scubaman3d

[SA]WeaponZ Survey

Why would you want an AT rifle in this game? Doesnt really make sense, especially if you wont let ppl zero and sight it. lol

Well there IS going to be vehicles but for the most part it's more of a vanity item. You shoot it because it's fun to shoot, it's intimidating and it's absolutely ridiculous. I'm against the whole .50 sniper thing simply because it provides the ultimate choice in anti-personel / vehicle, but without scopes, sights or zeroing you're basically going to have to learn how this gun shoots, it won't be very effective against people but it will provide a solid choice for vehicle traps / fun factor shooting.

And it's ridiculously long, more than 1.5x as long as an AS50. When running the model would clip deep into the ground with standard animations. :lol:

I'm sure there could be a fix for this :p

Fistly I'd like to see the most practical weapons implemented, like shotguns firstly, then .22 rifles, they would be the most common in the countryside, and quiet too. Then bolt action rifles and some pistols. Assault rifles would be less available. However this is Russia so lets see some AK's and SKS's   > :(

I agree with all this. I really hope to see lots of guns that would be found in the countryside. I don't even mind AK variants and SKS's since they make more sense given the location. I don't even think a majority of the guns people want even make sense in Chernarus. I am not aware of any NATO or US military stationed around post-soviet countries, but feel free to correct me. All the M4/M16/M14/DMR/G3/FAL/BMG/LAPUA/M60/M249/MG36/PKP/MP5/UMP/SVD/ETC should just stay away from DayZ or be rare enough someone can't server hop 50 times in one location to find it.

Edited by flyingspatula
  • Like 2

After filling in the survey and thinking about it, this game really needs a bow!

Its the perfect thing to have as a craftable, and makes absolute sense in a survival game.

As for guns, modern ones, while ingame should be exceptionally rare.

Ammo however, should NOT be a deciding factor in using them.

There is nothing more frustrating then finding a weapon and then only 3 bullets for it in the timespan of a few days.

Ammo rarity is fine with me, but having so little of it that im to afraid of ever firing it, drives me crazy!

• Like 3

Well there IS going to be vehicles but for the most part it's more of a vanity item. You shoot it because it's fun to shoot, it's intimidating and it's absolutely ridiculous. I'm against the whole .50 sniper thing simply because it provides the ultimate choice in anti-personel / vehicle, but without scopes, sights or zeroing you're basically going to have to learn how this gun shoots, it won't be very effective against people but it will provide a solid choice for vehicle traps / fun factor shooting.

I'm sure there could be a fix for this :P

I think a .50cal sniper sounds awesome. But they'd have to be rare and ammo should be very hard to find. 

• Like 2

Mauser C96.

You could have a clip with it to make it load all the bullets at once.

You could have the holster/ stock, when you put the holster on as a stock it turns into a back mounted weapon.

When you take the holster off you can have it on your characters hip.

It could either be chambered in 7.63x25mm Mauser which would undoubtedly be a rare round anywhere.

Or it could be chambered with a simple 9mm and stick a red 9 on the handle.

My absolute favourite pistol <3 sorry if spam.

Can't fight this feeling anymore.

• Like 1

Shotgun with scatter and deer slug ammo!

Btw we ever gonna have a chance of bow or crossbows?

Do you mean buck and ball ammo?

Personally I'd like to see huge ranges of rounds, HP, FMJ, Tracer for rifles.

Buck and ball, slugs, 00 buckshot, birdshot, beanbag, frag, aswell as a few you could craft yourself split shell, as a very close range sort of improvised stun shot, salt shot, coinshot, ball & chain, dragonsbreath and more all for the versatile 12 gauge shotguns.

Some are silly some are downright stupid, but hell I'd like to see a long range of rounds (eventually) ofcourse they should be extremely rare and some only craft able or very rare assuming some crazy farmers might enjoy shooting random shit out out 12g shotguns too.

I would like to see an emphasis on Combloc and Eastern European civilian firearms. While I would like to see a full selection of rarer military small arms (including machine guns and hand grenades) the priority initially should be the most common firearms. Craft-able homemade zip guns should make up the first and lowest tier of DayZ firearms.

done :thumbsup:  ;)

please make double barrel shotgun possible shoot left barrel or right side barrel :)

or both barrel same time :D

also make possible for put different ammo type each side B)

I could see the drag/ drop go, load left, load right, load both.

And fire select being left->right, right->left, both barrels.

You may choose to fire buckshot first to get the CQ advantage, but slug second incase the pellets didn't get the range.

• Like 1

Did the survey but I don't think guns like the Fal should be in the game its kinda OP I think and I think it would be cool to have craftable guns like a pipe gun for example or parts of guns mismatched when extremely broken.

I think SKS is more than enough for 7.62 semi auto for a long time.

Voted for a couple of country-found guns that find amusing. Just remember to fix the hopping and ghosting before implementing new stuff.

Done, but the Browning HP is a 9mm.

Any chance we could eventually load individual bullets in a clip?

Like ;tracer, fmj, fmj, fmj, tracer or whatever suits your fancy.

We want to have a wide variety of guns eventually -  to spread out the chances of finding a specific item. However, we have to prioritize in the short term, so I'm curious to hear from you guys.

how about tranquilizers?

I could see the drag/ drop go, load left, load right, load both.

And fire select being left->right, right->left, both barrels.

You may choose to fire buckshot first to get the CQ advantage, but slug second incase the pellets didn't get the range.

They should model the fact that if you touch off both at the same time, it's not twice the recoil, it's 4x the recoil... it could lead to the stock cracking.

• Like 1

Closing in on 3k responses!

I could probably close the the poll here since the results are quite clear but I guess its better to let as many as possible voice their opinions...

I'll probably share the results but with some caveats explained later on.

Can you give us an idea of when the next weapon will be patched in? Can we get a hint of what you're working on or how often we can expect to see new weapon content?

Edit: Once a week? Once a month? Twice a month? Weapons are an afterthought for now while bugs are patched? Etc.

Edited by strngplyr
  • Like 1

I could probably close the the poll here since the results are quite clear but I guess its better to let as many as possible voice their opinions...

Sweet!

Might as well close it if the tendency is clear after 3k responses. I'm anxious to see what the community actually thinks (not just the squeaky wheels that post).

Wait, you might get more people ask for the C96, hold off a bit longer!

I would rather see things like crafting booby traps like in the first Rambo movie tbh..

Now then we will see a good game....

Open a door and wooden stakes hit you in the chest or in the guts......

Awesome..

Bear traps as well please...

This game map seems to be based in/near Russia. I have also watched plenty of videos by "FPS Russia" over the years.

Because of this, I'd like to see every badass weapon you can think of in game. And maybe some sound effects of a Russian guy saying "Have nice day."

• Like 1

I wish the Devs would decide what's going to be in the game considering it's no longer a free mod. With all due respect, game balance isn't easy, but I don't want to be stuck with .22 rifles and single load shotguns.