scubaman3d

[SA]WeaponZ Survey

Deagle *_*

ohh yeah and I suggested the m24 and some lmgs (pkm, rpk etc.) but they should be extreemely rare.

I would really like to see a G3, its a very rugged, stable, high power / high recoil fireing platform.

Feels great if you shot it!

7.62 NATOG3.jpg

You can see it as some kind of middleground between a sniper and a assault rifle.

Edited by thewolfpack

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm looking to some Kalashnikov weapons.

I wouldn't mind seeing an entire patch dedicated to adding them to the game as a tribute to the recently deceased gun designer.

Other than those, I'd love to see civilian weapons become the most common options.

I agree. The Kalashnikov has to be implemented (hopefully soon) for several reasons. 1) the Ak-47 is the most common of weapons, and it is from the eastern block so 2) since it's Chernarus, it's logical and 3) as Falcrist said, it would be even more fitting in light of the creator's recent passing

I dont know if someone ask for it or you think about it but...

I WANT A BOW! Not crossbow, just a bow like Robin Hood!

PS: Make more civil clothes please, its a bit annoying see everyone as green/green camo military gear :/

I'd rather see crafting and be able to craft a bow from basic supplies.

I think a .50cal sniper sounds awesome. But they'd have to be rare and ammo should be very hard to find. 

To be honest I would love to see .50 bmg but only under condition that zombies would be gore friendly.

They should be anyway as that would take the game to entirely new level, for me anyhow

Will extra weapons added in the future be placed like they were in the mod? In civilian areas. I hope not, I love how scarse the guns are in the SA at the moment, It feels more like I have to survive with the melee weapons untill I can reach a military compound or more believable area that spawns guns. 

Having newspawns find a weapon in the first house they get into just doesn't appeal to me imo.

About pistols; I'd like to see them mostly as weak zombie killing weapons, rather than ones that could challenge players.

I think a .50cal sniper sounds awesome. But they'd have to be rare and ammo should be very hard to find. 

Agreed, Sniper rifles are pretty superior weapons that can kill you without you even knowing about it, having them very rare is a good thing.

Edited by Deadend197

They should be anyway as that would take the game to entirely new level, for me anyhow

.50 cal snipers were removed for a reason from the mod... and they never belonged to that game in my  opinion. There are enough games where people can use that kind of weapons, and I usually ask myself: Why Dont You Play Arma 3 If You Only Like  To Have Big & High Tech Military Weapons.

Military weapon problem: if those spawn rates arent controlled and people are able to copy them (they usually find the way), DayZ is just another CoD. If player equips himself within minutes to antimateriel/M14 + other gear, there's something horribly wrong.

DayZ mod suffers from this: people wont even bother equipping shotguns when assault rifles and machine guns can be found everywhere. Plentiful military grade ammunition makes sure it remains as a pvp killing field.

I hope civilian weapons have their place in the game.

I'd rather see crafting and be able to craft a bow from basic supplies.

Grab a branch from a tree and tie rope to each end? That's your average bow, how terrific :D! But yeah, not an easy job if wanting to make a real bow out of wood, "long bow" or "composite bow". Crossbow on the other hand can be easily made from "scrap" material (plastic and stuff). When I was a kid I made one from old skis + wooden plank.

Craftable silencer was also a neat idea, as well as flare gun (suggested by Isaaq & alfauniform)

Flare gun would be cool, but not sure how much it would actually be used.

Well, dunno... one could use it for producing light, like meant to be, or it could serve as a panic mode solution when fired against human player, it surely causes confusion at least. Could even blind player temporarily if shot during dark night.

Edited by Kuikka
  • Like 2

I don't see any reason to include the 3D printed gun at all. It's completely useless as a weapon, it's one shot and if it's realistic it would probably degrade to the point you can't use it after ONE shot (And probably take your hand off with it). It's also really stupid to include it in a game based in an ex-soviet republic. No one will privately own a 3D printer, let alone use it to print these awful ineffective guns.

And If possible, I would vote to include several types of rifles, pistols and shotguns before we even think about SMG's. The nature of Sub Machine Guns makes them very late game equipment, along with pretty ineffective now that guns are relegated for PvP, not PvZ. I was fine with the amount of SMG's in the mod, 2 types is well enough.

IMO SMG's fit perfectly although not any more than good old rusty AK's. The availability of ammo would be one of the major deciding factors in such out brake but I imagine the remaining civilian population would grab an SMG or compact weapons like the AKS 74U due to weight and them being unobtrusive and concealable ( read, smaller & backpack friendly )

Perhaps even governments / military would be willingly supplying SMG's to any remaining survivors out there over heavy and recoil wild assault battle rifles to defend themself's but thats my imagination running wild. I am just saying that I believe SMG's would be the weapon of choice because many would want to carry a long range weapon with half decent stopping power as well.

I mean I don't know about you but I wouldn't loot a village or town without one of these 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heWuhDADCu8

Edited by Colonel-Wicked

OMG please don't ruin this game by adding OP weapons. Focus more on other aspects than turning this into another mindless shooter.

May have already been suggested (and yes, possibly a horrible idea), but is it possible that weapon rarity might be a configurable option when someone chooses to launch a server? General rarity of weapon categories (civilian sidearm, shotgun, military rifle, etc) would show up to players looking in the server list as a scrollover on the server's name.

It is great when you ask for feedback from us, thanks.

Is there a plan that will make shotguns more "usable"? Not that they don't work, but just that in every game the shotgun is pretty worthless.

I think slugs that do high damage would be great no matter which shotgun gets chosen.

From past experience of playing the mod, shotguns were frequently swapped out and equipped when entering buildings. Up close a single shot was always enough to kill any baddie lurking round corners.  I miss the Winchester 1866 badly in Standalone tbh.  It was always my favourite weapon.

The way to combat players running to X and equipping Y weapon is to make the loot spawns completely random with higher chances to spawn {whatever weapon} based on location on the map and frequency.

Currently in a certain baracks, you can rest assured that if the server restarted you can go there and there's an M4 lying on the floor... awful.

Spawns should not just be cycled but completely random.  Then no one will know where to go to find what.  Then we'll have more players covering the map.

Not just checking the same old locations and finding the exact same things.

I realize its alpha and currently the system is in its preliminary form to verify function of spawning mechanisms and that the above will be implemented at some point in the future so don't get your panties in a bunch.

Just saying at some point...this desperately needs addressed.

• Like 2

Bolt action sniper rifles, assault rifles such as the Scar-H, M16A4 etc. would all be cool.

please no semi auto sniper rifles. i want snipers to be skillful

That wont happen even with bolt action rifles unless they completely change the Sniping and elevation adjustment in Dayz so it is like ACE aka real life.

• Like 1

I want to see more civilian weapons in the game, less police weapons, and far less military weapons.  Finding a military grade weapon should be like winning the lottery.  I'm also quite perplexed as to why you chose to put the M4 in the game before the AK platform, seeing as how this IS a Russian map and the M4 is an American weapon.  I would also like to see some machine guns as ultra rare spawns.  This would be useful when base building comes into play and defending an area is important.  

Three suggestions I have.  I could care less what weapons you decide to put in this game, as long as it remains balanced according to my prior statement.

1.  Lower caliber guns/ammo more common than high caliber.  For example a .22 caliber is a common home recreation round.  It is cheap and readily available.  In my neck of the woods (not russia) these are incredibly common in both pistol and rifle.  I know a lot of people are complaining about KOS which could be combated somewhat by lower caliber rounds being more common and as such do less damage.  They still could take out an zed in a pinch but wouldn't really be that useful in killing someone (though could get the job done), especially if they are packing more heat.

2.  I dont mind the current spawn rate of firearms as I know the m4 is a placeholder for other items.  What I would like to see is most ammo being rare.  I currently have over 300 rounds of 5.56 and 80 rounds of 7.62.  This is fine in the current state of the game because Melee is a crapshoot.  If melee is improved I would like to see Ammo becoming a scare resource and eventually I would like to see it become somewhat of a currency.  You might be toting a military grade weapon but that ammo you need, well its nowhere to be found!  Better hope you can trade for it!

3.  Ammo types should be utilized based on their actual counter part in the game.  For example the AK47, SKS, and AKM use 7.62x39 and the Mosin uses 7.62x54r ammo.  Both are 7.62mm but have different lengths (and powder weight), the updated ak, the ak-74 uses 5.45x39.  The mp5 uses 9mm, so why couldnt i pop it into my 9mm pistol? seeing how the mp5 is basically a stocked version of a machine pistol.  I'm writing this because of the mod using specific clips and ammo for specific weapons.  I know in the mod the SKS had a specific clip and the ak had one, they are the same ammo.  I would like to see a diverse population of guns and ammo, but I dont want to see it get so specific that it dilutes the spawns/market to oblivion and back. 

Edit: spelling/ideas

Edited by Bohannan
  • Like 1

3.  Ammo types should be utilized based on their actual counter part in the game.  For example the AK47, SKS, and AKM use 7.62x39 and the Mosin uses 7.62x54r ammo.  Both are 7.62mm but have different lengths (and powder weight), the updated ak, the ak-74 uses 5.45x39.  The mp5 uses 9mm, so why couldnt i pop it into my 9mm pistol? seeing how the mp5 is basically a stocked version of a machine pistol.  I'm writing this because of the mod using specific clips and ammo for specific weapons.  I know in the mod the SKS had a specific clip and the ak had one, they are the same ammo.  I would like to see a diverse population of guns and ammo, but I dont want to see it get so specific that it dilutes the spawns/market to oblivion and back. 

Edit: spelling/ideas

This is already happening in game, all they need to do is rename the 7.62x54r when they add the 7.62x39 with an AK/SKS. You need a mag specific to the weapon (except for the revolver and mosin ATM) but they can be emptied.

All these people wanting taticool modern weaponry are making me physically ill. Adding tons of fully automatic weapons ruin the combat experience.

I would love to see a variety of all sniper rifles. Military obviously more rare located at heli crashes, military bases only. Others more like citizen worn snipers in barns etc. I wouldn't mind a as50 thermal as long it is 0.0001 percent chance in finding in DayZ only. Mods only available on difference/private hives. Like tavianna overwatch etc.

You guys all asked for a realistic game, and a realistic game is every weapon. U shouldn't find citizen weapons in barracks that would just be odd. If you ask for a realistic game there shouldn't be any exceptions. 

Edited by kamil575

I voted for this:

6ZLTU5W.jpg

Karabiner-Selbstlader Josef-Landmann-Preetz Mod. 65
Semi auto rifle (convertible). They were made in .22LR (lfb) and .22 magnum calibre.
It was very popular in Germany in the seventies before it was banned as an "anscheinswaffe" a gun that looks like a military weapon. It was used by the german RAF and irish IRA, converted to full auto.
The receiver is made of zamac, barrel is removable.

You could mail order this in the 70s. I guess quite many are around as collectors weapons. It's a relatively silent gun and very accurate.

• Like 2

done :thumbsup:  ;)

please make double barrel shotgun possible shoot left barrel or right side barrel :)

or both barrel same time :D

also make possible for put different ammo type each side B)

aka

Sawn off double barrel shotgun Mad Max style

Mad Max plays in a kinda apocalyptic world, and DayZ.... ^_^

or

Reloading.gif

good old winchester lever-action.

looks badass, is badass.

Question: Are there any LMGs in the making? Like L86, MG4, etc.

I know, may be a bit OP and stupid, just asking ;)

But shotties and revolvers are plain cool.

Oldschool rulez'

B|

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1