently). Obviously go north not into killzone thanks for stating the obvious.

Edited by Zeet.

And the inadequate way things are set up now, you can't ban someone for breaking the rules of YOUR server. (Utterly retarded).

It's not "your" server in the sense of a typical game. You're effectively paying money to have a server that you know won't go down suddenly. This was a lot more relevant back in the mod, since if you built a base and stored vehicles, those were local to the server. I know I had some heartbreak when a server went down permanently where we had worked hard to establish a base filled with loot and three vehicles. That's what made us buy our own server (until hackers ruined everything and led to us quitting the mod. They would come on daily and teleport every vehicle to NWAF, including the boats).

Basically, what you're forgetting is that you still own your server. It's yours, but in order for it to be allowed to connect to the hive, you have to abide by certain rules that are designed to keep the game fair. This is because you get people who would lock their server, farm up all the best loot in the game with no risk, then take all of that loot onto another server they didn't own just to kill everyone with their superior gear. By all means you are free to kick and ban whoever you want from your server, but because you are effectively cheating at that point by banning players who are playing the game in a way that it was intended to be played, you server is no longer a legitimate server.

That's what you fail to understand. Kicking a player for not following your arbitrary rules is cheating. You're no better than the hackers at that point, and it is perfectly reasonable for a server run by a cheater to have his server banned from the hive, just like you would expect any other cheater to be banned.

• Like 1

There will never exist a no KoS server, most of the community is made of Dickheads that just want to play cod with zombies, they'll kill on sight on a normal server cause they can, and they'll kill on sight on a non-KoS server just to be the dickheads they are and ruin the gameplay of who wants to play the game like that.