Sign in to follow this  
Blindingsun

Hunger and Thirst timers

Currently as it stands you can't run 300 meters without getting hungry or thirsty.. now in the real world you can pretty much run a marathon without eating... and even then drink is fairly minimal...

will eat/drink timers be extended in the near future at all?

Came here to post the same video. This needs to be circulated as much as possible to avoid anymore posts concerning food and hungry, it's explained VERY well int he video.

• Like 1

I don't care how he explains it..

as it stands you get hungry and thirsty FAR too quickly.... which is what I'm saying. it should take longer to get hungry and longer to get thirsty

Actually the hunger and thirst system is working fine; it is you who is wrong about it. If you follow the instructions from the video, you will see you won't get hungry or thirsty for hours. Just have a look on the video, it really is worth it.

Edited by Elm
  • Like 3

I don't care how he explains it..

as it stands you get hungry and thirsty FAR too quickly.... which is what I'm saying. it should take longer to get hungry and longer to get thirsty

You obviously didnt watch the video. You start the game near starving. You have to eat and drink until full, otherwise you will stay near starving. Edited by HeinrichM
  • Like 1

I can't remember the last time my guy said he was hungry or thirsty. Just keep eating every hour

• Like 1

You also start the game without a M4, backpack, aviator sunglasses and medical supplies. Thirst will get you kickstarted into survival mode, as your start off you have to attent to your primary needs first. After that you can worry about highend tactical gear.

yeah but you're all missing what I'm saying.

I eat and drink in game till my hunger/thirst things are gone right...

now

in the real world. 5 mins of running does NOT make you hungry or even particularly thirsty...and you certainly wouldn't die from starvation in the length of time you do in game... I think I ran for 10 mins and I got a "Dying of starvation" warning. now. in the real world that just isn't going to happen is it.

I think the rate at which your thirst and hunger ramps up and becomes a problem...is far too short.. I'm not bitching about the mechanics of health etc so linking that video was pointless..

I'm simply saying that you shouldn't need to eat every hour

or drink every 10 mins.. 

Blindingsun su !

Edited by Chauz

Blindingsun su !

FU Chauz!!! I bought you games!!   

Hunger and thirst should be quicker than real life since the distances you travel in Dayz are much shorter. The map is only like 15km from one end to the other, so the amount of resources it takes to move around that distance should be proportional to their availability. 

No, the answer was in the second post.

You do it wrong.

No, the answer was in the second post.

You do it wrong.

I don;t do it wrong at all. I eat till i'm "well fed" and drink proportionally.

still 10 mins later. Dying of starvation.

You eat and drink still you get left below the info "I feel full" or something like that?

Or you eat one can of bean when the info comes up "I feel hungry"?

When you press "TAB" you have the info "helthy"?

Edited by NoCheats

now

in the real world. 5 mins of running does NOT make you hungry or even particularly thirsty...and you certainly wouldn't die from starvation in the length of time you do in game... I think I ran for 10 mins and I got a "Dying of starvation" warning. now. in the real world that just isn't going to happen is it.

I think the rate at which your thirst and hunger ramps up and becomes a problem...is far too short.. I'm not bitching about the mechanics of health etc so linking that video was pointless..

I'm simply saying that you shouldn't need to eat every hour

or drink every 10 mins.. 

You don't seem to be eating enough. I ran for about 20 minutes non-stop until I received a message saying I was hungry. In game this roughly translates to 7000-8000 meter distance.

And THIS in fact is the problem you are facing. You believe you filled your hunger-o-meter to 100% when the hunger indicator is gone, but that is a false conclusion as you would have learned in the video.

To keep things short: the hungry/thirsty indicators only pop in when you are really (!) hungry, like 10% of what your character is able to store as energy or water. Eat and drink more, put it to a 100% and you won't need to care about it for a long time. Is this so hard to get?

Edit: "Well fed" means your stomach is full, not your energy or thirst storage. This is also explained in the video! Why don't you just take the time and watch it?

Edited by Elm
  • Like 1

Two messages are important. The first is below 25% hunger/thirst. The secend is 100%. All other (no infos) is between this.

Edited by NoCheats

maybe you have teh AIDS?

I know Blinding and this is not something we should exclude.

OP just face it, you are doing it wrong. We have no need to eat/drink every 10 minutes.
I bet you didnt even watch the video, just tought that you know and continue with your argument...